Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted

Some nice towering cumulus clouds have now developed here. Although I am not expecting anything at least they are interesting to look at.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
19 minutes ago, karyo said:

Some nice towering cumulus clouds have now developed here. Although I am not expecting anything at least they are interesting to look at.

WWW.COCKNEYRHYMINGSLANG.CO.UK

Use our handy Cockney translator to find out how speak with Cockneys next time you're in London town.
Thought this would come in handy for the ache and pain if it happens.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

23.1°C here and getting good insolation.

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
8 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

23.1°C here and getting good insolation.

Same here (Norfolk). Clouds lacking at the moment but pretty sure they will come back with a vengeance.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Went to Lords at the right day, looked like it was chucking it down on radar at home, did look like it might rain at points though, even Denly face showed that was worried about it raining lol, considering it was spitting around but never really got going. 

Anyway, I'm not going to be on today either unless something happens so I was everyone luck. 

IMG_20210803_202707.thumb.jpg.72a3874c713140a426e1a4485da2359a.jpgIMG_20210803_174704.thumb.jpg.910e84d4fa28b853a6b31ca8a86a44db.jpg

IMG_20210803_165224.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: NLCs and Thunderstorms

The rain just arrived in York, clearing away these tables. I see there's a few persistent Brits under umbrellas!

image.thumb.png.bbc550ad117755f1e31df2abc8a17bf7.png image.thumb.png.ff54bcc3dd1207afb4b42dfaa9c0a34c.png 

• Like 1

Heavy downpour now here. Fingers crossed for a rumble to add to the thunder days.

Potential rotation as it approached, too. Just checking footage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sea breeze has arrived here i’m just on the convergence zone Cloud is building.

Posted
On 04/08/2021 at 14:26, Farmer Dave said:

I have an annoying blob of heavy rain stuck overhead just now and I'm soaked to the skin. I wouldn't mind so much if there was thunder and lightning too!

Yep I'm at iwade ,and after all the broiling and bubbling ,light shower that's our lot I guess 

Posted

A shower developing up wind of me.

• Like 1

Posted

It’s suddenly all kicked off to my east. Gone from nothing to 3–5 strikes a minute on the radio. Too far away to hear though and wrong direction for me.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Thunder now

it's come out of nowhere this one. radar didn't show anything an hour ago. 

be interesting to see how long it lasts.. seems to have electrified pretty intensley over culcheth

• Like 1

Posted

It’s really exploded now. Lightning every 5–10 secs. Slowly creeping developing Westwood.

• Like 2

Posted

It was definitely from the sea breeze convergence zone. Didn’t expect so much lightning though. Thought there wasn’t so much CAPE

• Like 1

Posted

well as much as i love a good storm, im hoping the forecast is wrong and we have a dry weekend of weather so we can enjoy drinking the wet stuff at Holbeach beerfest.

Posted

Still going. Some more strikes further south east. Nothing far enough West for me though.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

It was definitely from the sea breeze convergence zone. Didn’t expect so much lightning though. Thought there wasn’t so much CAPE

@BrickFielder post earlier about sums it up.  Black skies out NW of me, some fragmented scud dancing about, too far away to see if it's rotating.  Might catch some action as it continues east, then again I maybe too far south.  

• Like 2

Posted

Well in @BrickFielder

• Like 1