Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Rotation from Dublin Airport earlier. Not sure if that'd be regarded as a funnel or not, would need a wider view.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Strikes SE of Wigan.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Only three storms here today. So, I think I'll write a letter to the United Nations; there ain't no cure for the summertime blues!

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Monsoon rain passing through Deeping St. James, accompanied with close lightning and gusty winds. The rain went from 0 - 100 in an instant, never seen anything like it. 

We are pinchbeck and had nothing

Posted

even on a day where 90% of the country are seeing storms somehow, SOMEHOW, we STILL avoid them. we must literally be the unluckiest town in the country. We have had 14 storm warnings this summer for my area, not one of them produced a storm.... however there have been loads that miss us 20 miles to the north, 20 miles to the east, 20 miles to the south, 20 miles to the west....but never where we are. 

you literally cannot make it up.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

even on a day where 90% of the country are seeing storms somehow, SOMEHOW, we STILL avoid them. we must literally be the unluckiest town in the country. We have had 14 storm warnings this summer for my area, not one of them produced a storm.... however there have been loads that miss us 20 miles to the north, 20 miles to the east, 20 miles to the south, 20 miles to the west....but never where we are. 

literally know what you mean the same has happened with stoke

On 27/07/2021 at 18:55, Azuremoon2 said:

90% ?? Get a grip!

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/95471-summer-2021-moans-groans-ramps-and-banter/

Posted
2 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

lmao nottingham hasn’t gotten any storms today, usually a 30% warning does the trick haha, but there’s still time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
1 minute ago, UnderTheAnvil said:

lmao nottingham hasn’t gotten any storms today, usually a 30% warning does the trick haha, but there’s still time

Erm, yes we did this morning about 2-3am, absolutely shattered today because of it!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, cbish8 said:

Erm, yes we did this morning about 2-3am, absolutely shattered today because of it!

ssshhhhh it doesn’t count i slept through it

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Power is off here for past hour, Don't know if it's weather related.. But it's a good time to try my new camping stove out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
25 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

Your time will come again mate. Last year was your year! Cheshire had some amazing multi-cells and even a MCS last June and August. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, UnderTheAnvil said:

ssshhhhh it doesn’t count i slept through it

Fair enough
Nice to see someone else from Nottingham on here

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, cbish8 said:

Fair enough
Nice to see someone else from Nottingham on here

i’ve been lurking for a bit but i decided to make an account a bit ago after seeing a tornado spin up near ollerton, thought i’d finally make a post after my first storm chase 

Posted
39 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Cell developed to my WNW, heard thunder from it

Yep. Must be close to you now just scraping the top of Warrington. 

90FF2ED9-B711-4695-A535-1CE44FA32F50.jpeg

B6BEA7D3-0430-4C97-A3B2-49FBD8189E98.jpeg

05593B6E-3708-4E7B-93BB-78E5AD5F52D1.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
On 27/07/2021 at 19:24, Weather-history said:

Torrential rain odd crashes of thunder

I am keeping an eye on that mate as it's riding a CZ and back building.

Posted
On 26/07/2021 at 16:51, Electricmumma said:

Hah we must be doing something wrong! Have you been doing the storm dances correctly? Your view point looks much better than my dash up galley hill in the rain .. hey next time you head this way pick up the weather on route ⛈⚡

lol,i dont know what ways are where here ,summed up sea to my south ,anywhere else must be north ,then village ,little towns ,i might as well be in north somerset ,but with that,the sea is to north ,not south ,its a 'Battle' to work out lol,and its the only view i had really tbh :-}

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Think earlier storms have consumed all the energy around here for the meantime. Draining winds later on in the evening may spark something again, but for now, looking quiet here. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, UnderTheAnvil said:

i’ve been lurking for a bit but i decided to make an account a bit ago after seeing a tornado spin up near ollerton, thought i’d finally make a post after my first storm chase 

That’s cool, I remember seeing that funnel cloud over Kirkby-in-Ashfield a few years ago, that’s about the only storm chasing I’ve ever done round here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
On 27/07/2021 at 18:40, Jamie M said:

Rotation from Dublin Airport earlier. Not sure if that'd be regarded as a funnel or not, would need a wider view.

It would not surprise me if it was a funnel cloud, that part of the woods is known for funnel clouds. I make regular visits to Dublin Airport and have seen wall clouds and rotation at times.