Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

As someone who experienced the BST all-year experiment (1968-71?) I prefer all-year-round BST. But, as the dark mornings around the Winter Solstice are clearly too much for some, I'd be happy were we to put the clocks forward on the first Sunday in March rather than the last. Isn't that a fair compromise?

Wouldn't bother me. By that time of year I'm looking forward to Spring and the extended daylight hours. 

Posted

Wonderful to be able to walk to work without the threat of getting soaked through, this morning.

Absolute monsoon, apocalyptic rain last night which coincided with my running group session. 

The Met Office contingency planner update of a largely settled and mild October followed by cold north to north westerlies in November and December, sounds ideal. Good riddance to the wet and windy rubbish.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Looking like a beautiful day in London ☀️ Bit fresh first thing, though 

• Like 1

Posted

Dry dry and even more dry over the next 2 weeks!!love this kind of weather at this time of the year when it should be pouring with rain instead!!long may it continue!!!and no sign of a raging vortex either!!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
16 hours ago, Seasonal Trim said:

Wouldn't bother me. By that time of year I'm looking forward to Spring and the extended daylight hours. 

Even though there's no need for it, early March winter time actually bothers me less than early November winter time. Reason being that it's still light until 1800 or even slightly later in early March, even with winter time.

The very early solar noon I mentioned above is the reason why (IMO) delaying the start of winter time a couple of weeks is perhaps the most pressing need. Incidentally North America made this change relatively recently, though only by one week.

Back to the weather, and like others, a fine day, though quite a lot of high cloud to the west, presumably associated with ex-Sam. Yesterday was surprisingly dry and pleasant though with a cold wind.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I hope this upcoming benign spell delivers some chilly foggy nights/mornings, as that is the kind I like to see at this time of the year. 

If it fails to deliver and we instead get nothingness, then I hope it isn't with us for too long. The good news is that after Sunday, temps will be back down to average which is good for those of us who love proper seasonal weather.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 4

Posted
21 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I hope this upcoming benign spell delivers some chilly foggy nights/mornings, as that is the kind I like to see at this time of the year. 

If it fails to deliver and we instead get nothingness, then I hope it isn't with us for too long. The good news is that after Sunday, temps will be back down to average which is good for those of us who love proper seasonal weather.

I feel like fog is as rare as snow and frost aroud these parts!

• Like 4

Posted

A quiet spell of weather ahead.. looks like we are going back to the September state of mind.. not that unusual early to mid October.. its normally later in the month we experience a marked change to less settled.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Could be a similar Aug-Oct period as 2007. Essentially settled with occasional unsettled spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Looks like the aircon will be on again later this week, very disappointing for this time in October, not what Autumn is about at all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
53 minutes ago, markyo said:

Looks like the aircon will be on again later this week, very disappointing for this time in October, not what Autumn is about at all.

With the exception of the hot spell during early September and the unsettled spell just recently, so far this autumn has been rather trying for weather enthusiasts. 

I like high pressure at this time of the year, if it produces some chilly foggy nights/mornings as well as a ground frost or two. Otherwise it's just boring after a while.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want long periods of wind and rain either. I just want more of a variety as opposed to weeks on end of the same thing. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
12 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Wonderful to be able to walk to work without the threat of getting soaked through, this morning.

Absolute monsoon, apocalyptic rain last night which coincided with my running group session. 

The Met Office contingency planner update of a largely settled and mild October followed by cold north to north westerlies in November and December, sounds ideal. Good riddance to the wet and windy rubbish.

well won't be good riddance with NW'lys! the worst direction for rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Looks like i can leave the logs in the shed for a few more days at least, should be a mild-ish weekend, although cool enough in the evening to glance at the log burner

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 06/10/2021 at 13:22, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I feel like fog is as rare as snow and frost aroud these parts!

Had quite a few foggy nights/mornings here - 4 or 5 in September.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
24 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Going to be a late Autumn show Ifeel this year, leaves barely turning. Need a good frost!

Making up for one of the coldest Springs ever recorded?

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

With the exception of the hot spell during early September and the unsettled spell just recently, so far this autumn has been rather trying for weather enthusiasts. 

I like high pressure at this time of the year, if it produces some chilly foggy nights/mornings as well as a ground frost or two. Otherwise it's just boring after a while.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want long periods of wind and rain either. I just want more of a variety as opposed to weeks on end of the same thing. 

Think a bit of variety is what most of us want with regards to the weather. I’ve not seen one foggy night or day yet, let alone frost. Just glad it’s not going to be chucking it down with howling winds again, for a bit. Possible frost here next week (Monday). 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Think a bit of variety is what most of us want with regards to the weather. I’ve not seen one foggy night or day yet, let alone frost. Just glad it’s not going to be chucking it down with howling winds again, for a bit. Possible frost here next week (Monday). 

Yes, if our weather was more variable then I think many of us wouldn't complain as much. But then, the moans thread wouldn't be as interesting to read would it? 

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Yes, if our weather was more variable then I think many of us wouldn't complain as much. But then, the moans thread wouldn't be as interesting to read would it? 

Certainly, it often makes for entertaining reading! I empathise with some of the moans, can be hard work dealing with dreary weather so regularly

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
8 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Had quite a few foggy nights/mornings here - 4 or 5 in September.

Same here, have had more foggy mornings last month than probably the last 10yrs put together. 

Love a foggy start to the day

• Like 1