Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted
23 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Interesting forecast. Some night time shows possible tonight. Tomorrow looks a bit quieter, but then Wednesday is the next one that could be quite eventful for many, with widespread storms during the day. 

I think if anything tomorrow looks better than Wednesday as there will be plenty of shower activity and light winds. By Wednesday the winds will be stronger so if a storm occurs it will move through very quickly.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I think pretty much anywhere could see something today apart from North Hampshire (the void).

Or Cheshire. No thunder at all this year so far, no rain for 3 weeks. And with a nationwide storm warning today we still find ourselves in the tiny section without one. It almost feels deliberate. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
10 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I think pretty much anywhere could see something today apart from North Hampshire (the void).

I can't go anywhere today because of isolating before my mum's operation so you can count my house out as well. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
14 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Ditto here

• Like 3

Posted

Storm motion looks to be mainly westerly today so I MIGHT get lucky if something fires in SW england or bristol sort of way but I'm not counting on it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

there's a lot of exceptions to this anywhere forecast isn't there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

Convective Weather Seem to be a little different in there forecast than others as they got a stretch from wales to the east coat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
2 hours ago, karyo said:

I think if anything tomorrow looks better than Wednesday as there will be plenty of shower activity and light winds. By Wednesday the winds will be stronger so if a storm occurs it will move through very quickly.

You’re right actually. Runs have certainly changed a bit and made tomorrow quite decent looking now. Wednesday could be decent as there looks to be a fair bit of windshear involved. 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

You’re right actually. Runs have certainly changed a bit and made tomorrow quite decent looking now. Wednesday could be decent as there looks to be a fair bit of windshear involved. 

Yes, it will be an interesting week for sure. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
12 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Tues has been looking reasonable for Norfolk for a few days tbh. However having been in a SVR area twice and got nothing, I can't say I'm very enrhused!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Screenshot_20210726-120143_Windy.thumb.jpg.f9cdbd610a1c39798013a1cc142b3079.jpgNice view of the cz running through Exeter on the Windy app:

Edited by Ceejay
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Looks like no man’s land for NW England today. I do notice that trough which comes pretty close in the evening and increases instability somewhat. Could be interesting if it gets a little closer than forecast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
On 26/07/2021 at 12:07, Chris.R said:

Looks like no man’s land for NW England today. I do notice that trough which comes pretty close in the evening and increases instability somewhat. Could be interesting if it gets a little closer than forecast.

Then you have this from Tony Gilbert on UKWW

Slight Risk of Isolated Thundery Showers 12z to 23z UK & Ireland

Sadly I can only give a brief heads up today due to lack of time;

Quasi stationary low sits just NE of Scotland. A number of isolated thundery showers expected to develop to day as per map. Highest risk of thunder, central Ireland.

Weak DLS and LLS. Fairly limited convergence with slightly elevated LCL suggests anything severe unlikely. Though GFS give the chance of CAPE to 500 j/kg and WRF much higher at 1000 j/kg. So in many ways we have a low shear / high instability outlook. 

Now all aside I have noted a zone where buoyancy will be quite exceptional; Devon through to Dorset this afternoon. Convection is likely to develop within exceptional 'Potential Instability'. Very dry air at mid level over moderate surface moisture could set the scene for stronger updrafts. An isolated FC or two cannot be rules out for this zone. Steering winds are slow and very weak at mid levels. This condition can make updrafts fold quite rapidly possibly resulting in point deluge. Flooding will be possible. Any folding storm in this zone will also be capable of producing gusts to 40kts today 

image.thumb.png.4bd070036fe29f3b46514588a3205405.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

View from the front of my house after a very fine warm morning with no clouds in the sky . Edit out of nowhere rain popped up on netweather radar.  

Clouds building into a tower with the sun fuelling it . 

IMG_20210726_123454.jpg

IMG_20210726_123454.jpg

Edited by Ciderwithrosie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

So here it is, my long video of the storms on Friday night/early hours of Saturday. Apologies that there is a lot of black screen, there was very little natural light out there. 

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Really bubbling up now here in the Riviera.

20210726_132253.thumb.jpg.1fbbcad7a0110c77cccdf5239a032cc2.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Hoping that feature that is coming in tonight will give us some night time lightning here in Wales.

Looks like we have a much higher chance of seeing some thundery showers during the daytime here as well for the next couple of days as its mostly just been southeast England recently.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Temps up to 25C with a 19C dew point. Showers kicking off in Devon and moving ESE. 

Yep, almost certainly gonna be too far north today. Too far west yesterday.