Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet?

stewfox

Posted

I already put it on during the late August Bank holiday, when daytime maxes struggled to hit 16-17c with a chilly wind and cloud.

So far, September has been warm enough to avoid that. It's definitely going on in a week or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Put mines on for a bit earlier, 16c but the wind giving a chill coming in from North East

Posted

Nope not yet.

Have got a log burner in the lounge and I’m itching to light it up for the first time this autumn but the thermostat is not going below 21c inside yet. Il wait till at-least 18c, also got a new boiler installed as my 30 year old boiler cost us a fortune last year in gas bills, so equally looking forward to testing that out. Sad ey!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
15 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

Nope not yet.

Have got a log burner in the lounge and I’m itching to light it up for the first time this autumn but the thermostat is not going below 21c inside yet. Il wait till at-least 18c, also got a new boiler installed as my 30 year old boiler cost us a fortune last year in gas bills, so equally looking forward to testing that out. Sad ey!

I remember how excited I was when we first got our boiler in late 2010. I never once lived in a home with central heating before that, so how do you think I felt?  

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine

Heating? Good god no. It hasn't been cold yet!

• Like 4

On 23/09/2021 at 14:54, Premier Neige said:

Heating? Good god no. It hasn't been cold yet!

Exactly, hasn't felt cold at all since April\May, one of the most consistently humid June to September periods in living memory. 

Should be a have you turned your air con off yet thread instead.

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
12 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Exactly, hasn't felt cold at all since April\May, one of the most consistently humid June to September periods in living memory. 

Should be a have you turned your air con off yet thread instead.

Still got my shorts on and don't plan to put the trousers on yet. Probably be well into October maybe November. I'm not in control of the thermostat though, the missus is, unfortunately this house often resembles a sauna during the colder months  Unless we have a proper cold spell I'd happily leave it off most of the winter and just wear an extra layer but not in my hands.

• Like 1

Posted

Had it on during those chilly late August days when it failed to top 17c, but nothing since then, due to the lovely warm September.

I have a feeling I will need to turn it back on come Wednesday, as daytime maxes will be back down to 15-16c. 

Not one to wait until its 10c to turn on the heating or wear shorts until November. It's never warm enough.

Stopped wearing shorts a few weeks ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, preferably thunderstorms, cold and bad weather.
On 11/09/2021 at 16:39, DogToffee said:

23° in the living room right now - long way from getting the heating on; I'd expect maybe six weeks minimum unless there's an early chill. The windows are unlikely to be shut for a while yet!

Well, pushing three weeks on and I'm at the point of closing the window over my desk. Still in bare feet, but socks and warm slipper boots are very tempting right now.

Posted

No heating here yet. I want to though as we have laundry inside now that isn't drying quick enough for my liking!! Trying to hang on til 1st October at least! I'm still of the mantra of stick an extra layer on right now!!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heating Oil ordered, Just had the electric heater on in the living room some evenings so far 

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I try to get to near Halloween before turning the heating on if I can. Or mid October at least. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

The heating clicked on this morning for the first time in a long time... But it soon knocked off

I have lit the fire this afternoon though and more smokeless coal ordered; we've plenty of wood for now ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Have put and extra layer on for today, however, will be filling the log basket in the lounge ready for the light up.  I’m sure it will be needed pretty soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

No heating but summer quilt will be going this weekend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!

I cracked today, but only because I've had chills and fever from my second covid jab.  Otherwise, we're just using the log burners in the front and back rooms in the evenings.  

• Like 2

Posted

It’s on this morning, just to take the chill off the flat, as I don’t want it to become damp. We’ve had mould issues before, as the building is poorly insulated.

Will be closing the window at night now, as the temp starts to drop. It feels very cold when I get up now. 

Getting up in the cold and dark is the most depressing combination. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

electric blanket going on the bed tonight - it was absolutely frigid in my room when I got up this morning.

Go for it.

Its definitely cool enough now for the heating. I don’t think I’ve ever made it through September without putting the heating on for short periods.

The evenings and mornings are cold.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Started using my electric blanket again. So lovely and cosy.

• Like 1

Posted

Currently 17°c in my house, which isn't too bad seeing as I am wearing extra clothing. No heating on at the moment. Trying to save the majority of it for November onwards.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91