Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I'm loving this weather but after a very dry August here in Suffolk I've had to get the hose out to keep the flower beds alive. And GFS suggesting the Region largely misses this week's heavy showers moving up from the south. Zilch for some on the East Coast.

August 21 rainfall anomaly versus 1981-2010 average: 1058057992_RainfallanomAug21.thumb.png.daa64ac1ae1163930b3581ac305abb09.png

GFS rainfall accumulation Tues 7th to Sun 12th Sept: 1063327762_GFSPrecipaccum07to12Sept.thumb.GIF.668bf5bf47e2681919df0168b4803206.GIF

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A high of 28c here yesterday, 29c in parts of the region. Looks similar if not higher today with clear skies from the get go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Beautiful start to the day . Will be interesting to see if 30c is reached today .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Already up to 27c widely across the region. Plenty of time to hit the 30c mark.

We do have some cloud starting to bubble up though in Peterborough at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Warmest day of the year here at 26.5c shows what happens when we get a slight easterly off the continent.

• Like 1

Posted

Northolt has reached 30.1c, my weather station of Wittering recorded 29.5c at 3pm and 4pm so likely have hot close to the 30c and at the very least Peterborough itself has probably breached the mark today.

A large space of central England has is currently at 29c today from the West Midlands to many parts of East Anglia.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

After dropping back a bit, the temp is shooting up again back up to 26c due to the sea breeze easing. Late morning and late afternoon easily the warmest parts of the day on the coast, afternoon always cools off in a refreshing breeze from the sea, although ruining the potential temp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

My weather station is claiming a max 30C at 15:11 today. Currently 21C with 58% humidity as I type. Today’s pleasant breeze dropped here just after 8pm, just as it did yesterday evening. Wind now from East with average 2 minute wind speed of…..0.4 mph. Pressure 1018.6 hPa steady.

A short evening walk with my dog before the wind died away was very pleasant. Watering the vegetable and flower beds in the zero breeze, less fresh, darkness felt far less so.

The high point of today was the ability to ignore the guilt at stepping away my NHS work for a record busting 20 minutes to go outside and sit in the sun with a cup of tea - yay!  Am so pale from lack of daylight since Covid hit us hard at work last year (and hasn’t eased up) that it looks as though I have resident vampires using me to assuage their nocturnal obsessive eating disorders  

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Forgot the hPa again…

Posted

Misty morning across the fields as I walked the dogs this morning and felt quite chilly at 14c. I see the storms predicted wont be reaching anywhere near these parts as usual.

Posted

28c at midday again so the 30c mark is reachable. It is certainly a breezier day compared to the last few.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Never seen anything like it between the Thames at Northfleet and Dartford a 5c temperature ? rise today from 23c by the Thames 5.5miles further East to 28c further west around 1.30-1.45pm today! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'm really cracking on with the early autumn garden clearance.

Really could do with some rain now, just done a shed load of watering, even some well established shrubs are looking sad. 

Of course, the east can expect a big fat zero in terms of storms yet again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

The radar is coming to life with strikes around the coast of eastbourne and Brighton. A couple of strikes further inland around hailsham and polegate too. 

Am hoping it pushes further north and east a little!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Another lovely day, bit of high cloud started appearing mid afternoon and a cloudier evening. Keeping an eye on (and one blind open) to the approaching rain in case we can get a flash or two but not too hopeful, these imports always seem to fizzle out these days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Argh Lol, Was on holiday at Normans bay East Sussex all last week with cloud and a chilly NE wind.

And of course now back in Cambridgeshire the heat and storms arrive on the Sussex coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Huge flashes and thunder getting louder here. It went from completely still to hearing a rush of wind that built and built, now lashing it down too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Just had a couple of big flashes to the south west! First night time lightning in 3 years! Very exciting but seems to have stopped

Posted

29.3c here the high today on the south east coast. Mostly sunny, some high cloud near sunset as the front moved towards us.

Still 24c now, in for another restless night!

DAB44A67-00E3-4541-A5A8-A0A8A121B2D9.thumb.jpeg.e3efd0bb741d15a015f72f8a97793f87.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Very, and I mean very distant rumbles here.  Can only hear it with the TV volume down, windows open and holding my breath, but I hear thunder ⛈ 

• Like 2