Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet?

stewfox

Posted

It's rumoured that the British Government will soon be asking the British public, NOT to turn on their heating until October 31st to avoid "fuelling" more issues in the current fuel / suppply crisis. 

Note: By buying more gas we are making the Russion Oligarches more wealthy..

Mind you Chez Kiwi looks nice..

• Like 1

Posted
On 29/09/2021 at 12:50, Ed Stone said:

I'm currently sitting here in shorts and a tank top, so, no, I haven't put my heating on yet!

Shorts & T shirt for me, mind you I did shorts all the way through last winter..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, preferably thunderstorms, cold and bad weather.

I'm starting to get stern looks from across the living room.

Posted

Heating is on full blast to warm the place up, after having the window open all day while at work. I don’t come in until 8pm, so the place is already chilly from being exposed to the chilly evening air. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Log burner ticking away, just burning some off cuts to take the chill off, not touching the log store just yet,

Posted
On 04/10/2021 at 22:04, Mapantz said:

No heating needed here. No rooms have dropped below 19°C.

Lucky you, Property's, locations and temps vary through out the UK ?‍♂️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

I live in a very old house, with mostly double thickness brick walls only the front could have insulation pumped in, so it is hard (so expensive) to heat, plus at my age I feel the cold. So all in all, my heating is on for a couple of hours in the morning and then again in the evening. It's not on high though, living room is 18C at present. 

I was with Green energy so got caught out when the company folded, my new monthy direct debit is going to be about £122 according to the latest email info   I seem to use more gas than Ofgem's 'medium' but less electricity, I wonder if that means it would be better to top up the living room with a halogen fire, rather than turn the c/heating system thermostat up when it gets colder?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

When we all turn our central heating on ( okay when we decide)  the way gas is just now £££ ...temporary electric heating or the same *oil filled heaters* maybe the way to go ATM

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Stove is all ready to go, we had it in over night on tuesday as it was miserable and very chilly, been out ever since. Our boat tends to gain solar heating still , so is warmed through in the evenings. 

We will probably light it again at the next damp spell, and it will almost certainly stay in then until next Spring....quite easy to keep it going for up to 48 hours.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, preferably thunderstorms, cold and bad weather.

Had all the windows open again today as it was warmer outside than in! Now hit a nice 19 degrees again, and hopefully will stay at that level over the next few days.

Posted

Mild evening as forecast so left the log burner alone tonight, no heating required on a mild evening even in my old cottage,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Nope. With energy prices going up the wazoo you can forget it for as long as possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Yes.  It’s been cloudy all day about 15 degrees and now raining.   Washing which didn’t dry on  line now draped over radiators.  It goes off at 7:30 and then logburner.  

Posted

I’ve turned the heating on briefly just to take the chill off the room. It’s not that cold, after the nice warm and sunny day,  but the evenings are now damp and cool. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoor: sunny and hot. Indoor: heating and fire on full, above 30 degrees
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoor: sunny and hot. Indoor: heating and fire on full, above 30 degrees

Yes, heating is on full blast 24/7 all year round (thermostat set to 35 degrees). I hate being in a room that's even slightly chilly. It only clicks off when the room temperature reaches 35. I have the thermostat upstairs in the bedroom as I have the log burner on most of the time too in the front room so if I put the thermostat in there the heating would never come on! Temperature in the front room is currently a lovely toasty 42 degrees celcius and it's so nice!!

Posted

Living in a old draughty farmhouse with upstairs hall temperature of an average 6c in winter.Only heat two rooms one with rayburn and one with old open fire Can only stand a maximum of 20c. Hate a warm bedroom but have max tog duvets /electric blanket. Bedrooms same as upstairs hall in winter  6c Only 25% double glazing and no proper central heating.Have lots of wool jerseys though . No wonder wool is worth nothing on the world market with such warm houses nowadays. Three foot thick walls but no insulation.

• Like 2

Posted
On 12/10/2021 at 11:22, leehewison said:

Yes, heating is on full blast 24/7 all year round (thermostat set to 35 degrees). I hate being in a room that's even slightly chilly. It only clicks off when the room temperature reaches 35. I have the thermostat upstairs in the bedroom as I have the log burner on most of the time too in the front room so if I put the thermostat in there the heating would never come on! Temperature in the front room is currently a lovely toasty 42 degrees celcius and it's so nice!!

Wow, you need to move to Phoenix in Arizona, you would feel at home there..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

I turned my boiler on yesterday morning when the internal temperature in the house fell below 16⁰C for the first time this autumn. The unusually hot summer had heated the 80cm thick cottage walls sufficiently to retain heat for longer than normal. However, the boiler is set to miser rate and only two radiators are on. House now at 18.1⁰C, which is plenty in my book but apparently up for discussion elsewhere...

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'm thinking about it. When I'm cold even with a blanket is normally my turning point. Nearly there.

Posted

Had thought I'd hold off until November, but it came on at the weekend, mainly because it's been so wet and dank - and max temps 14-16 degrees and rain do not warm up the flat enough - its in a large victorian house, and I am west facing with big windows and therefore exposed to the wind and rain!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

I still haven't caved in yet and put the heating on, October thankfully has been mild but at some point in November It'll be too cold. So far the lowest temp I've seen in my house is 17.0C so it has been fine so far.

Posted

Have been lighting the log burner on occasions, only buring off-cuts, not touched the hard wood logs yet for the real heat