Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Magnificent September weather, perfect for golfing. Light winds, low 20s but still high teens DPs, so great for staying flexible etc. Have played 5 times in the last 7days and not even feeling tired. 

You and me are happy for the first time this year LOL! All seasonal for a change.

• Like 1

Posted

So a front that until a few days ago looked set to move right across the country tomorrow is barely going to get in at all before decaying then possibly reinvigorating Saturday night.

A sign for the season(s) ahead? And so much focus right now is on the arrival of Autumn proper at the end of next week. Can’t look beyond T96 really can we!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

No complaints here,warm and mainly sunny.We have probably had more 'Summery' weather so far in September than we had the whole of August.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Interesting stat from my location:

First 15 days average:

Jun: 16.8°C
Jul:  17°C
Aug:  16.8°C
Sep: 17.6°C

Currently running 2.9°C above the Met Office derived average for here.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Mixed feelings about this autumnal turn. Quite enjoy the lengthening shadows brought by benign weather at this time of year but I was also yearning for something that confirmed the seasons were changing.

At least Monday looks nice here - could be the last decent day we see here - and it’s an Edinburgh public holiday so I’m off work!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

Here comes Autumn

image.thumb.png.c07ac40159fdd5dfc1bc8ae0e40025b5.png

I know some like hot, some like cold. But wtf is enjoyable about trying to enjoy yourself in lashing down rain and 70mph winds. Can’t do outdoors sports, hill walking, golf. Makes going to a few pubs rubbish….just ugh…

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

I know some like hot, some like cold. But wtf is enjoyable about trying to enjoy yourself in lashing down rain and 70mph winds. Can’t do outdoors sports, hill walking, golf. Makes going to a few pubs rubbish….just ugh…

Yeah, I dont get why benign and September seems to be such a dirty phrase on here...plenty of time for crap windy weather further into autumn...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 hour ago, Wynn D Woo said:

Yeah, I dont get why benign and September seems to be such a dirty phrase on here...plenty of time for crap windy weather further into autumn...

…and into winter and early spring. Basically October to mid/late March is a write off really. Ample opportunity to ‘enjoy’ umpteen cold, miserable wet and windy days. I can hardly wait

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
9 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

…and into winter and early spring. Basically October to mid/late March is a write off really. Ample opportunity to ‘enjoy’ umpteen cold, miserable wet and windy days. I can hardly wait

GFS feel is wrong, but a few disappointed bods if it is correct! I won't be one of them, benign/settled rules!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

As it was my birthday on Sunday, my wife and I travelled down to Weston-super-Mare thst day and stayed at a hotel near the front until yesterday. We were extremely fortunate with the weather as it was dry every day with lots of sunshine and it felt very warwhen sheltered from a moderate breeze. We had rain one night, but we were asleep and so it did not affect us. The weather was certainly much better than at home and a lot better than a long weekend break we had in Norfolk, near Hemsby, in early August during which we endured heavy rain every day.

• Like 1

Posted

7.30 and its nearly dark. I do love this time of year. The dark evenings, hopefully with some frost and fog thrown in. It really is a magical time of year. (Not for everyone, I know)

Edit: 500th post! Taken me nearly 10 years on the forum!

Edited by Seasonal Trim
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
3 hours ago, Alderc said:

I think it's because it's something different and it makes a change to the very benign conditions we have been having for weeks now (this is after all a forum for weather enthusiasts). Whilst I enjoy warm summery weather as much as anybody does, as an autumn lover I do start to get bored of somewhat summery conditions once the equinox arrives. Though having said that, I don't want the wet and windy conditions to last for so long either as that too will get boring after some time. Having some calm sunny days (but not warm) accompanied by cold frosty nights and thick foggy mornings added to the mix is what I'm longing for the most. I just want a variety. No more blocking patterns.

To answer your question about how it's enjoyable. As the old saying goes, there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Has been a lovely pleasant evening until the chill came in about 7pm with the low September sunset, was great to see, a still evening this time of year is quite refreshing! 

Posted

I don’t know if anyone on here listens to Steve Allen on LBC between 4am and 7am on weekdays. 

I listen to his show when I get up at 5am, and always find him quite witty. But, there’s one minor issue I have with him.

As soon as midsummers day is over, he starts prattling on about bloody ‘mince pies in the supermarket in September’, or ‘Christmas department will be opening in august’. And to annoy me even more, he keeps banging on about the cold and frost.

For crying out loud! We didn’t have much of a summer, so let us enjoy the nice warm weather this September has to offer,  before talk of mulled wine and that fat bloke with a beard who drops presents down chimneys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I don’t know if anyone on here listens to Steve Allen on LBC between 4am and 7am on weekdays. 

I listen to his show when I get up at 5am, and always find him quite witty. But, there’s one minor issue I have with him.

As soon as midsummers day is over, he starts prattling on about bloody ‘mince pies in the supermarket in September’, or ‘Christmas department will be opening in august’. And to annoy me even more, he keeps banging on about the cold and frost.

For crying out loud! We didn’t have much of a summer, so let us enjoy the nice warm weather this September has to offer,  before talk of mulled wine and that fat bloke with a beard who drops presents down chimneys.

Iceland's are the best!:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
On 17/09/2021 at 21:52, Sunny76 said:

Mince pies are the food of the devil, devoured in winter by fat blokes with beards

Posted

Tomorrow quite probably last day of the lingering summer feeling for many, low 20s maxima, sunshine, light winds and dry weather. light is rapidly diminishing now, and that in itself snatches away any last lingering vestige of summer. Come Sunday many will be under grey cloud and possible heavy rain temps back firmly in the teens.

The new week looks like being one that brings a significant change in phyche, promise of much cooler and unsettled conditions, and some wind - gosh its been so calm for so long forgot what any wind feels like.. Autumn is finally on its way! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

im coming home for 10 days on monday ...was hoping a little bit of summer could hang on as Autumn started here a month ago...and winter is only a month away

• Like 1

Posted
On 17/09/2021 at 23:43, cheeky_monkey said:

im coming home for 10 days on monday ...was hoping a little bit of summer could hang on as Autumn started here a month ago...and winter is only a month away

Whilst ure back in the UK, will you still gives us an update on how the weather is in north america?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
49 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Whilst ure back in the UK, will you still gives us an update on how the weather is in north america?  

probably wont be on here much when im away

• Like 1

Posted

What a beautiful september morning, 18c already, perfect day to finish the new garden fence,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
12 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Iceland's are the best!:santa-emoji:

Marks & Spencer’s are pretty good, too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Could’ve been ‘interesting’ if it was January, oh well 

E47F130E-AE79-45E2-A0D8-C19F9824DE4E.png

• Like 1