Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Ground and Air Frost Watch Season 2021-22

Posted

This thread hasn't seen much action so far this season.. a few places may well record their first ground frost Wednesday night / thursday morning at least. We are forecast a minimum of 2 degrees. I'm hoping we can nudge down to 0 degrees to record our first air frost of the season. In an average year we would have normally seen one by now. The last 2 weeks have brought very mild minima, will be nice to just record a few cold nights in low single digits.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

This thread hasn't seen much action so far this season.. a few places may well record their first ground frost Wednesday night / thursday morning at least. We are forecast a minimum of 2 degrees. I'm hoping we can nudge down to 0 degrees to record our first air frost of the season. In an average year we would have normally seen one by now. The last 2 weeks have brought very mild minima, will be nice to just record a few cold nights in low single digits.

This week is looking much better for some more widespread frosts. Still yet to record a ground frost here at home!

Even the deep frost hollows around here have only seen a handful of air frosts so far.

Posted

First frosts across a good swathe of the south last night. Benson -1.8, Shobdon -1.1, even my local station of Northolt recorded 0.1. A lovely nip in the air this morning and blue sky to boot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

1c here in shoreham this morning.

Posted

Good to see a number of places recorded either there first ground or air frost. Coldest temps appeared to be in southern central England, probably sheltered most from the north west wind and consequently held the clearest skies for longest. Same conditions expected tonight.

No frost here, and tonight looks a bit too cloudy again. However, tomorrow night and more especially Thursday, we should see longer clearer periods with the ridge toppling in.

Bonfire Night looks generally cloudy and milder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

I had frost on 22/10 here.  Frost again this morning.  The nights are cold, I’m up for work 0400 on my part time job.

BFTP

Posted

Had a slight frost on Wednesday morning, just on some roofs, where there was obviously no loft insulation. Had a proper frost on Thursday morning, had to scrape the car. Certainly a bit late this year.

Posted

Ground frost this evening.. temp set to climb here on in as cloud moves in. Tomorrow set to be overcast and quite dismal with milder air back in residence. Typical November weather, the most uninspiring month of the year perhaps?

Posted

Many places appear to have recorded their first air frost this morning. Not sure if we went below 0 degrees suspect not so as cloud rolled in. Not far off though.

The recent chilly sunny spell has done wonders to Autumn colours.. late show this year but at their best now. Thankfully we haven't had many stormy winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I had to scrape the windscreen with my credit card at 5:45 this morning lol,...not for the first time,...goes out to buy an ice scraper

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Hooray finally the first air frost of the season! -1.8C lastnight.

• 2 weeks later...