Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
1 minute ago, VillagePlank said:

A car went passed here. Wasn't that noisy, to be honest ....

did u know that there is many locations in Kent, not just Rochester?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
5 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

Holy SH*TI JUST HAD THE LOUADEST THING I'VE HEARD, MY SCREEN FLASHED FROM IT AND IT SOUNDED AS IF A FUEL TANKER EXPLODED IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE 

Posi strike by the sound of it. Last heard one of them in Alcudia, Majorca. 5 sonic booms in a row one after the other! It was just when I thought it was all over too. Think they often occur during the decaying stage of a storm. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
2 minutes ago, k66yla said:

I heard that aswell. Didn’t see any lightning but I wasn’t looking. It came up on Blitzortung as a strike near Tenterden.

No way was it near Tenterden though, I was looking towards Ashford when I saw the lightning.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Eagle Eye said:

No way was it near Tenterden though, I was looking towards Ashford when I saw the lightning.

I’ve just had another look at it and it hit out towards your way.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

yeah definitely close to where I live, Tenterden isn't that far away but if it was at Tenterden I think the people there would either die from fright or go deaf if it was that loud where I am

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, k66yla said:

I’ve just had another look at it and it hit out towards your way.

Yeah, near Shadoxhurst so definitly within my viewing range and close enough to Ashford for @Atmogenicto hear it that loud.

image.thumb.png.b9dec93f13120ce4e9fe5191601b703c.png

Posted
7 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Posi strike by the sound of it. Last heard one of them in Alcudia, Majorca. 5 sonic booms in a row one after the other! It was just when I thought it was all over too. Think they often occur during the decaying stage of a storm. 

Certainly a possibility on meteoglix, one detected near the area where Blitzortung detected it, was a 14ka strong slammer according to Meteoglix, so I suspect that was it.

image.thumb.png.ebbe595b76d8013f7cca1ec4ee3673c1.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
17 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

Holy SH*TI JUST HAD THE LOUADEST THING I'VE HEARD, MY SCREEN FLASHED FROM IT AND IT SOUNDED AS IF A FUEL TANKER EXPLODED IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE 

Hope you and all including tech ok mate. Must have known you were a storm nut. Happened to me a few years ago. The enormity of the sound takes your breath away.... nothing like that here but a good day for rumbles and now....steady rain..

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Nothing here all day, just some moderate rain. Disappointing to say the least but not unexpected. 

Posted

It has been a painfully underwhelming year for storms in MK so far this year and it looks like the one to the east at the moment could miss us, surprise surprise. That said, can't rule it out getting bigger as it moves...Cautiously optimistic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

While unlikely, if the Chelmsford storm can hold together it’ll come very close to here…outside chance it will however 

• Like 1

Posted

The sky over slough/Maidenhead is really intense right now with an 90% chance of Tstorms. Sun is also out behind me, so should offer some last minute fuel this evening. 

Edit: now 100% chance

D963EDF6-41EE-4ACC-AEC1-6EA57DBB9CFA.jpeg

Edited by Superstormuk
  • Like 5

Posted
10 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Hope you and all including tech ok mate. Must have known you were a storm nut. Happened to me a few years ago. The enormity of the sound takes your breath away.... nothing like that here but a good day for rumbles and now....steady rain..

thanks, I am really glad it's ok, I may love weather a lot but only so much can come from a couple of seconds of loud thunder compared to a fried pc 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Pursuer of Storms said:

It has been a painfully underwhelming year for storms in MK so far this year and it looks like the one to the east at the moment could miss us, surprise surprise. That said, can't rule it out getting bigger as it moves...Cautiously optimistic.

yea anywhere north of the M4 have had a terrible summer so far for storms, pretty much nothing at all except some places in Lincolnshire.....however south of the country continue to get absolute beasts on pretty much a daily basis now, its incredible really

• Like 2

Posted

Think I know where I want to be right now, still, best three days in a long time, possibly a couple years for storms here.

image.thumb.png.fa146dc2fbde1f1f2599e562543d2704.png

Posted
1 minute ago, Azuremoon2 said:

yea anywhere north of the M4 have had a terrible summer so far for storms, pretty much nothing at all except some places in Lincolnshire.....however south of the country continue to get absolute beasts on pretty much a daily basis now, its incredible really

I've somehow managed to miss about 10 of these beasts and only got three or so of them here, not the best place to be in Kent but also not the worst.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
2 hours ago, Supacell said:

Yes, I reckon I will see what you see shortly after you do

Did you get any good footage Supacell? The main thrust of activity was always to the east of me however so close you could almost 'smell' the cigar. Running down into London and causing the flooding problems being reported. I noticed that individual cells although intense didnt last that long although if in the right (or wrong place whichever way you look at it) you would have received one after another which has been the problem for the flooded areas I think. Stay safe mate....

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Eagle Eye said:

I've somehow managed to miss about 10 of these beasts and only got three or so of them here, not the best place to be in Kent but also not the worst.

at least you getting something, we havn't had a raindrop for 3 weeks now lol and barely a cloud

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Azuremoon2 said:

at least you getting something, we havn't had a raindrop for 3 weeks now lol and barely a cloud

Ah, welcome to what happened in Spring for me exept one or two days and it was just drizzle, plus last year I missed most of the storms down south as well.

Posted
1 minute ago, Eagle Eye said:

Ah, welcome to what happened in Spring for me exept one or two days and it was just drizzle, plus last year I missed most of the storms down south as well.

yea i guess its luck of the draw eh, im glad theres a been a bit more action down your way

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
58 minutes ago, Harry said:

While unlikely, if the Chelmsford storm can hold together it’ll come very close to here…outside chance it will however 

Hello Harry- What Cherlmsford storm? I live 2 miles from the City centre and so far we have had just a few spots of rain. It is very dark and all my solar lights have come on in the garden but no thunder or lightning.

About 3 o'clock it was very dark to the north and west of us and there was occassional rumples of thunder in the distance but so far that is it. My weather App says 80% chance of rain but I am not over-confident we will have much rain let alone a storm.

Kind Regards

Dave

Edited by claret047
typos