IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
16 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

27°c Jersey Airport
27°c Lakenheath Royal Air Force Base
27°c Cambridge
27°c Bournemouth Airport

Already 27c at a number of locations just past 11am.....I'd be very surprised if we don't see 30c somewhere today.

Highly likely, maybe the odd 31C in favored spots?

Posted
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

Could easily be one of the best 5 days of the entire year today! Feeling and looking amazing already and its not even 11am. Don't worry sun haters, your 320 days per year of grey will be coming back soon, but for now, i will be enjoying and making the most of this beautiful weather!

Yes. I've just booked a sneaky short notice day off tomorrow so I can get up the pub this afternoon and longer around in the beer garden in shorts and t shirt drinking ice cold lager. Yummy. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

It’s a shame we supposedly never seem to get a ‘middle ground’ with the weather. It’s either dull, grey and cold or excessively hot. 

Can’t remember the last time where it’s just been around 22 degrees. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Most of the second half of August down here, when the sun was out at least. Granted it wasn't like that in many places.

It’s simply stunning today. Crystal clear skies, warm sun, warm breeze. 27C and just done my second quickest 5km time of the year. Really don’t want to go back in the office now, should have just run straight the beach and stayed there! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

This is glorious, please can someone tell me we'll get more of the same (or nearly the same) next week? MOD thread not updating as quickly as I'd like!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Haven't seen skies this blue since spring 2020. Beautiful colour and 25c with barely a breath of wind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 hour ago, Don said:

Highly likely, maybe the odd 31C in favored spots?

We will have to see! A few spots at 29c now with a good 2-3 hours of heating left...

Posted
1 hour ago, Josh Rubio said:

It’s a shame we supposedly never seem to get a ‘middle ground’ with the weather. It’s either dull, grey and cold or excessively hot. 

What's missing is a nice 24-25c!

• Like 2

Posted

Finally for the first time in a very long time, there is not a cloud in the sky. 27C, gentle breeze, sunny and clear deep blue skies. For the first time this year we have the perfect day.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely day just got back from a 15mile walk, clear sky's here with temp currently 26c and a nice breeze to take the edge of things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Very warm, sunny, clear blue skies and not a cloud to be seen. Currently 21.8C with 78% humidity, so well above average for the time of year here. Temp not baking hot but humidity making it feel hotter.Thankfully it's not as bad as a heatwave in July due to the lower sun angle and earlier nights.

Posted
1 hour ago, Josh Rubio said:

It is here at 21.8C! Been lucky here up north this summer and had a lot of days like that this summer. Humid though at 78% making it feel warmer. Everything looks very tired at the moment (like me lol), the trees now at thier darkest shade of green. After a fairly decent summer up here I'm ready for proper autumn now.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
typo

Posted

I'm surprised to see so many people enjoying the summery weather. I would have expected more people to be wanting autumnal weather now we are officially in metrological autumn (though imo autumn doesn't begin until Sep 21st). But seems most people are still in summer mode. This forum has changed.

Posted
2 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I'm surprised to see so many people enjoying the summery weather. I would have expected more people to be wanting autumnal weather now we are officially in metrological autumn (though imo autumn doesn't begin until Sep 21st). But seems most people are still in summer mode. This forum has changed.

I don't think the forum has changed. Just people enjoying the September sun. Give it another month and the Winter heads will be here in full flow.

Posted
18 hours ago, Alderc said:

Makes you laugh, with max temps of 20-22C Tokyo is currently under a ‘cool’ condition advisory, the first one issued since January 2018. Some here would still find those temps a struggle

18 hours ago, Alderc said:

Makes you laugh, with max temps of 20-22C Tokyo is currently under a ‘cool’ condition advisory, the first one issued since January 2018. Some here would still find those temps a struggle

Wow I did not realise the Japenese were so soft!  I always thought Tokyo had a similar climate to us, what with Japan being an Island like us. Guess I was wrong. Guess I should never go to Japan if 20-22C is considered unusually cold lol.

15 hours ago, Snowy L said:

I will laugh at anyone who complains about a maximum of 25C being uncomfortably "hot"

I am one of those people lol. 

Posted

Up to 27.3C here which is the 2nd warmest September day in 41 years. The record is 27.7C set back in 2016 but a light sea breeze has kicked in so its looking doubtful we'll beat that.

The suns weaker than early summer but it still feels very uncomfortable as the dewpoint is 19.0C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
24 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I’m not surprised at all, especially for those in the south that haven’t had much of a summer. A few days of beautiful weather in September are poor recompense, but still very welcome, I’m sure.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

We've just a month of Autumn - August! This few days of heat is long overdue after last months debacle.

I see the latest UK max temps has a 30c showing for Northolt (probably rounded up)

Current Maximum Temperatures

30°c Northolt

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!
On 07/09/2021 at 13:44, East Lancs Rain said:

I agree that Astronomical seasons are more in line with real conditions, but being a weather forum, it makes sense to follow the meteorological seasons.

I'm a switcher around Halloween. Before I'm wanting summery conditions, after I'm wanting cold!

Posted
5 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Wow I did not realise the Japenese were so soft!  I always thought Tokyo had a similar climate to us, what with Japan being an Island like us. Guess I was wrong. Guess I should never go to Japan if 20-22C is considered unusually cold lol.

I am one of those people lol. 

Tokyo is at 35N (same as Southern California, Crete, Iraq, Morocco)....it's a lot, lot closer to the equator than the UK.

Wouldn't want their summers though, averages into the low 30s with very high humidity (75%). East Asian Monsoon (Meiyu Front) also can lead to soaking and flooding rains.

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It certainly has mate. Only two types of weather folk on this site are interested in. Heat in summer and snow in winter. Strange for a site that's supposed to be for weather enthusiasts. Nought as funny as folk I suppose. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Tokyo is at 35N (same as Southern California, Crete, Iraq, Morocco)....it's a lot, lot closer to the equator than the UK.

Wouldn't want their summers though, averages into the low 30s with very high humidity (75%). East Asian Monsoon (Meiyu Front) also can lead to soaking and flooding rains.

Wow I did not realise they were so far south. Guess I should've paid more attention when looking at the world map. Those Tokyo summers must be hell.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2