Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

More or less what had been forecast here today, just over 4mm. Fairly typical Autumn weather but still quite humid!

Posted

mmm... I'll settle into my September sleep mode now as we enter second half of the month, wake me up when October starts.. I find this time of year very trying.. can't be enthusiastic about the weather prospects, because often it is very benign and has no oomph or conviction about it, unless we have an early storm. If September was a colour it would be beige..

January - Blue

February - Grey/White

March - Yellow

April - Lime

May - Green

June - Orange

July - Red

August - Russet - dusky Pink/Red

September - Beige

October - Gold

November - Brown

December - Black or White

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Should the anticyclone transpire next week as those in the model thread are suggesting, I hope it delivers reasonable amounts of sunshine this time. As opposed to the dreary August.

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Should the anticyclone transpire next week as those in the model thread are suggesting, I hope it delivers reasonable amounts of sunshine this time. As opposed to the dreary August.

I had read somewhere it wasn't and it was meant to be a repeat of the cloud. Unfortunately!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
21 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I had read somewhere it wasn't and it was meant to be a repeat of the cloud. Unfortunately!

Very hard to say at this stage...though if you believe the latest 6z GFS run then the couple of days that it builds in for are mainly clear. Depends if the winds are more north or south of east really.

image.thumb.png.a4a615b02bed8f8d3588480eb399e9ee.pngimage.thumb.png.6a61b1e3c76ca4f2c06f7f466bf0837d.png

Big difference this time is the high is centred to the east and not the west though, which should mean less cloud entrained. The high a couple of weeks back had a lot of moisture as the air circulated over the sea:

image.thumb.png.69fbfa53a3088a9b888dced96b9daaf6.png

Edited by mb018538
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What a lovely day. Sunny spells and slight warmth are a perfect combination at this time of year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Nick L said:

What a lovely day. Sunny spells and slight warmth are a perfect combination at this time of year.

I was thinking this earlier! It's not too hot to be really summery but it's warm enough to be - well warm and not feeling too cold! I'm sure it will start to take a dip soon though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely afternoon now, if a little hazy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

This is what a Autumns day should be like. Literally perfect in every aspect.The contrast to a  week ago is massive.

• Like 3

Posted

Much nicer feel today, with clear blue skies.

There's definitely a more autumnal feel to things now compared to a week ago. It feels fresher in the mornings.

If it stays like this for a couple of weeks, I'll be very happy, despite the darker mornings and evenings.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
3 hours ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

Overnight low of 10.8c, GFS hinting at single figure temps to the middle of next week.

Stunning Autumnal mist in the back paddock at 06:30 this morning

Loving seeing the return of single figure minima on the horizon!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Would like if we got some northerly airflow later this month. Would certainly feel nice and autumnal and more importantly bring down the sept cet. Dont want a warm  sept cet,and a September cet in the 16s for example has never been followed by a decent winter for those who want cold.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 2

Posted

Oooh me loves this weather! It is very Septemberish! Lots of misty around this morning. So Septembery! I came home from school and dawdled taking pictures of the mist and the spiders webs and pretty flowers around. Aaaaah!! Totally feels like early Autumn now.

• Like 6

Posted
16 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Hope GFS is correct on some polar maritime shots next few weeks, it's been a very tiring past 3 and a half months, no heat likely now until next Summer, Oct to May best time of year by far.

Yes an injection of polar air would certainly blast any late summer feeling. Come the equinox I'm in full autumn mode and summer is a distant memory..

• Like 4

Posted

Went for my normal lunch break walk, and it felt quite chilly in the shade. Liking the potential  in FI for some wet and windy weather. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A lovely afternoon here. Just what September should be like!

• Like 3

Magnificent September weather, perfect for golfing. Light winds, low 20s but still high teens DPs, so great for staying flexible etc. Have played 5 times in the last 7days and not even feeling tired. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Lovely day round these parts, warm sunshine, sat outside work in a t-shirt on my break, might get an hour after work to sit and enjoy it,

• Like 2