Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
13 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Mince pies are the food of the devil, devoured in winter by fat blokes with beards

I like mince pies, but not until November time. I also enjoy Christmas pudding, but it is rich.

• Like 2

Posted
12 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Tomorrow quite probably last day of the lingering summer feeling for many, low 20s maxima, sunshine, light winds and dry weather. light is rapidly diminishing now, and that in itself snatches away any last lingering vestige of summer. Come Sunday many will be under grey cloud and possible heavy rain temps back firmly in the teens.

The new week looks like being one that brings a significant change in phyche, promise of much cooler and unsettled conditions, and some wind - gosh its been so calm for so long forgot what any wind feels like.. Autumn is finally on its way! 

Yeah, the daytime maxes will start to drop below 21c regularly from the coming week. 

Currently enjoying this warm period with lovely sunny weather. Would also like some Indian summer weather in October if possible, even though by then it feels like autumn even if it hits 20c.

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, Tamara said:

it certainly doesn't change the psyche whatsoever where I live . Thankfully I am 1200 miles way from the UK's descent into chilly grey awfulness and it is still very much like summer despite the fact that the sun is equally setting distinctly earlier and indeed now not rising till after 7am.  Autumn is very much on its way, but the lingering summer feeling very much remains☀️

We usually have a holiday in Spain during September, so for me, it always feels like the height of summer still.

I can imagine the autumn feeling arrives in Spain during October or early November. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Another fantastic Autumnal Saturday, once again the best season of the year proves its point. The light levels earlier just coming through my garden trees was magical. That drop in Sun attitude really makes a difference, no summer harshness, mellow shapes and shadows appear. We are being spoilt this season for a change!

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

We usually have a holiday in Spain during September, so for me, it always feels like the height of summer still.

I can imagine the autumn feeling arrives in Spain during October or early November. 

We do that too. We holiday in Majorca usually mid/late September. Although not this year due to the rona.

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

We do that too. We holiday in Majorca usually mid/late September. Although not this year due to the rona.

Last time we were out there was in September 2019. We went to a Spanish village town about 10 miles east of Malaga. Was predominately a Spanish speaking area, which made it feel more authentic. 

2021 was another year of putting off a holiday abroad. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Alderc said:

It’s another cracking day, 23C down and possibly a 25C up near London today I would think. September is just embarrassing August at the moment.

This is the weather we should have had during July and august, instead of just a handful of days during those 2 months.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
16 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

so let us enjoy the nice warm weather this September has to offer,  before talk of mulled wine and that fat bloke with a beard who drops presents down chimneys.

Was one of your late distant relatives named Scrooge by any chance?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
35 minutes ago, Alderc said:

It’s another cracking day, 23C down and possibly a 25C up near London today I would think. September is just embarrassing August at the moment.

It canna be that often we see a 23C-Day, in late September, result in a possible decline in the month's CET?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Same here, we go to SE Spain (near Murcia) and September is still proper summer there, gorgeous Starts changing late in the month with thundery weather before the cool down begins in October 

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Same here, we go to SE Spain (near Murcia) and September is still proper summer there, gorgeous Starts changing late in the month with thundery weather before the cool down begins in October 

You’re right about the storms. Most years when we go, there’s been an overnight storm or a morning one, but they usually blow over, followed by more sunny warm days. The evenings can still feel quite warm or even hot. 

Our last visit was the Malaga like I mentioned earlier. Murcia is very nice.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Absolutely beautiful day, I wore a summer dress, and coincidentally two people on separate occasions stopped me to say how nice my dress looked This is a good day, happy Autumn everyone, make sure you enjoy tomorrow's rain too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Alderc said:

24.5C Here. Totally epic day! I always said we needed to get through August and just wait for September to deliver the goods!

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

24.5C Here. Totally epic day! I always said we needed to get through August and just wait for September to deliver the goods!

In some ways it’s a shame it’s happened like this, as the evenings are much darker now.

If this was a month ago, it would only be getting dark right now. 

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely warm sunny day, 23C locally, looks like Heathrow bagged a 25C.

If it were spring we'd be changing the clocks tonight. The last weekend in March a few days after the equinox is roughly equivalent to this weekend a few days before the equinox in September.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, audiotech said:

Lovely warm sunny day, 23C locally, looks like Heathrow bagged a 25C.

If it were spring we'd be changing the clocks tonight. The last weekend in March a few days after the equinox is roughly equivalent to this weekend a few days before the equinox in September.

It’s a pity we are heading in the wrong direction. I’m dreading the darkness,  but will probably get used to it in the next few weeks.

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Mean September max to yesterday was running at 22.6C here, 23.6C at Heathrow both almost identical to July avg max. Pretty impressive. 

The nights have been warmish, but not oppressive. That’s probably due to the recent warm days. 

Nights will become colder this week though. Might be time to start putting the heating on again.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Seasonal Trim said:

For those who are interested, Gavs third Winter update is available.

Very interesting indeed. Especially in regards to zonal winds for Autumn/Winter.

Yes, a good update!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Starting to get fed up with high pressure now. I want some autumnal weather. 

I very much appreciated it during the summer. But it's now autumn's turn.

On the other hand, high pressure can stay as long as it delivers some widespread cold misty nights and mornings. Those are lovely at this time of the year.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Seasonal Trim said:

For those who are interested, Gavs third Winter update is available.

Very interesting indeed. Especially in regards to zonal winds for Autumn/Winter.

I’m not a mild winter fan, but we probably need one, with the gas prices taking a hike. A cold winter will definitely cause major problems for poorer households.

• Like 6