Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
10 minutes ago, UnderTheAnvil said:

just been swallowed by the whales mouth, the thunder has gone from low and booming to crackly

It’s awesome!

C1FB1C6D-3A3B-4471-AEE3-5E856DAD8670.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Okay well my reverse psychology worked. A cell has just electrified across the river developing fast heading towards me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

That one angry storm dropping cg and ic,whales mouth and rotating.i think she gonna drop a funnel/nado somewhere but i not see.this storm put me on edge.

Posted

Just thought we were having a heavy shower pass through, but then a flash and almighty bang rumble of thunder! More of a direct hit this time

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: stormy please.

These storms are not like many I've seen in the summer. They are big, angry beasts with loads of ic and a few cg strikes. Constant thunder. Almost like a more electrified autumn rain event. Very weird but loving it! Had three pass over Hinckley so far today.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ruck Bodgers said:

Just thought we were having a heavy shower pass through, but then a flash and almighty bang rumble of thunder! More of a direct hit this time

one or two decent rumbles here but do you reckon these storms will last til after dark?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well that's two fantastic storms that have come over now, and looking at the rain radar, more keeps on building. second storm chucked a lot of hail out, all the lightning seems intra cloud and not overly loud. Still very good though.

• Like 2

Posted

Couple of storms close/over me this afternoon, first soon after 1300, quite near L to ground, fairly heavy rain; second around/after 1500 both sides but not overhead bu heavy rain (Mx=108.6 mm p hr @1444), only total 8.8 mm so far but saves having to water the garden!

• Like 2

Posted

Ended up heading East towards Ollerton and seeing some weird rainbow thing, didn't fancy going further with the rush hour traffic so span it back towards home and got into another heavy downpour on the way, an afternoon well spent. 

IMG_20210728_164206.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Just had the 3rd storm of the afternoon here. And I finished work at midday today...

What a belter of a day its been!

• Like 2

Posted

are these storms likely to last until after dark, would be nice to see some nighttime lightning even we havent had hardly anything today except 3 distant rumbles lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

This cell had no lightning for awhile whilst it was crossing the river but has now electrified again as it passed overhead. Nice little storm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, Gonzolio Martinez said:

I'm praying the storms in the Peterborough/Cambridge area head this way.

It's gonna be close - or they'll die long before reaching here.

Two rounds of biblical drizzle in Blofield, the lack of thunder and lightning was genuinely terrifying.

• Like 4

Posted

Lightning every 30 seconds as it rumbles off to the east. Had quite a large hail core in it as well but didn’t last long.

• Like 2

Posted

That was the best storm of 2021 so far! Amazing lightning. Moving off to Lincoln now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

Bored desperate lightning freak and mini lightning freak with no transport in East Sussex dying to go storm chasing! happy to jump on a train (as long as it’s not too far!)  and contribute to petrol

Posted
1 minute ago, cbish8 said:

That was the best storm of 2021 so far! Amazing lightning. Moving off to Lincoln now

was a belter but i have to give it to the storm before our euro match, that was throwing so many forks of lightning in our direction it was unbelievable. either that or the 11th of May storm where it hit us directly and moved off northeast while throwing out all sorts of anvil crawlers and CC lightning in the distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
7 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Two rounds of biblical drizzle in Blofield, the lack of thunder and lightning was genuinely terrifying.

Keeping an eye on the cells near Peterborough and Huntingdon. Seem to be sustaining themselves pretty well. 

Posted
Just now, UnderTheAnvil said:

was a belter but i have to give it to the storm before our euro match, that was throwing so many forks of lightning in our direction it was unbelievable. either that or the 11th of May storm where it hit us directly and moved off northeast while throwing out all sorts of anvil crawlers and CC lightning in the distance.

Yes but the euro storm cut off the TV, so I missed the first goal. The 11th May storm was great but today’s was a bit better in my opinion

• Like 1