Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
11 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

About 5 minutes of light rain which did not even dampen the ground. Knew the writing was on the wall for here as early as 11am with a cold easterly blowing up the Estuary and Cb's only really getting going to the North West and West around 2pm.

Did look spectacular way off to the west but another damp squib for SE Essex.

You are a storm chaser Paul aren't you,why not chase them?

Oh! i remember,....you wouldn't get out of bed for less than an F3

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Yea we know when the writings on the wall cloud 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

I was too far north/east for the action on Friday night/Saturday morning...and too far west today. Just a bit of drizzle.  My storm drought continues

Edited by Mizzle
Typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
52 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I got a little bit of footage but as not much as I had hoped. The storm heading towards St Albans died out after producing almost constant thunder. I ended up driving into Harlow and then on to Cheshunt where there was torrential rain, occasional lightning and lots of flooding. I was stuck in the car though so didn't get the best footage of it.

Sorry to hear that Supacell. Long way from home to get stuck in the car with floods around. I think better views of the storms were seen from the eastern side of the CZ, certainly from pics posted. Sorry for those caught with the floods though...

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Bit of a disappointing weekend, storm wise. Friday I would rate 4 out of 10, but only because it was the first decent viewing since 2017.

Posted
7 hours ago, <<Ryan>> said:

WOW. One of closest cgs ever witnessed, awesome positive shotgun boom. 

The storm out Robertsbridge way looks epic from where I am with a load of really low scud, almost looks as though its scraping the ground

Yea I see that developing ,or maybe it was  Harry's cell he took from east of you near Ashford

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
19 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Well that was definitely the last storm of the day I think, absolute insane day. Gets a 9 out of 10 for me!

Anyway my friend has kindly aloud me share some images and also todays top 5 highest rainfall totals from Todays beasts. He will also be uploading a load of footage an time lapse over the coming hours which he has also kindly aloud to share when its ready

image.thumb.png.25de10ed8b156860f782ab61e1d33ef4.png

image.thumb.png.9e15c985c67a0103b081ecb6c203ee53.pngimage.thumb.png.15edac4e30b10f40f84c30857e20cb3a.png

Absolutely amazing and beautiful images Stormyking. Look forward to the upload of the rest of the footage. Sounds like it was an amazing experience on the IOW. Love to have been there to experience it....

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Haha

Well other things got in the way today like my 17 year old Girl scoring a 92nd Minute 35 Yarder to win the game 3v4 over at Basildon. Got some cracking pictures of the Storms to the North West and West.

Also had 5 hours worth of Storms along the South Coast on Friday night so although SE Essex has been a bust yet again I have had some chasing this weekend that bore fruit

• Like 6

Posted

Yes the CZ was very picturesque from the East. This is looking west whilst London was getting flooded from Bas Vegas around 4pm today 

Screenshot_20210725_213219_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yes the CZ was very picturesque from the East. This is looking west whilst London was getting flooded from Bas Vegas around 4pm today 

Screenshot_20210725_213219_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Tbh Paul you have seen it all before ,just run run of the mill to you ain't it

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
5 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Absolutely amazing and beautiful images Stormyking. Look forward to the upload of the rest of the footage. Sounds like it was an amazing experience on the IOW. Love to have been there to experience it....

Thank you mate, my friend said thank you for the kind comment on his photos (currently talking to him haha), bit gutting one of our main lightning strikes had glitched out his cam which he's trying to sort it out but I know there will be more stuff to share  But yeah it really has been an incredible 48 hours, the last 2 years has been probably worse I've seen on the island for missing out pretty much everything which rarely happens, so it was definitely worth the wait

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Supacell said:

A few freeze frames from the Friday night storms in Hampshire

Distant lightning over the Isle of Wight as seen from Milford on Sea

vlcsnap-2021-07-25-22h36m48s079.thumb.png.02637ecaefd1ff5d95437767be18394f.png  vlcsnap-2021-07-25-22h37m47s264.thumb.png.df9e232dba6d647eba4f887aceb9b27a.png

