Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
8 minutes ago, TN9 said:

lol,i dont know what ways are where here ,summed up sea to my south ,anywhere else must be north ,then village ,little towns ,i might as well be in north somerset ,but with that,the sea is to north ,not south ,its a 'Battle' to work out lol,and its the only view i had really tbh :-}

Nicely punned! At least galley hill has a 360 sky view, but it’s a 10min run back to get indoors when it belts it down. Do you think we’re going to get a ticking off for being off topic?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
49 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

even on a day where 90% of the country are seeing storms somehow, SOMEHOW, we STILL avoid them. we must literally be the unluckiest town in the country. We have had 14 storm warnings this summer for my area, not one of them produced a storm.... however there have been loads that miss us 20 miles to the north, 20 miles to the east, 20 miles to the south, 20 miles to the west....but never where we are. 

you literally cannot make it up.

Not much better around Norwich and mid Norfolk. Nothing but some outbreaks of drizzly rain. A diabolically bad summer.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2021 at 19:30, Allseasons-si said:

I am keeping an eye on that mate as it's riding a CZ and back building.

Me too! Should be getting quite close by sunset so could be an interesting start to the night if it holds together. IIRC today's cells weren't expected to quickly die off after dark so fingers crossed  

Posted
45 minutes ago, aaliyah said:

literally know what you mean the same has happened with stoke

well yea Stoke is 10 mins from us lol

Posted
29 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Your time will come again mate. Last year was your year! Cheshire had some amazing multi-cells and even a MCS last June and August. 

very true....i remember having the MCS overnight on August 12...it was incredible. 

This year we would lucky to get a rumble lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe
5 hours ago, Panayiotis said:

Sorry it’s not on YouTube but here’s a photo of it. It was seen at 5:30am this morning

9B896525-6C64-4EAD-BF0D-A180238CB3A6.jpeg

Thanks. One hell of a catch, to get it that early! Spotter's instinct!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Another photogenic cell developing over S Wales

IMG_2361.thumb.jpg.e2398f1d3aa88d7bc6e8dfff042a201a.jpg

• Like 6

On 27/07/2021 at 20:03, Alderc said:

Anyone think the Amber warning for Scotland was unwarranted?

Think it's far too premature to be stating that. Their storms have been more electrically active and have trained over the same locations/backbuilt. Still some very intense cells west of Dundee.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Think it's far too premature to be stating that. Their storms have been more electrically active and have trained over the same locations/backbuilt. Still some very intense cells west of Dundee.

Also the lack of rain this summer, it has been a dry summer up there. Scotland hasn't even recorded, in terms of rainfall, what they typically get in a June and it is nearly the end of July.   I imagine the ground  could be pretty hard, so flash flooding could  be a danger.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
33 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

very true....i remember having the MCS overnight on August 12...it was incredible. 

This year we would lucky to get a rumble lol

You need a warm, humid South East flow up there. Last year could not have been any better for it! Any influence off the Irish Sea kills most activity up that way. Similar to the North Sea out this way! 

Posted
33 minutes ago, Electricmumma said:

Nicely punned! At least galley hill has a 360 sky view, but it’s a 10min run back to get indoors when it belts it down. Do you think we’re going to get a ticking off for being off topic?

no i dont thinks so.. a ticking off,'not on the face of it,second hand knowledge is always clocked lol,and on topic ,for what ive seen today and last night is typical south coast weather (except the cracking storms further west last 24hrs )as in it was overcast ,then in night belted down, wind picked up from usually brisk to gale force,woke to leaden skies rain a bit more ,sun came out ,not a whisp over the sea and couldnt make out what was happening inland ,but then im on holiday ,so fine with me

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Something rolling into Macclesfield at the moment? Looks pretty but no lightning.

Mike.

20210727_210314.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
29 minutes ago, TN9 said:

no i dont thinks so.. a ticking off,'not on the face of it,second hand knowledge is always clocked lol,and on topic ,for what ive seen today and last night is typical south coast weather (except the cracking storms further west last 24hrs )as in it was overcast ,then in night belted down, wind picked up from usually brisk to gale force,woke to leaden skies rain a bit more ,sun came out ,not a whisp over the sea and couldnt make out what was happening inland ,but then im on holiday ,so fine with me

Hope you’re enjoying your holiday, plenty of ice cream I hope?! (I recommend the lifeboat in hastings for the best fish and chips)  hope the weather holds for you but I also hope it chucks a decent storm our way soon, it’s been a tad depressing watching the % chance constantly dropping

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Nice view of an anvil to my NW here, radar would suggest it’s up towards Cambridge/St Neots sort of area, despite looking closer

83B0536C-666E-479B-B865-FB4543487544.jpeg

Posted
8 minutes ago, mikeofmacc said:

Something rolling into Macclesfield at the moment? Looks pretty but no lightning.

Mike.

20210727_210314.jpg

Webcam shot of the mass to our west over cheshire.

Screenshot_2021-07-27-21-00-12.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Some more funnel clouds today...

• Like 6

Posted

just in...

• Thanks 2

Posted
On 27/07/2021 at 22:01, TJS1998Tom said:

Looking interesting for Lincolnshire  

Not just Lincolnshire but the vast majority of central England, the white dashed lines are the 10% risk of tornadoes and the black line is for hail up to 3cm in diameter,...another interesting day coming up and Friday is shaping up with interest,...watch this space.