Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted

This cell has grown so much! Lightning picked up on the radar as well

Edit: Looks like the main rain is going to be a few miles South...

image.thumb.png.b15ef5527f56a8db011827b055172f8e.png

rain.png

Edited by TJS1998Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: stormy please.

Just started rumbling in the distance here in Hinckley

Posted

And there's the lightning! Surprised lightning is only being shown on the Lincoln cells and not the heavier cells down South

Edit: Nvm spoke too soon

Edited by TJS1998Tom
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
2 hours ago, Steel City Skies said:

Pecos Hank is fantastic ⚡

The blokes a treasure, and a great asset to the storm chasing community around the world! An expert on and off the Great Plains and roads. 

I’m slap bang under the centre of the low now, and there’s 0 wind at all! Just watching grey cumulus and CB’s stationarily build over me! Hoping we get some rumbles as the pull away sets in. 

• Like 2

Posted

how many more thunder days are Lincolnshire going to have this summer? its incredible, my mate lives in Lincoln and he says there have been over 20 seperate days where he has heard thunder. By comparison we have had 2 rumbles all year and this was from the same distant storm on Wednesday morning. That was the day where 19 different cells passed us within 20 miles radius but we didnt get even remotely close to anything ourselves.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

how many more thunder days are Lincolnshire going to have this summer? its incredible, my mate lives in Lincoln and he says there have been over 20 seperate days where he has heard thunder. By comparison we have had 2 rumbles all year and this was from the same distant storm on Wednesday morning. That was the day where 19 different cells passed us within 20 miles radius but we didnt get even remotely close to anything ourselves.

We've had quite a few in the past week, normally Lincoln tends to avoid the storms. Would be great to see a night storm this Summer but there's only a month or so left for a chance with decent storms. Doesn't look like this Summer will get imports but been good for home growns

Posted
5 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

We've had quite a few in the past week, normally Lincoln tends to avoid the storms. Would be great to see a night storm this Summer but there's only a month or so left for a chance with decent storms. Doesn't look like this Summer will get imports but been good for home growns

yea some areas have had day after day of storms this summer, mainly Lincolnshire, London and Essex

others like Cheshire, Norfolk, South Wales and Cornwall have had absolutely nothing at all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
On 30/07/2021 at 16:56, Azuremoon2 said:

He might be exaggerating a bit, I moved to Lincoln on 9 April and I've heard thunder on 13 days so far, 7 of which have occurred in July.  But your overall point still stands, I seem to have really struck lucky moving here this year.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

yea some areas have had day after day of storms this summer, mainly Lincolnshire, London and Essex

others like Cheshire, Norfolk, South Wales and Cornwall have had absolutely nothing at all.

I imagine late August and early September will be the next best chances

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
24 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

You should come here, we only get storms in the middle of the night IF they do occur. Haven't had a daytime storm in many years. It's a shame as I'm always asleep during them.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
19 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

Also cheshire and Norfolk have had storms. Just not directly over your place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
On 30/07/2021 at 14:32, Steel City Skies said:

Pecos Hank is fantastic ⚡

Love watching, always calm and mostly makes the right choices as a storm chaser, I think most chaser's would live to go on a chase with him. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

nothing thundery here but I love it when the sun comes out as it really brightens the day, also pretty windy but i've had worse

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
On 30/07/2021 at 17:28, Freeze said:

Also cheshire and Norfolk have had storms. Just not directly over your place.

I remember Norwich had a big one just two days ago, though it was quite a narrow band extending from WSW-ENE through Norwich.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm still perplexed as to why naming as storm makes it any worse than not naming a storm. Of course the MetO are covering their @@rse against any possible claims of not being informed, but really apart from folks in tents AND some folks in Cornwall did this REALLY warrant naming? Seems to me every little hiccup these days means the MetO cover their butt and name some a storm, considering neither Ireland or France got their first I bet their happen with their coverage. We had 4mm of rain and 24mph winds, a storm really..I've seen a lot worse in Autumn than that.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Aggressive little dip on my barograph as the low passed over earlier today!

IMG_2367.thumb.jpg.71d8db8df6b7cf78a5f25747d3f409b3.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, dr weather said:

Aggressive little dip on my barograph as the low passed over earlier today!

IMG_2367.thumb.jpg.71d8db8df6b7cf78a5f25747d3f409b3.jpg

Nice dip, down here on the coast much less pronounced, of course the wind speeds were a lot less too

image.thumb.png.cf7ec35e61ae264816bc79cb2e3d581e.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Some top drawer architecture from the weather today. 

IMG_20210730_202756.jpg

IMG_20210730_201713.jpg

IMG_20210730_201524.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells
4 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

Love watching, always calm and mostly makes the right choices as a storm chaser, I think most chaser's would live to go on a chase with him. 

Pecos Hank is a lovely bloke, met him a couple of times and actually stood with him and photographed a storm.
I speak to him on FB.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.b7271217867acfea9da9fdbfa9a8ec98.png

CW Forecast

Day 1 Convective Outlook

VALID 06:00 UTC Sat 31 Jul 2021 - 05:59 UTC Sun 01 Aug 2021

ISSUED 07:33 UTC Sat 31 Jul 2021

ISSUED BY: Chris

A broad upper trough will linger across Britain leading to a scattering of showers, a few perhaps heavy with a rumble of thunder into the afternoon. 

The area with the largest chance for lightning appears to be a zone across London, Essex and Kent during Saturday due to a combination of around 300-500 J/kg of CAPE and weak surface convergence aided by a little terrain induced lift. There is very little shear in this set-up and profiles aloft are rather warm, so convection may be limited, and in most cases too weak to produce lightning. 

Elsewhere the risk of lightning will be low, however convection/showers will likely develop across southern and eastern parts of England as well as in a zone from north Wales southeastwards down through the Midlands and into SE England. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Yet again tornadoes were reported in Peterborough yesterday.

T0FLMTMyNDkyNzcw.jpg?width=2048&enable=u
WWW.PETERBOROUGHTODAY.CO.UK

‘Tornadoes’ have been spotted in the skies in Peterborough as the city is set to be hit by thunderstorms.

Since 2007 that is now the 4th tornado reported directly over Peterborough.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive
11 hours ago, Storm_Sikher said:

Pecos Hank is a lovely bloke, met him a couple of times and actually stood with him and photographed a storm.
I speak to him on FB.

Glad you could meet him. I love his videos, his laid back approach and his wonderful music (as you know he composes it himself!).  And his fascination with the wildlife is a bonus. Great guy.

Tip him a nod from a fan when you next chat to him!  

• Like 4