Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
29 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

The model thread showing the other side of autumn with temps in the low 20's from the 8th to 10th October. 

Won't happen ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Just had an extremely heavy shower and gusty winds, now this is exciting weather! 

• Like 1

Posted

My ideal October is a very mixed month. One that becomes progressively cold. A couple of stormy spells, first air frosts of the season, first bit of snow on the fells, first properly cold feeling day, a late burst of warmth and sunshine before mid month. Not too much to ask..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 hours ago, MP-R said:

Yes - 20th Jan this year a classic example.

Can't recall that one. I remember 16 Dec 10 that was a super cold front that brought sub freezing max behind it. 

Posted

Woke up with a blocked nose and blocked ear. Feels very cold in the flat. Wearing a jumper now on top of my t shirt, and light jacket. Pitch black darkness going to work.

The long dark journey to March has begun. 

• Like 4

Posted
6 hours ago, damianslaw said:

My ideal October is a very mixed month. One that becomes progressively cold. A couple of stormy spells, first air frosts of the season, first bit of snow on the fells, first properly cold feeling day, a late burst of warmth and sunshine before mid month. Not too much to ask..

I would like a few warm days nudging 20c if possible, but it’s not always a guaranteed. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
9 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Always good to get out in the Grizedale and Whinlatter Forest trails - seasonal leafiness and all that.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm
7 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Woke up with a blocked nose and blocked ear. Feels very cold in the flat. Wearing a jumper now on top of my t shirt, and light jacket. Pitch black darkness going to work.

The long dark journey to March has begun. 

This is exactly how I feel. I now start the wait for Spring.  Every winter, I develop a longing to escape the winter for the warmth of Spain.  Last year, I didn't feel that way thanks to the pandemic!

I don't like the darkness, or when we get into a conveyor belt of relentless Atlantic lows that bring the wind and rain.  I can cope better when it is calm and cold with a haw frost for example or when snow is lying on the ground helping to brighten things.

The one good thing about climate change is you can now get 20C days in Oct and March, and occasionally in Nov.  We have even had one in Feb! (2019)  

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Rain just about to reach here been dry all day so far, not too cold either at 18c but it's pretty windy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I’m still not done looking for warm dry weather. Keep in mind we had October back in May so we’ve got plenty of autumnal weather in the bank already.

Today, however, could literally be December. Daytime darkness almost, lights on and pouring rain. Much like August, it looks like most of September’s rainfall is going to fall in just a few days.

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, BlueSkies_do_I_see said:

This is exactly how I feel. I now start the wait for Spring.  Every winter, I develop a longing to escape the winter for the warmth of Spain.  Last year, I didn't feel that way thanks to the pandemic!

I don't like the darkness, or when we get into a conveyor belt of relentless Atlantic lows that bring the wind and rain.  I can cope better when it is calm and cold with a haw frost for example or when snow is lying on the ground helping to brighten things.

The one good thing about climate change is you can now get 20C days in Oct and March, and occasionally in Nov.  We have even had one in Feb! (2019)  

This is the thing. 

I didn't mind last winter, as it provided at least some steady cold and dry periods, with some cold sunny frosty days. I hated the winter before with constant wind and rain once or twice a week for several months.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Loving the change in weather and experiencing something more akin for the time of year. Obviously I don't want the rain to go on for weeks on end, but for now I am absolutely loving it as we haven't had a proper rainy day for quite some time.

I am hoping we'll have a mixed autumn this year but with seasonal temps, and no more blocking patterns.

• Like 6

Posted

Snow in the Cairngorms>>

1497999.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

SNOW has blanketed parts of the UK today, ahead of a cold snap to hit Britain within a week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 28/09/2021 at 21:06, Alderc said:

I have no idea how anyone can prefer this filth compared to the 22-25C we’ve generally been seeing this month.

I quite like it for mountain biking around the forest and getting muddy. 

• Like 3

Posted

First day of very heavy rain during daylight hours at least for many many weeks. Significant totals, which is pleasing given how low the reservoirs and rivers are now. Definate shift in feel of things this week, from last week's balmy late summerness, to almost dark late autumness, a day that wouldn't feel out of place in late November.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

2 bouts of extremely heavy rain here today, once from a shower at lunchtime and this evening from more prolonged precipitation. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Wettest day of the year here. Not surprised at all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers

No showers here today, lots of sunshine as Dublin loves to get when there's low pressure around! Loving the fresh autumn feel, it was about time. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Kalimera from Zakynthos! 

As my Greek friends are telling me, the weather here is heading down towards Winter and we are only getting temps into mid 20s now with thunderstorms expected. 

Gather Autumn has hit Plymouth with some flash flooding yesterday! 

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Alderc said:

I have no idea how anyone can prefer this filth compared to the 22-25C we’ve generally been seeing this month.

Lol you have that right.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind the autumn chill, when it’s accompanied by clear sunny days, and I type this now as the sun is coming up after a clear cold night.

But, the warm weather we had recently, is something I would class as seasonal weather. The cool autumn stuff, is more suited to October and November.

Posted
9 hours ago, damianslaw said:

First day of very heavy rain during daylight hours at least for many many weeks. Significant totals, which is pleasing given how low the reservoirs and rivers are now. Definate shift in feel of things this week, from last week's balmy late summerness, to almost dark late autumness, a day that wouldn't feel out of place in late November.

The warm weather up until last week was something we most of us needed, after the horrid summer of cloud and damp.

The autumn weather will dominate soon enough.

• Like 1