Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Far better day than forecast in this area, perfect condition's for outside activities. Great Autumnal Sunday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Went for a lovely 12mile walk with the dogs this morning, Autumn is really noticeable here with Berry's ripening and leaves dropping covering the paths in the woodland And light levels dropping dramatically.. Light rain since 1pm but has eased of temporarily for now looking at the Radar. Temp 12c

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
On 10/09/2021 at 18:42, markyo said:

The prospect of that cooler fresher air brings joy to ones heart...been one heck of a knackering week, weather really does have a impact on your daily life

Had a lazy sunday today after seeing all the animals and slept for most of it very deeply catching up on all of the broken sleep of last week Feeling much better for it this evening.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Nick L said:

As mentioned above, when was the last time we had a properly rainy day? As in frontal rainfall rather than localised deluges?

It must be months. It seems as though most of our rainfall comes from sporadic convective events as opposed to regular, steady rainfall recently.

this Tues on GFS, what the hell is that! hope it's wrong

Posted

A great day's weather for fell walking - couldn't fault it in any way. We've lost of humidity of the last week, and it feels more autumnal. Lots of Rowan berries ripened, blackberries, bracken turning golden, some leaves turning red and yellow, light levels with the unmistable September edge to them.

I'm now ready for Autumn!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Not much going on from a meterological perspective, but from a personal perspective it has been a pleasant enough early autumn day over here. The humidity we had late last week has cleared now, top temp of 18 Celsius, mostly cloudy and a light breeze. Fairly acceptable conditions for the time of year. ?️

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted

Temp scrapped in at 22c this afternoon again. No sun but warm enough to still do stuff outside. So was happy enough too. Prepping the garden for the garden men to come next year to do work for us. I need ... but don't want ... a shed! Fence putting up and mending and a rustic brick path going in!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Anyone else getting a bad dose of SAD this year? If so, I'm guessing that September sunshine just isn't strong enough to counter the effects of a horribly cloudy August?

It must be great for those who have reverse-SAD, though: you must be dancing on the ceiling!

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Anyone else getting a bad dose of SAD this year? If so, I'm guessing that September sunshine just isn't strong enough to counter the effects of a horribly cloudy August?

It must be great for those who have reverse-SAD, though: you must be dancing on the ceiling!

Yes. Although tbh it has been bad for me all summer really due to the cloud in the South, I perked up around mid July in the end and was ok for most of August despite the cloud. But the past week I have been feeling wobbly. Saturday was really good as it was sunny and cloud and I was outside all day. Yesterday I started a wobble and this morning I opened my eyes saw the cloud and groaned. Just feels never ending.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Thankfully no, but summer here has been much sunnier than in my UK hometown and September has been lovely, so far. Anyone with reverse SAD in the UK definitely lives in one of the best climates in the world for the condition, with the year-round tendency for cloudiness.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Not at all happy with tomorrow's forecast for the Midlands! Particularly because even 24 hours ago it didn't look like being even half as bad, and 48 hours ago it looked like sunshine and a few showers at worst. I have a free day and was planning to head out somewhere, but that's completely out now. I appreciate this is nothing but a moan, but that's one reason this thread is here!

The annoying thing is that I'd decided not to go today (I could have shifted things around and had the free day today instead), yet today is just grey with light showers and would actually have been much better. Argh!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
10 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

I wouldn't say that I get depressed, but countless cloudy nothingness days do certainly get boring. And today is yet another one of those days. What has often been the case this year is that a middle ground has been hard to come by. It's either been scorching hot and sunny or overcast nothingness. More 20 Celsius partly cloudy or sunny days would be nice.

In fact, I'd be more than happy to see some proper frontal rainfall at the moment. Even that has been hard to come by just lately.

I just want some weather, whatever it may be.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
11 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

I like autumn and winter as It gives me an excuse to be even more a hermit, i like the dark nights,  I like the interesting weather when we get it like the windstorms, heavy rain and snow (rare for Exeter)  But i've a feeling those of us in the south will feel it more this autumn and winter as we didn't get a good summer, lets hope we get a warm autumn and then a stormy winter to make up for it 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

It's been an excellent September here so far. Most days in the 25-28C range and still warm enough to wear shorts in the evening. No rain since the 1st either (which was leftovers from the crappy end to August).

The mosquitoes are finally buggering off too. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Certainly feels Autumnal now, dark by 7.30, chestnuts ripening, plenty of blackberry picking, no need for the fan on this week.

Will certainly be weird this weekend as off to IOW festival which is normally in June but postponed to this weekend due to COVID will certainly be odd!

• Like 1

Posted

Not a great feeling, as I step out the door at 5.45 in pitch black darkness, and the make it worse it’s raining.

A cool dry clear autumn day would be fine, but not this muck. I know we need the rain sometimes though.

Summer 2021 is over and done with. Good riddance! You were awful.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Autumnal feeling morning. Grey, damp after overnight rain, and 13 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well, I've got my rainy day! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Up to 11mm of rain here now since the heavens opened this morning! Still tipping it down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

image.thumb.png.af79516a017f2e6f26de7a44fad66ded.png

Doesn't look like this chart should be producing the day that we're currently having! Soon be up to 20mm for the day here. Currently the heaviest it's been in the nearly 4 hours we've had. Seriously hosing it down under a large red radar echo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

25°C and sunny here, perfect September day  

• Like 3

Posted

First proper rainy day in a little while over here. Must admit, the rain is needed and it is a very soothing sound. After countless days of nothingness, it's nice to have some weather for once. 

Still hoping for some pleasant sunny days with cool misty nights/mornings though! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The Met Office dropped a real clanger with that warning update this morning. It has to be one of the worst I've seen?! Very strange decision..