Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

That one scared the **** out of me,very close and searing thunder. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
29 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

yeah definitely close to where I live, Tenterden isn't that far away but if it was at Tenterden I think the people there would either die from fright or go deaf if it was that loud where I am

Loudest bolt I ever heard, happened in Folkestone, but caused damage to the whole se rail network. Through electrical fires. Sounded like a bomb going off, power cut for a few mins, and car alarms left right and centre.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Ah, welcome to what happened in Spring for me exept one or two days and it was just drizzle, plus last year I missed most of the storms down south as well.

Here in High Wycombe we have had no thunder or heavy showers at all. Incredible as almost every day i see the radar but they always seem to be moving away or dieing when they approach. Only recorded 2ml of rain in last 2 weeks - this came in the form of light rain and drizzle. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hi Dave, at around 1830 there was storm situated just west and south of Chelmsford - according to the detectors it did produce some thunder and lightning. Looks to be losing its electricity now sadly although still quite heavy on radar 

C2F21910-22AA-478D-9D3D-BCB7345CC9A6.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
17 minutes ago, PiscesStar said:

What are the chances for Canterbury please this evening for convective activity? Thanks for any ideas x

Don't think we'll get much around here. All bubbling away from NE Kent in general and has been all day, been looking at the convection strolling by to my SW all afternoon!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

Please? And pick up a bit?

3E59F404-1DD9-44B7-A03C-8021FA371D5B.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms/Rain

Unfortunately with work I missed most to the claps down where I live, however had the boy messaging me saying how loud a couple of claps were, windows shook , the sheer noise even startled him. Took a look at lightening maps & well, I will say our road was very close

Not jealous at all  

49FB3DCC-5130-452B-8C48-11388B40D11D.png

Posted

Been bad in West suffolk, Haverhill has been hit bad.

looking South I can see blue sky, but looking North towards Newmarket it's still black.

Posted

Well, it's getting a little wet, now. No flashes nor bangs. Not even a funnel cloud. Looks promising to the West of here, so downstream to the S/SW might get lucky soon. Edenbrige/Sevenoaks that sort of area.

rochester.thumb.PNG.938875082d8692f0c6cd17b5ed9b4c50.PNG

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
3 hours ago, minus10 said:

Nice flashes now visable...

Storm just about reached welwyn and Hatfied . Here in Stevenage had rumbles for about 3 hours. But storm never reached us despite being only 5 miles away . Just some rain and alot of rumbles. Was just to the west of us going mainly north . London storm insane despite only being 30 miles away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Bit of a yawn fest here. Plenty of flashes, rumbles and heavy rain from all sides, but very featureless grey skies and not really  anything to look at. 

There was a funnel cloud down the road in Braintree though.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

So was the ‘severe’ box for severe disappointment?

Flooding,I guess. I've had real problems trying to get out of London this evening due to blocked roads,etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

I've just realised that I've seen sprites before in Florida 3 years ago, why's it taken me so long to realise lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Looks like over a month's worth of rainfall fell in just 2-3 hours for parts of NE London.

Plenty of flash flooding disruption around the capital, so, warnings very much warranted IMO

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
7 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Stratford Station looks like a water park

Omg, without stating the bleeding obvious, that's some serious amount of water,

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, minus10 said:

Did you get any good footage Supacell? The main thrust of activity was always to the east of me however so close you could almost 'smell' the cigar. Running down into London and causing the flooding problems being reported. I noticed that individual cells although intense didnt last that long although if in the right (or wrong place whichever way you look at it) you would have received one after another which has been the problem for the flooded areas I think. Stay safe mate....

I got a little bit of footage but as not much as I had hoped. The storm heading towards St Albans died out after producing almost constant thunder. I ended up driving into Harlow and then on to Cheshunt where there was torrential rain, occasional lightning and lots of flooding. I was stuck in the car though so didn't get the best footage of it.

• Like 2

Posted

About 5 minutes of light rain which did not even dampen the ground. Knew the writing was on the wall for here as early as 11am with a cold easterly blowing up the Estuary and Cb's only really getting going to the North West and West around 2pm.

Did look spectacular way off to the west but another damp squib for SE Essex.

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Electricmumma said:

Yeah you are, try travelling further west, closer to the big mr whippy in the sky

Well I'm here again (st Leonards )  ,and too be honest not much has happened so the locals say ,not much from where I come from either ,but in-between well ,flooding ,roads closed ,fire engines pumping water ,all between me and you ,lol

1627246269598910995595522601332.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

About 5 minutes of light rain which did not even dampen the ground. Knew the writing was on the wall for here as early as 11am with a cold easterly blowing up the Estuary and Cb's only really getting going to the North West and West around 2pm.

Did look spectacular way off to the west but another damp squib for SE Essex.

Yep, and though it’s annoying to have missed out, considering some of the flooding in London, maybe we should count ourselves a bit lucky

• Thanks 1