Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Feeling desperately sad that this might be it for 6 months. I can already feel the chill in my bones next week. Not looking forward to it one bit. 

Yeah it’s coming, and won’t be long before the heating goes on properly. 1-2 weeks this warm weather will be a distant memory.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Yeah it’s coming, and won’t be long before the heating goes on properly. 1-2 weeks this warm weather will be a distant memory.

Terrible mate. Think I might hibernate and wake up about March 21st and it's all gone. Dreading it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
9 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Terrible mate. Think I might hibernate and wake up about March 21st and it's all gone. Dreading it.

Yep, exactly how i feel in March, the dread of that summer season one hates most. The opposite of yourself in seasons but you have my sympathies anyway. As for heating on....long long long way to go before that is even thought of!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
Just now, markyo said:

Yep, exactly how i feel in March, the dread of that summer season one hates most. The opposite of yourself in seasons but you have my sympathies anyway. 

That's ok mate. Well thanks for your comments any way. I am sure you will enjoy the winter. As do lots of folks.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Sub zero dew points forecast for Wednesday.. proper autumn weather is finally on the way!

dpwed.thumb.png.5d1488f4c843e7ca1cfd7ff8a9471e11.png

• Like 6

Posted
5 hours ago, Frigid said:

I'd say September 2011 was more remarkable due to that late heatwave at the end of the month. Seems like September is becoming more of a summer month; even last year, September reached 27C here.

Yes increasingly September is becoming an extension of summer it seems. Up until the equinox I call late summer. Often warmer than first half of June. Just as I feel March up until the equinox is late winter, especially in the north. Often colder than much of December. Spring and especially autumn have shortened..

My timeline of the seasons:

Early Spring: Mid March to mid April

Mid Spring: Mid April to mid May

Late Spring: Mid May to early June

Early summer: Mid June to mid July

High summer: Mid July to early August

Late Summer: Mid August to mid September

Early autumn: Late Sept to mid October

Mid Autumn: Mid Oct to mid Nov

Late autumn: Mid Nov to early Dec

Early winter: Mid Dec to mid Jan

High winter: Late Jan to mid Feb

Late winter: Mid Feb to mid March

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
12 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Sub zero dew points forecast for Wednesday.. proper autumn weather is finally on the way!

probably warmer dew points in January under a mild sector in a NE'ly

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 26/09/2021 at 17:06, Stabilo19 said:

GFS is notorious for exaggeration of dew points, both high and low.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I agree. It’s our turn for some nice weather. 

The coldies had their way when all that damp muck dominated August, and it was depressing. 

If only there was seasonal weather in the appropriate season in the UK Summer is so important to me for many reasons, if it’s poor I feel totally robbed so nice weather outside of it makes up for things a little bit. September isn’t a chilly month usually, especially in the south. It’s definitely turning more autumnal soon, looking at the charts

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Looking forward to the upcoming change in the weather. Very seasonal. Hopefully will be nice and cool now until next May  . One can hope.....

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Looks like today is our last day of Summer[extended],will have to wait until the end of April of early May for anything similar.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
41 minutes ago, simshady said:

Looking forward to the upcoming change in the weather. Very seasonal. Hopefully will be nice and cool now until next May  . One can hope.....

Yes cannot wait for weeks on end of showers,wind,rain,cold,dark,cold,rain,showers,cold,rain,a few days of frost,rain,2 light snow coverings,rain,cold,showers...repeat all the way to May 2022,Lovely,very useable!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
33 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

Looks like today is our last day of Summer[extended],will have to wait until the end of April of early May for anything similar.

Maybe late Feb or March, can be over 20 degrees in the south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, hillbilly said:

Yes cannot wait for weeks on end of showers,wind,rain,cold,dark,cold,rain,showers,cold,rain,a few days of frost,rain,2 light snow coverings,rain,cold,showers...repeat all the way to May 2022,Lovely,very useable!

It is very much useable if you wear the right clothing. 

• Like 2

Posted

Unlike most cold fronts of recent weeks, finally a cold front that means business and is going to bring a marked drop in temp. Hence the squall line and heavy rain expected. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.
2 hours ago, hillbilly said:

Very useable for those who like to be comfortable instead of sweating and sleeping badly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Personally my favourite is what is (for me) the best of both worlds: warm sunny days and reasonably cool nights. That was one reason I was so disappointed in the cold, wet May this year, as it's a month when you can get that combination quite often.

I am a little bit sad to see the end of "sitting outside" weather now, as a lazy hour or two in the garden with a cool drink is a real favourite and is obviously not something that really works in November! I quite like autumnal weather if it's the type that brings crisp frost, low sun and a slight but not extreme bite to the air. I'm much, much, much less keen on the kind that's gloomy and murky and dank and damp. Unfortunately that version is common!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

absolutely overjoyed to be finally getting this warm September weather out the way. by the end of September, I'm hungry for the chill, blustery showers, stormy days, waiting for hints of winter. 20+C can do one until April or May. liking the properly cool and autumnal weather opening October.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Morning! 

DE688C10-CD1F-4AA1-AD08-1C7AD7096510.thumb.jpeg.f22c83cf80408bdb06c7bc592f5088b0.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Well after a poor summer down here, September gave us a really nice top up of warmth and sun to see us through the shorter, gloomy days. Very happy as I was dreading this autumn / winter period at the end of August. 

Awoke to a very Autumnal morning, trees yielding in the wind and very dark. Not my favourite conditions, but much easier to cope with now! 

Hoping for a mainly bright and settled autumn and winter,  with the odd cold spell to make it interesting. Let's see what it brings. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

The first proper rainfall in quite some time. Apart from the odd drop or two here and there, it feels absolutely ages since the last time it has happened. The grass is starting to turn yellow so we could certainly do with the rain.