Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well didn't quite make the magic 30 today, so I still have yet to record it in a September, but very close at 29.7... which makes it my highest ever recorded September temperature, beating 29.4 on 04th September 2013.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
1 hour ago, hillbilly said:

He didnt say it was a preferance,he said it was 't was 'too hot'.Sure if you are doing hard manual work outside many would prefer 18 to 22 deg and sunny against 25 +deg although it doesnt bother me.The point is how can you moan about a handful of days even if you dont like heat when we have only had  2 hot weeks out of the entire summer.I also think in this country many dont like the heat simply because we are not used to it .

It's been the hottest summer on record in parts of Scotland. Personally I don't enjoy working in anything above 20c either and mines is a mix of indoor and outdoor work.

If it's cold the heating or extra layers go on, if it's uncomfortably hot well there's not much people can do about it short of buying an ac.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
35 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Well as good as the weather is today so proper payback in store for the later part of the weekend and early next week, not overly wet but more muck from the north east and temps struggling to get past 13/14C at times….

Surely not unless you are on the NE coast? Just booked my week off "at least it will be dry" 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Still sat in the garden at nearly 9pm in a t-shirt, what lovely evening after a fantastic warm day on the east coast,

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Whilst I don't mind this current spell, I have often wondered why people automatically assume that just because you aren't a fan of the heat then you aren't a fan of the sun either. It doesn't have to be hot for it to be sunny.

On the flip side it can be minus 4 and sunny. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Well as good as the weather is today so proper payback in store for the later part of the weekend and early next week, not overly wet but more muck from the north east and temps struggling to get past 13/14C at times….

Back to the usual s***e

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

According to XC weather its still 28C at Gloucestershire Airport at 21:50. If this is not a malfunction then it must feel like Cyprus in mid July round there in pitch black aswell. 

• Like 1

Posted
On 07/09/2021 at 21:54, 38.7°C said:

According to XC weather its still 28C at Gloucestershire Airport at 21:50. If this is not a malfunction then it must feel like Cyprus in mid July round there in pitch black aswell. 

It's reading the temperature at 6:50pm. That would be crazy though if it were real. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

The Gloucester station gets stuck at 6pm ish….

Official max of 28.1C here which very very good for the second week of September.

I always think if you get to sunset and the temps still in the 23-25C range (was 24C at sunset) your usually bordering on an exceptional evening. That’s true from the longest day through about now when there’s only a really about a 3 month window for that to occur. 

Posted

Maxed out at 30.7c here. Absolutely glorious and long over due! Didn't feel that hot either without the high humidity. Love it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Made it to 28.2 °C here, the warmest day since the 29.9 °C I recorded on 22nd July! Not absolutely unprecedented, as I can remember several very warm and sunny first weeks of September, but a striking contrast to most of August. Even more so in that after a bit of early mist lifted it was blue skies all the way.

I was enjoying a day out in Ludlow today, and in the end I walked around 16,000 steps, not bad going by my standards considering it's a pretty hilly town. However, as I had no formal commitments, could stop for an ice cream etc whenever I wanted, and was in T-shirt and shorts, I didn't find it especially hard going. I think I might have done in midsummer with a really intense sun.

Summer's last gasp tomorrow, perhaps. I shall enjoy that as well. As for autumn, I hope it's a sunny one. Later in the season at least, a frosty, sunny morning is something I really enjoy walking in. I just don't want days on end of 12 °C murk. I will never enjoy that.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
6 hours ago, Mapantz said:

The problem is, there's a ring leader on both sides that posts in such a way that it will bait the opposing side in to replying, and then the bickering starts again. They're not interested in posting anything worth reading, because its the same repetitive lines.

Year after year, it's the same members involved, and quite frankly, its pathetic.

That's partly what makes this forum so entertaining to read, especially during hot spells and cold snaps. I am looking forward to the winter; must remember to have my popcorn at the ready this time. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.

Jeez it's warm, and I see no chance of getting any decent sleep tonight.  If only it was around 4-5 degrees cooler it would be so much more pleasant.  Temps around 24-25 by day, 13-14 by night I can deal with but this...

Posted

I think we might get some storms from this mini hot spell. 

Definitely the last blast of heat for 2021, and even if we get another warm spell in late September or early October, the autumn feeling will be well and truly with us by then. 

At the moment though, it still feels like summer, apart from the daylight rapidly fading. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
22 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

At the moment though, it still feels like summer

Not finding the sun has that sting in it that high summer brings which for folk like myself makes it a bit more bearable!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Quite possibly the last hot day for 7-8 months today, so I will fully enjoy it! Golf after work before we slide back to normal...

• Like 2

Posted

After 27.5C yesterday it's not been below 20C all night here, 23.6C at midnight. A warm gusty breeze blowing. Lowest temp 20.2C.

Probably will go below 20C during the morning though.

Clouding over now, storms about but will probably miss here/die into a wet mess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Unusually oppressive night for September. Not pleasant.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
6 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Hope everyone got their top-up of Vitamin D, because that's it until April at least!

Enjoy the dark months everyone:)

I'm loving the lowering of the sun in the sky, day by day. We're lucky to live in a location that experiences such rapid changes in the seasons like that, in my opinion.

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I'm loving the lowering of the sun in the sky, day by day. We're lucky to live in a location that experiences such rapid changes in the seasons like that, in my opinion.

Even I can appreciate the changing of the seasons - I just hope Autumn/Winter is seasonal!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Hope everyone got their top-up of Vitamin D, because that's it until April at least!

Enjoy the dark months everyone:)

March can sometimes surprise us and be pretty good, so hopefully we will only have to wait til then. Even sooner if we get a February like 2019 haha. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
37 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Even I can appreciate the changing of the seasons - I just hope Autumn/Winter is seasonal!

Yes seasonality is crucial. Otherwise it’s just a bore fest!

Cloudier today so my hopes of a final vitamin d top up today might be dashed.

• Like 2