By around 1:30am the storm starts to make landfall after flashing out to sea for about 2 hours

vlcsnap-2021-07-25-22h40m26s974.thumb.png.5d3f4444341b8d8b9a8f4e9f9c7d2862.png  vlcsnap-2021-07-25-22h43m43s436.thumb.png.b5fa7418bd977abfad6984a3e082bd93.png

And produces a few close CG's

vlcsnap-2021-07-25-22h44m30s867.thumb.png.ba2df36fd4902f3aa0aaad5901db67f2.png  vlcsnap-2021-07-25-22h46m17s360.thumb.png.04cf49c74726fa5e4c4bda9bf3f50afa.png  vlcsnap-2021-07-25-22h47m12s506.thumb.png.1482214d3f2bc8feea37e89f87fcb5a4.png  

Before I then chase it inland where lightning activity weakens a bit but still with some good CG's

vlcsnap-2021-07-25-22h49m44s549.thumb.png.811dcfd9420a636943492c168c653954.png

The video will hopefully be uploaded tomorrow (its nearly 2 hours long!)

These are beautiful!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
1 hour ago, Mizzle said:

I was too far north/east for the action on Friday night/Saturday morning...and too far west today. Just a bit of drizzle.  My storm drought continues

Yeah last 36 hours were a huge disappointment for the central south. We had so much potential for something so much better

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!
2 hours ago, Stormyking said:

Well that was definitely the last storm of the day I think, absolute insane day. Gets a 9 out of 10 for me!

Anyway my friend has kindly aloud me share some images and also todays top 5 highest rainfall totals from Todays beasts. He will also be uploading a load of footage an time lapse over the coming hours which he has also kindly aloud to share when its ready

image.thumb.png.25de10ed8b156860f782ab61e1d33ef4.png

image.thumb.png.9e15c985c67a0103b081ecb6c203ee53.pngimage.thumb.png.15edac4e30b10f40f84c30857e20cb3a.png

Truly amazing pics! Capturing the shear awe of these storms. For this forum, it's a funny old thing. For some  it's a "bust", the hope of something dramatic presenting as nothing more than drizzle and mild annoyance. For some, it's a really dramatic sequence of events, possibly veering into the dangerous.

Whatever happens, our little island is as varied as the people who live on it and we're all going to see some amazing things that will sometimes shock us.

Sorry if that's all a bit philosophical but it's so cool that our world just does what it does and we all get to tune into it a bit.

Get out there and experience it; 'cos its awesome.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 hour ago, Supacell said:

vlcsnap-2021-07-25-22h46m17s360.thumb.png.04cf49c74726fa5e4c4bda9bf3f50afa.png

Great pictures. I wonder if this one is the one that came down not far from me. Was certainly a very loud one at one point and someone with a better view of it said it looked like it was in a field less than half a mile away from me. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted

Absolutely insane day here in Rotherhithe on south bank of Thames, the rain was extraordinary 55mm by far my wettest day on record, also by far stormiest day of year, I wasn’t able to see as much because of torrents of rain. Actual exciting weather day! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
5 hours ago, matt111 said:

Great pictures. I wonder if this one is the one that came down not far from me. Was certainly a very loud one at one point and someone with a better view of it said it looked like it was in a field less than half a mile away from me. 

This was looking in the directon of Christchurch/Bournemouth and so I don't think it is. However, there were CG's to my east too in the direction of Barton on Sea, but I didn't get them on camera.

8 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Bit of a disappointing weekend, storm wise. Friday I would rate 4 out of 10, but only because it was the first decent viewing since 2017.

Yup agreed, at least we saw something Friday. Yesterday annoyed me more, was typical as the prevailing flow could have brought surface based storms into the area from the north east but there was just too much cruddy low cloud to overturn. Off course on Saturday when the prevailing flow was taking storms away from us it brightened up really quickly…

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.abdee8de665fb66d15f4b9a347efe2c9.png

WWW.CONVECTIVEWEATHER.CO.UK

Forecasting thunderstorms and severe convective weather across the British Isles and Ireland for up to the next 5 days.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Interesting forecast. Some night time shows possible tonight. Tomorrow looks a bit quieter, but then Wednesday is the next one that could be quite eventful for many, with widespread storms during the day. 

• Like 1