Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
On 22/09/2021 at 21:44, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I have a strong feeling that October is going to be a wet one too and possibly the first half of November, seeing as both August and September have been dry. Mother Nature always seems to balance things out eventually. Ie.. the very wet winter of 2019/20 followed by the very dry spring.

Noticed it last year too with a v dry 22 days of September then a switch easing into the deluge of October with 160 mm.

• Like 1

Posted

There's no "balancing it out" when it comes to weather. There's no grand old lady sitting in the clouds thinking "you know what, they've had it too good this month. Let's chuck a few storms their way to balance it out".

That's not how the climate works.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
On 22/09/2021 at 21:52, Seasonal Trim said:

There's no "balancing it out" when it comes to weather. There's no grand old lady sitting in the clouds thinking "you know what, they've had it too good this month. Let's chuck a few storms their way to balance it out".

Isn't there? Oh bugger, i always seek weather guidance from the 'grand old lady'

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
On 22/09/2021 at 22:06, damianslaw said:

Laugh out loud, BBC just shown a reporter dressed up as if it's a freezing night, with a big scarf on. My current temp is currently 15.2 degrees. It was to illustrate the likely hike in energy prices just as temperatures are turning cold.. you can tell the producers said quick put on a winter coat and big scarf!

One of the Points West presenters did the same a few days after the hot blip early in the month. Stood outside in what can only be described as a bottomless sleeping bag, just because the temperature had dropped from 29 degrees to 16 degrees. 

We're a soft bunch in the south!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
21 minutes ago, Seasonal Trim said:

You learn something new everyday. 

• Like 2

Posted

Media switch into winter mode it seems as soon as Autumn equinox arrives.. out come the scarves and thick coats for BBC reporters regardless of whether it is warmer than a July evening..  headlines do the same, same stories every year.. winter of woe etc ahead.. are we fools no! It's tiring and unhelpful! 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 4

Posted

Cloudy, cool and breezy this morning. Certainly autumn feeling.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

A lot of people think October will be very wet this year, and it probably will be but we're also surely due a nice October! The last 2 have been absolute rainfests lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Finally a lovely, sunny autumn day here, currently 20°C with a fresh SW’ly breeze, more please 

638714E8-A7F9-43A4-B617-9603C02CD46A.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
15 hours ago, Seasonal Trim said:

Obviously not....but we do seem to be in an extended period of feast and famine at the moment. A lot of months either seem to be very dry or very wet! Wouldn't surprise me if a wet October materialises.....though with the MJO projected to get moving again in early October, we could see a fine spell towards week 2/3.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

Cloudy, cool and breezy this morning. Certainly autumn feeling.

Feels more like August to me ... LOL

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I am looking forward to the change in conditions from Monday onwards. It is after all autumn. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Obviously not....but we do seem to be in an extended period of feast and famine at the moment. A lot of months either seem to be very dry or very wet! Wouldn't surprise me if a wet October materialises.....though with the MJO projected to get moving again in early October, we could see a fine spell towards week 2/3.

There has certainly been an awful lot of blocking patterns this year. I think that if the weather was mixed around a bit more then many of us would be happy. But then, the moans thread wouldn't be as interesting to read would it? 

• Like 1

Posted
On 23/09/2021 at 13:42, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Feels more like August to me ... LOL

Thank goodness I wasn't where you are in August then lol!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Here is a ramp for you . Some resorts putting snow cannons out early on the local ski- mountains. Yes, in the knowledge of advanced warning of  early pre -season cold spells.

C

242686218_4685624761469287_497416578372243509_n.jpg

242596524_4685624434802653_457735302460365646_n.jpg

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
54 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Thank goodness I wasn't where you are in August then lol!

CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'll be very surprised if September doesn't come out sunnier than August at nearby Waddington.  Not that difficult, mind, but it seems to have been a fairly sunny September so far here, as well as a very warm one.

Posted

One last blast of summer for this weekend. Temps around 21/22. Give the old shorts a final fling Sunday afternoon up the pub.  All change Sunday night and looks like Autumn finally pays us a visit next week with a few blasts of wind and rain interspersed with some sunnier spells. 

• Like 1

Posted
On 23/09/2021 at 22:40, damianslaw said:

September 2021 the month with no oomph!..

If unsettled is your thing, I think the only month that’s had oomph this year is May!

Posted
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

If unsettled is your thing, I think the only month that’s had oomph this year is May!

Yes unusually May which is often our most blocked quiet non Atlantic month has been our most consistently unsettled. March here was also mostly unsettled until months end.

I've not known a September with barely any active frontal Atlantic activity. It's been very dry here and absolutely no wind to speak of so far. Sunday night should finally bring an active cold front and hopefully some much needed rain. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD

Don't you remember Tuesday 17th August? There was a sunny interval for about 23 minutes.....

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Don't you remember Tuesday 17th August? There was a sunny interval for about 23 minutes.....

Oh bugger sorry!! LOLOL

• Like 2