Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Today’s high of 18 degrees was at 1am. Since the passing of the cold front it is now 11 degrees with a blustery shower moving through. We’ve gone from late August to late October in 24 hours.

• Like 3

Posted

September has been a far more impressive month than August was down here, indeed its probably been better than all three summer months here taken as an overall package (plenty of sunshine, constant maxes between 20-25c, not much rain though the last few days will make up for that I fear.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
3 hours ago, Azazel said:

squall line hit just as i made the short journey from my house to the car.

gross.

Needed.

• Like 1

Posted

Fun to have something different and at least September went some way to making up a dreadful summer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Interesting day weather wise with a brief squall and fair bit of rain, with a drop in temperature. Autumn has arrived 

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

Today’s high of 18 degrees was at 1am. Since the passing of the cold front it is now 11 degrees with a blustery shower moving through. We’ve gone from late August to late October in 24 hours.

Similar effect to an arctic cold front in winter that can easily see a drop of 6 degrees or more in temp once one moves through.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.

What a lovely day!  Fresh, breezy, sunny spells and now what looks like a shower blowing in on the breeze.  I can't remember the last time we had such a belated, sudden yet welcome shift in seasons as this.  

• Like 1

Posted

Oddly enough i'm not here for a moan Much needed rain with clearance to sun after. What could be bettter? It's Autumn now so i'm not after heat. September spoilt us. Time to move on. I was  expecting showers to follow on but not even that so i'm one happy bunny!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

6/7cm of snow on Cairngorm plateau

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
On 27/09/2021 at 13:35, damianslaw said:

Similar effect to an arctic cold front in winter that can easily see a drop of 6 degrees or more in temp once one moves through.

Yes - 20th Jan this year a classic example.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Autumn has finally arrived

Just hope it doesn't outstay it welcome and last straight through till March. 

• Like 5

Posted
39 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oddly enough i'm not here for a moan Much needed rain with clearance to sun after. What could be bettter? It's Autumn now so i'm not after heat. September spoilt us. Time to move on. I was  expecting showers to follow on but not even that so i'm one happy bunny!

As the thread says - there's always a Chat and a Ramp...!  - entering into the reliable Ramp timeframe for Winter.

Ramp on.

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, sundog said:

Autumn has finally arrived

Just hope it doesn't outstay it welcome and last straight through till March. 

Best season of the year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A drop of 10C here from yesterday lunchtime to today. 20.5C to 10.3C today. Sun out now but shower clouds looming to the West.

As PM posted 6-7cms snow fell overnight at altitude in the Cairngorms. Actually quite late for the first measurable snow of the season up there.

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Seasonal Trim said:

Looks like Autumn's been put on hold in my area. Cold front went through, temperature dropped and then seemed to recover again this afternoon! Sun's out and it's still warm!

Yes, feeling warm this afternoon!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

As the thread says - there's always a Chat and a Ramp...!  - entering into the reliable Ramp timeframe for Winter.

Ramp on.

It must be nice for people to see me give a non moaning post for once all summer LOL!Next i'll be moaning about no snow ...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

So, autumn has arrived at last. Great! 

Today is a day of sunshine and showers, along with a nice fresh (but not cold) autumnal breeze and a temp of 15°c. Far more interesting as well as seasonal.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Seasonal Trim said:

Looks like Autumn's been put on hold in my area. Cold front went through, temperature dropped and then seemed to recover again this afternoon! Sun's out and it's still warm!

Same here touched 18.7!

Posted

I enjoyed the much needed warm sunny weather of September, especially on the back of a very poor August and chilly end to that month, where I had to put the heating on.

I'm now ready for autumn. Even walking round in the warm sunshine today, the fresh autumn feeling is definitely in the air, and we are now moving away from any remnants of summer 2021.

This feels like the weather you can get in May, very warm in the day, but still cool and fresh at night. Didn't happen this year in May though.

• Like 1