Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Looks like a heavy shower developed around Talacre

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
On 21/08/2021 at 19:03, Chris.R said:

Looks like a heavy shower developed around Talacre

Been watching that, for some reason she won't wake up, still time though.

I'm across the sea from you in Dublin, I was surprised I got some action today, the converging winds actually made things happen here. I checked models last night and I thought most the action would happen in central Ireland and southeast of Ireland, I was concerned about the cloud cover before noon today but as temperatures where rather high under the cloud that meant temps would rise rapidly as soon as the sun broke through and along with winds converging everything fell into place.

What I was picking up in the southeast of Ireland is happening now, the showers are more heavy than what I had in Dublin, the thunderstorms are actually on track with models.

I'm closely watching an area to my southwest, fingers crossed.

Edit:even Northern Ireland has surprised me.

Edited by Raindrops
  • Like 3

Posted

Heavy flooding in South Dublin

SEVERE FLOODING HAS hit areas of South Dublin as a Status Yellow thunderstorm warning is in effect for more than half of the country.

After bursts of heavy rain, gardaí issued a traffic alert for Roebuck Road in Dublin 14, which is “impassable” due to flooding.

“Roebuck Rd, Dublin 14 has been made impassable due to severe flooding in the area,” gardaí said.

“Please take caution if you are driving in this area. Local diversions are in place”

The Dundrum Town shopping centre is partly flooding on its ground floor and outside area.

“We are currently experiencing isolated flooding in the Pembroke District and Level 1 Mall areas due to the sudden heavy downpour,” the centre wrote on Twitter.

Edited by Raindrops
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Day 2 Convective Outlook

VALID 06:00 UTC Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 05:59 UTC Mon 23 Aug 2021

ISSUED 18:47 UTC Sat 21 Aug 2021

ISSUED BY: Chris

An area of low pressure and associated trough will exit Britain to the southeast at first with an upper ridge building from the west and this will limit convective potential across Britain and Ireland on Sunday. However, slack flow, humid air and surface convergence will still lead to a scattering of showers, primary through central parts of Britain during the afternoon. CAPE values may reach 200-300 J/kg and providing some limited instability, however warming mid-level profiles will provide capping and limit updraft depth. While scattered showers are quite likely through the LOW risk area, the overall risk of lightning is deemed quite low. 

http://convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2021-08-22

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Shower is approaching Crosby. Let’s see if it can electrify when it hits land although it’s trip across Liverpool bay will probably have killed it.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
On 21/08/2021 at 20:17, Zak M said:

Apologies for the poor quality but I genuinely think this is one of the most bizarre clouds I’ve ever seen. It looked like some weird scud underneath a towering cumulus to me but I’d love to hear other thoughts.

AB8377E6-0C9E-474D-8D3B-45BA7671D3E6.thumb.png.682103a965fb1996989f4aa02f9057c4.png

Cheers mate that looks awesome,...do you have a clip of it,was there any rotation? 

• Like 1

Posted
On 21/08/2021 at 20:17, Zak M said:

Apologies for the poor quality but I genuinely think this is one of the most bizarre clouds I’ve ever seen. It looked like some weird scud underneath a towering cumulus to me but I’d love to hear other thoughts.

AB8377E6-0C9E-474D-8D3B-45BA7671D3E6.thumb.png.682103a965fb1996989f4aa02f9057c4.png

That is one hell of a wallcloud. I've never seen one so perfect.

Did you get a video?

Edited by Raindrops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
19 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Cheers mate that looks awesome,...do you have a clip of it,was there any rotation? 

17 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

That is one hell of a wallcloud. I've never seen one so perfect.

Did you get a video?

Hard to tell if it was rotating but there was definitely some rising motion. I have some clips of it on my bridge camera that I will have a look through soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 21/08/2021 at 20:44, Zak M said:

Hard to tell if it was rotating but there was definitely some rising motion. I have some clips of it on my bridge camera that I will have a look through soon.

Oh I don't need to know about rotation, I just know that that is a beautiful wallcloud, one I didn't expect to see.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

The cell out to our West may become visible shortly.....looking for distant flashes

• Like 1

Posted

A few flashes and rumbles observed in the Bridgnorth direction

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Flash of lightening and rumble of thunder here 10 mins or so ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.
2 hours ago, Zak M said:

That's a brilliant shot Zak well done buddy,would have been potentially interesting if there was a stronger structure to the main part of the cell that's for sure!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Flash and a rumble in Brum

• Like 3

Posted

Humm looks like some UK just woke up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
On 21/08/2021 at 23:38, Raindrops said:

Humm looks like some UK just woke up.

That's my thinking,there are cells popping up all over the place to my SW

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
On 21/08/2021 at 23:46, It's a Philcast said:

Looks like its picking up pace again in South Brum now...Screenshot_20210821-234401.thumb.png.507da12e416dbb574e8b4159630a8d4c.png

Yep. We've had loads of thunder and lightning . Just had torrential rain

• Like 1