Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Top 3 favourite and least favourite times of the year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
On 03/09/2021 at 12:21, simshady said:

Top three

December on the run up to Christmas especially if it's cold and frosty.

October, looking forward to longer, darker nights and Halloween

November, Bonfire night and the atmosphere of a cold night

Worst

May, too warm and light.

June, too warm and light.

July, too warm and light.

@simshady you're a man after me own heart. But for me, December is only ruined by Christmas. Lol #BahHumbug 

Top favorite 3 for me... 

1. August: I just love the transition from summer to autumn, plus its the start of the harvest season, and after a few months of the lingering twilight, true darkness has finally returned. ??
2. September: Its autumn! Need I say anymore? Plus the horrible glary overhead sun of the summer is now a distant fading memory, and the light is much more pleasant. 
3. October: Autumn in full swing, leaves fully on the turn, after seeing gentle autumnal mists throughout August and September, the chance of our first proper fog day, plus our first proper autumn storm, and I've always found the time around the clock change Halloween particularly magical. 

Top worst 3 for me...

As someone who is a reverse S.A.D. sufferer
1. April: Its about this time that I know summer is lurking...  (Plus I sadly lost my Dad in April last year)... The final full month of true (but rapidly diminishing) darkness... So yeah... Not a fan of April.
2. May: Too light and warm... Only redeeming feature being the chance of a Spanish plume with thundery breakdown. ?️⛈️
3. June: The sun is directly overhead, and I just want to crawl in cave until it all over! The only redeeming features being the summer solstice, with the fact that we start loosing daylight again on our run into autumn, and the risk of thunderstorms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Top 3

1)July- Usually good for thunderstorms

2)August- No school and possibly thunderstorms and hot weather if it's a good month

3)February- Often better for snow down here than my birth month

Worst 3

3)October - Leaves get everywhere, cricket pitches, football pitches, the lot

2)January- Despite being my birth month it's mostly boring and mild weather

1)March- Not sure whether I want snow or an early storm season, usually March provided neither.

Edited by Eagle Eye

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Favourite

1) April through June - love this time of year for the pretty flowers, blossom, trees coming into leaf, spring showers and the overall increasing light.

2) September & October - the slow descent into cooler and crisp weather and the beautiful leaves. 2016 was a particularly good autumn as the sunshine and lack of wind gave beautiful displays.

3) February & March - the general feeling that the worst of the winter is over and the hope of spring

4) July & August - I'm cheating but I couldn't not mention them as the sunny, warm days and the overall joy of summer is lovely. However, hot spells like 2019 & 2020 can make it unbearable. 

Least fond

1) November into December - not bad if cold, snowy and overall seasonable, but when mild, it can be unbearable. the seemingly unending mild dross and lack of light can really be hard to cope with.

2) January - same as above. if it's cold and snowy it's fine but when mild it can feel like forever. I particularly remember the winter of 2020 seemingly lasting forever.

3) I don't really have a third. These are all general answers and can be different based on the year. For example, autumn 2016 I found beautiful, whereas autumns like 2014 seem boring and dull.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves and anything extreme

Love May, a good day in early may feels as good as any day in july in my opinion, maybe because its the first good day after the long winter.  Christmas of course, especially if we get some snow or frost. And for my third I would say now, nights starting to really cut it but still mild/warm through the day...soon get sick of the dark nights though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

Favourites

Mid-May to Mid-August. High summer, or the promise of.

April. Things starting to grow, days properly lengthening.

Late Feb/Early March. That feeling of knowing the worst of the winter darkness is behind us.

Worst.

November. Clocks have gone back, it's getting dark and dank, and you know you still have the whole of bloody winter ahead of you. Hate it hate it hate it.

December/Jan. Winter. Enough said. Just the feeling of wanting to get through to spring without too much weather disruption, footy fixtures getting buggered about with and so on. Though if a nice fat Bartlett takes up residence, things arn't so bad. 1988/9 winter was quite bearable in that regard

Edited by Uncle_Barty