Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

What a stunning morning walking outside into cold, dry and clear air. Just a shame it won't last very long, hoping that halloween & bonfire night aren't too mild!  ❄️

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.

Nice out there isn't it.  Cool clear air, blue sky, bit of a nippy breeze, and dazzlingly bright sun low on the horizon.  A few more days of this please.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Had a walk at around 8:30 this morning when it was 6 Celsius, and what a nice sunny, fresh, crisp proper autumn morning we have for a change. Something that has been in relatively short supply so far. It's forecast to get mild again next week, but with any luck it will be shortlived.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It actually feels seasonal! Hoorah! Was a shock to the system walking outside today and it wasn't mid-teens and humid. Lovely.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The wind has certainly been a tad crazy here today. Overturned my heavy outdoor table (!), smashed up the balcony a bit and there’s plenty of damage to trees across the city causing a few issues. 

A649EFAB-7983-41F4-ADFC-034450462606.png

FC28B497-D55B-4155-8FDA-6D0E296CAAC6.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

By far the best Autumns day so far. The first door opening to step out into that crisp air, magical. This is why so many love this season, the freshness and change from the Summer is a real tonic.

• Like 4

Posted
38 minutes ago, markyo said:

By far the best Autumns day so far. The first door opening to step out into that crisp air, magical. This is why so many love this season, the freshness and change from the Summer is a real tonic.

The feeling of summer has long gone. Think the last remnants of summer 2021 was in mid September during that warm spell.

It’s a much better day and I prefer the cold sunny weather, but recent days just felt like very mild dreary days, so typical of autumn.

I hope we get more of today’s weather for the next 4 months, with a small dump of snow. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

The feeling of summer has long gone. Think the last remnants of summer 2021 was in mid September during that warm spell.

It’s a much better day and I prefer the cold sunny weather, but recent days just felt like very mild dreary days, so typical of autumn.

I hope we get more of today’s weather for the next 4 months, with a small dump of snow. 

Autumn generally is the least interesting season - Spring the most interesting. Thankfully we are just edging out of the doldrums when UK weather is most benign.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
13 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Autumn generally is the least interesting season - Spring the most interesting. Thankfully we are just edging out of the doldrums when UK weather is most benign.. 

Yes, fully agree here....which is reflected in my weather preferences tag! Never been a big fan of autumn really. Just means it's dark now for another 4 months. Still - only 2 months until it starts getting lighter again!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Azazel said:

scraped the car for the first time this season. Fingers crossed they bring back WFH soon.

WFH is coming back soon. Mark my words, it will start again in November.

I wish everyone would go back, and give me a quiet building to work in. 

• Like 2

Posted

The one thing I hate about the dark mornings is, walking to the tube station, and the moon pops out from behind the clouds. It's eerie.

Think I have some form of agoraphobia, because I have a problem with open spaces or walking near hills or bridges when its dark. I know it's a weird.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
On 22/10/2021 at 11:46, Sunny76 said:

Still very windy here today but not like yesterday (Storm Aurorae, I believe?), and it’s much cooler (10°C currently) with still with plenty of sunshine.

Edited by Polar Maritime
Snipped quote.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
4 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I can see that happening at some point within the next couple of months too. I can't really see another lockdown happening, but something tells me that certain restrictions are going to be brought back. Such as WFH, masks and social distancing.

Anyway, back on topic. I would love to have a winter with an abundance of blue sky, cold, frosty days with the odd snowy day here and there. On the other hand, I do feel concerned about those who won't be able to afford having their heating on; particularly the elderly who are obviously more vulnerable to the cold.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

image.thumb.png.089f46827ca79a6992ba77cc551fed46.png

Perfect evening for it. Shame the mild dross will be back soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I must say here in the west country the weather has been pretty dull and mild lately with not a lot going on, with more of the same forecast for the next couple of weeks. Just normal I s'pose. 

Oh well, down in this part of the world there's little to no chance of cold weather delivering anything of much interest at this time of year. 

Personally for me I look forward to the start of December, with the very short days and the chance of much colder weather.

Get this mild weather out of the way and bring on a bitterly cold winter I say. Something like 62/63. It will happen again one day. I can dream! 

Posted

Looking forward to November.. rarely say that but the majority of October likely to go down as a dull drab affair often very mild dank if not very wet.. hopefully November will bring drier cooler fayre with some sunshine.. doesn't usually mind.. but this year I feel it will do.

• Like 3

Posted

I know that we still have November to go yet, but this autumn is turning out to be quite a forgettable one for me with hardly anything particularly noteworthy happening. However, the models are suggesting that November will have some more spice to it. So here's hoping! 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

I enjoy the Autumn colours in October, but the month is never remembered or defined by weather. It has the narrowest percentile range and is quite damp. Some years you get interesting occurrences (2008 cold, 2014 warm Halloween, 2017 Ophelia) but most years you get mid-teens all month!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
On 23/10/2021 at 21:37, Bradley in Kent said:

I enjoy the Autumn colours in October, but the month is never remembered or defined by weather. It has the narrowest percentile range and is quite damp. Some years you get interesting occurrences (2008 cold, 2014 warm Halloween, 2017 Ophelia) but most years you get mid-teens all month!

Or 2018 - 24 degrees max on the 10th and 5 degrees max on the 26th. Perhaps the only other time of year capable of that being mid-March to mid-April.