Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Nothing really happening today in my neck of the woods; no thunderstorms, no fog, no showers... nothing. Just another boring cloudy day.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Some weak storms have been passing to the south and east of Lincoln this afternoon, but not near enough for me to hear any thunder from them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

The prospect of that cooler fresher air brings joy to ones heart...been one heck of a knackering week, weather really does have a impact on your daily life

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
On 10/09/2021 at 18:42, markyo said:

The prospect of that cooler fresher air brings joy to ones heart...been one heck of a knackering week, weather really does have a impact on your daily life

Yes it's been a good summer for farmers round here, Including myself as I've a bit of a small holding here now and all my work is outside and always had been.. But I have always said to myself 'you can always warm up, But not cool down' when working outside. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
On 09/09/2021 at 11:18, Ross90 said:

Was there not talk of doing away with going back/forward an hour and every country was expected to stick to one after this year, what happened to that?

Seem to remember that it was tried out in the late 60 s/ early 70s. It wasn't that popular, especially in Scotland, where it didn't get light until about 9am . The kids were going to school in the dark. 

Edited by 78/79
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

Seem to remember that it was tried out in the late 60 s/ early 70s. It wasn't that popular, especially in Scotland, where it didn't get light until about 9am . The kids were going to school in the dark. 

Aye, mate, I remember it well. I was in Royal Tunbridge Wells back then (1969-70), and being able to walk home from school seeing snow falling in daylight was a real treat! But, it wisnae popular. Maybe the best compromise would be putting the clocks forward in late February? Why wait until after the Spring Equinox, for Gawd's sake?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

We did end up getting a shortlived and fairly light shower in the end. No thunderstorms though but oh well. I suppose there's always next May onwards. In the meantime, I am ready for some pleasantly warm sunny days accompanied by cool foggy nights and mornings now, perhaps along with the first frost of the season too.  ☀️ ?️ 

On the whole, it hasn't been the most interesting of days weather wise, but it has been pleasant at times whenever the sun came out. Fairly humid, but that will soon pass from the beginning of next week.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted

A very nice Autumnal day, much fresher, much more comfortable, not bad at all. Autumn is settling in now, the best season has arrived properly at last!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

A very nice Autumnal day, much fresher, much more comfortable, not bad at all. Autumn is settling in now, the best season has arrived properly at last!

There's still time to hide behind the sofa... 

ukmaxtemp.png

Posted
5 minutes ago, MP-R said:

There's still time to hide behind the sofa... 

ukmaxtemp.png

Your futile attempts to scare me won't work...................

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

I'll say it again as I say every September 'Wake me up when September ends'.. least interesting month weatherwise in my opinion.. zzz...

It's definately a no mans land between Autumn getting going and summer ending!

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Fair day here. Broken clouds. Sunny spells. This is actually THREE nice Saturday's in a row. What on earth is going on! 

Winters coming and summers gone ...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Winters coming and summers gone ...

Amen to that!   

97444F06-84D2-4F96-A17B-0D364F719364.thumb.gif.e4a534df4ddca41b26f064c70369a3aa.gif

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

I'll say it again as I say every September 'Wake me up when September ends'.. least interesting month weatherwise in my opinion.. zzz...

Not really. The start of this week was excellent and many have had thunderstorms since.

If anything August has been the most boring. Just bland and benign.

• Like 4

Posted
52 minutes ago, markyo said:

Your futile attempts to scare me won't work...................

Blame the GFS not me... ??‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Where on earth did this come from? Woke up today and both forecasts I looked at said overcast all day and as I'm sat here in the garden, approaching 16:30, it will have been 4 hours of almost unbroken sunshine! Love when you get a pleasant surprise like that out of the blue

• Thanks 1

Posted
7 hours ago, SunSean said:

Where on earth did this come from? Woke up today and both forecasts I looked at said overcast all day and as I'm sat here in the garden, approaching 16:30, it will have been 4 hours of almost unbroken sunshine! Love when you get a pleasant surprise like that out of the blue

Cloudy and sun here, IT was gorgeous. 22c and not too hot to get things done in the garden. Got the chickens cleaned out and free ranging. Then unearthed some potatoes and pottered around tidying up by the veggie patch. all good!!

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Josh Rubio said:

Personally I can’t wait for the ‘nothingness’ of still weather to go away. It seems absolutely ages since we’ve had some proper rain here too. Need some wind to blow away the cobwebs, too. 

We did have a proper rainfall at some point during August, but that's about it for my neck of the woods. Other times it has rained have just ended up being shortlived very light showers.

There has been far too many blocking patterns for my liking this year; it has either been dry for weeks on end or wet for weeks on end. I think someone needs to get our weather, put it into a bottle and give it a good shake to mix it all up a bit. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

We did have a proper rainfall at some point during August, but that's about it for my neck of the woods. Other times it has rained have just ended up being shortlived very light showers.

There has been far too many blocking patterns for my liking this year; it has either been dry for weeks on end or wet for weeks on end. I think someone needs to get our weather, put it into a bottle and give it a good shake to mix it all up a bit. 

I know many dismiss the influence of the solar cycle, but I do think there is some correlation to blocking spells and point of/coming out of solar cycle, last time we had strong blocked episodes was in the last low solar cycle (2008-2010 roughly).. lengthy meridional flow, which we have been in since December. Look how sluggish the jet stream is now, despite cold pooling to the NW which normally fuels it, instead it is splitting in bits, and no oomph at all. At this time of year is should be stirring significantly.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

As mentioned above, when was the last time we had a properly rainy day? As in frontal rainfall rather than localised deluges?

It must be months. It seems as though most of our rainfall comes from sporadic convective events as opposed to regular, steady rainfall recently.

• Like 1

Posted
On 12/09/2021 at 15:35, Nick L said:

As mentioned above, when was the last time we had a properly rainy day? As in frontal rainfall rather than localised deluges?

It must be months. It seems as though most of our rainfall comes from sporadic convective events as opposed to regular, steady rainfall recently.

The most we’ve had is a few light showers or a bit of drizzle. Can’t remember the last time we’ve had a proper rain day. Just seems to be endless cloudy days mixed in with a bit of sunshine from time to time. 

High pressure can do one now. I’d gladly welcome the Atlantic in at this point. 

• Like 2