Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

had our first ground frost of the season not last night but the night before..when temps dipped below 2c ..most of the tress are now beginning to turn 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Canada and Scandinavia probably does have my preferred climate for this reason. We will be lucky to get one in a city before October.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
5 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

had our first ground frost of the season not last night but the night before..when temps dipped below 2c ..most of the tress are now beginning to turn 

What are the daytime temps like? Here at the moment the nights are around 12/13C but the days are overcast and drizzly and only 15/16C. It's getting very tiresome.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

What are the daytime temps like? Here at the moment the nights are around 12/13C but the days are overcast and drizzly and only 15/16C. It's getting very tiresome.

22c -26c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning everyone

Although not as cool this morning, I did spot another gentle autumnal mist just hanging over the fields today. ?

The season of mists and mellow fruitfulness is well underway. ???

4E96B304-3BA1-4E69-966D-A1A668FA2AB5.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted

Yes the morning did feel autumninal with the cold, moisture on leaves and sun.

Posted

Saw my first autumnal mist yesterday in the valley behind us - lovely.

Murky and autumnal this morning with a hint of some night-time minimas into SINGLE FIGURES later in the week........here we go !!

*fire up the log burner*

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
27 minutes ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

*fire up the log burner*

Enjoy it while it lasts, log burners might be banned soon as they pollute too much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

Good luck with that

Just what I’d heard, but they’re not being banned, you just have to use eco-fuel/dry wood from 2022 in your current burner. Any new burners will have to be eco

Posted

very autumnal day here today..cold wet and windy with a high forecast of just 8c ..was a relatively cold weekend for August to boot cloudy never got above 12-14c..i think at this point can call summer over and Autumn has arrived here ..there is no further heat in the forecast the next 2 weeks as we head into September 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

A wild variation in uppers in the space of a few days into September so more interesting conditions if its variety you like. Though it is only the CFS but who knows.

Screenshot_20210823-170945_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210823-171012_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210823-171035_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Temps dipped to 10.5c last night, a strong early sun has given me some lovely misty views this morning - beautiful.

image.thumb.png.e159338034d43a3ad37531554e7a1a8c.png

Friday morning looking promising for us mist-watchers too !!

• Like 1

Posted
On 23/08/2021 at 13:27, Weatherman_93 said:

Soon be time to start posting in the "Is your Heating On Yet?" 

Thanks for depressing everyone with that. I haven’t had the heating on since May.  We’ve done quite well this summer up north and we haven’t needed the heating on during the summer this year. Last couple of years we’ve had to put it on during June. Hopefully we won’t have to put it on until October this year, then we will have had four whole months without needing the heating on.

On 23/08/2021 at 14:51, cheeky_monkey said:

very autumnal day here today..cold wet and windy with a high forecast of just 8c ..was a relatively cold weekend for August to boot cloudy never got above 12-14c..i think at this point can call summer over and Autumn has arrived here ..there is no further heat in the forecast the next 2 weeks as we head into September 

And just a week ago you were getting highs of 22 to 26°. 8° wet and windy is what we typically get here in the UK during the winter! Single digit maxima is unheard of here in September never mind August!  Crazy climate you have over there. I much prefer the temperate climate of the U.K.

Posted

Crazy to think that in just a few days time it will be the start of meteorological autumn. This summer has gone by so fast. It has been one of the better summers in recent years here in the north-west of England. I know Darn Sarf it hasn’t been as good. Although really September most of the time is really just an extension of summer, especially in the south, autumn doesn’t begin until 21st of September in my opinion.

looking at the current model output, high-pressure looks to be going nowhere fast. I think September will be a high-pressure dominated month, especially during the first half, with the Atlantic perhaps breaking through during the third or fourth week. I’m hoping for lots of settled sunny days in the mid to upper teens. Just quiet benign weather that we usually get in September. September is one of my favourite months for weather.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
On 23/08/2021 at 13:27, Weatherman_93 said:

Soon be time to start posting in the "Is your Heating On Yet?" 

It’s coming soon. 

Usually by the last week of September I find I start turning the heating on again. 

It will be on only in the evenings for a short while, but once we move into October, will start using it more frequently. When daytime temps start to fall to 13-14c, is when the flat is cold enough to need the heating on for longer periods. 

I woke up feeling cold this morning, but that’s due to leaving the window open at night. Will probably start closing the windows soon. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Crazy to think that in just a few days time it will be the start of meteorological autumn. This summer has gone by so fast. It has been one of the better summers in recent years here in the north-west of England. I know Darn Sarf it hasn’t been as good. Although really September most of the time is really just an extension of summer, especially in the south, autumn doesn’t begin until 21st of September in my opinion.

looking at the current model output, high-pressure looks to be going nowhere fast. I think September will be a high-pressure dominated month, especially during the first half, with the Atlantic perhaps breaking through during the third or fourth week. I’m hoping for lots of settled sunny days in the mid to upper teens. Just quiet benign weather that we usually get in September. September is one of my favourite months for weather.

I feel this summer went fast,  because quite a few of us never had one. I spent much of May waiting for some spring warmth, and finally it came around the last few days, but very late. Cold dull and strong chilly winds at times.

The first half of June and one week in mid July were the only decent spells of summery weather. Since then, it’s just been a waiting game. Now September beckons and it’s utterly depressing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

I see the local Horse chestnuts have their rust now- so they'll be gone in a couple of weeks max depending on wind and rain.

All other trees are very much into the darkest shade of green now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A hint of Autumn coolness here this morning and despite the bright sunshine the temp now is only 16.8C. It has been a decent enough August here with only an unsettled spell in the second week as the jet and low pressure settled over us. Since the 12th though only the 21st has been wet and there has been plenty sunshine. Whilst not exactly bringing a heat wave a Southerly tracking jet does have its benefits for some.

• Like 1

Posted

Who's going to be the first person in this thread to write winter off I wonder?

Someone usually does it in September but can anyone top that and write winter 2021/2022 off as a mild zonal affair right now whilst we are still in August based on what we may get in the autumn?

• Like 1

Posted
21 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Best only since 2018 mind...

Posted
3 hours ago, SqueakheartLW said:

Who's going to be the first person in this thread to write winter off I wonder?

Someone usually does it in September but can anyone top that and write winter 2021/2022 off as a mild zonal affair right now whilst we are still in August based on what we may get in the autumn?

Usually someone does it on 1st day of the year.. write off winter altogether ever happening ever again!!

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I feel this summer went fast,  because quite a few of us never had one. I spent much of May waiting for some spring warmth, and finally it came around the last few days, but very late. Cold dull and strong chilly winds at times.

The first half of June and one week in mid July were the only decent spells of summery weather. Since then, it’s just been a waiting game. Now September beckons and it’s utterly depressing. 

Another factor as happened last year is the effect of the restrictions. In a 'normal year', people are able to make the most of any good weather from about April onwards, we had to wait until the school holidays before full advantage could be made - what I mean is in terms of travel, outdoor events etc.. obviously people could still sit outside or go for a walk etc.. but it has had a mental impact.. and our perceptions of the summer as a whole going once again very fast.

• Like 2

Posted

Very Septembery today, low of 8.1C last night and despite the sunshine it's only 16.0C now.

• Like 1