Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

B3E21FA2-A8D0-453F-B503-BE8FCC83E2FD.thumb.jpeg.6ca403d05e3491c6e36ba49af2fe8e81.jpeg

Top of the tree here today at 29c, and boy it feels like it! ☀️ 

A good 2c above what was forecast. Arpege only had 25c max here on today’s run….unusual for it to be so far off!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Thoroughly pleasant feeling day, no oppresiveness to the heat like you get in midsummer. Longer nights lead to more pleasantly cooler evenings too. Got me hungering to be by the sea 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
5 minutes ago, LetItSnow! said:

Thoroughly pleasant feeling day, no oppresiveness to the heat like you get in midsummer. Longer nights lead to more pleasantly cooler evenings too. Got me hungering to be by the sea 

Night times this week are expected to be around 19C across much of England which won't be pleasant and will still be 23C at 10pm in some spots which was just as warm as some nights during the July heatwave, if not warmer.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
25 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

Night times this week are expected to be around 19C across much of England which won't be pleasant and will still be 23C at 10pm in some spots which was just as warm as some nights during the July heatwave, if not warmer.  

Matched the highest dewpoint of the year here today. The only difference between now and the July heatwave is the sun strength (and clearness of the sky which was of course much better then), therefore the maxima are slightly lower as expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
On 06/09/2021 at 16:48, mb018538 said:

B3E21FA2-A8D0-453F-B503-BE8FCC83E2FD.thumb.jpeg.6ca403d05e3491c6e36ba49af2fe8e81.jpeg

Top of the tree here today at 29c, and boy it feels like it! ☀️ 

A good 2c above what was forecast. Arpege only had 25c max here on today’s run….unusual for it to be so far off!

Arpege now predicting 29c tomorrow and Wednesday over central parts. 30c looks very possible in this part of the world.

I do wonder whether cloud amounts were the reason for the lower predictions. High cloud in set ups like this can be a little harder to predict as this sometimes is stubborn and sometimes breaks up.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Fair to say today was at the very top of the comfortable scale for many, suspect strongly that come Thursday most will be glad of the change to much cooler conditions. Working in these temps really makes a difference, lot harder and a lot more draining.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

A little on the muggy side, but this spell is still a lot more comfortable than the one we had back in July, particularly as we aren't getting as much power from the sun. Overall, quite a nice day and much of the same tommorow and Wednesday before a cool down from Thursday. After the very mundane August we have just had, I am certainly not going to complain about just 3 days of a last minute hot spell.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
1 hour ago, LetItSnow! said:

Me too, it feels coastal

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dubmuffin said:

Me too, it feels coastal

Lol if you don’t like the warmth I wouldn’t come down here, dew points were over 20C at one point today. 

Makes you laugh, with max temps of 20-22C Tokyo is currently under a ‘cool’ condition advisory, the first one issued since January 2018. Some here would still find those temps a struggle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
11 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Lol if you don’t like the warmth I wouldn’t come down here, dew points were over 20C at one point today. 

I love it, been a long wait. Just a shame I can get near the sea until next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
9 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Makes you laugh, with max temps of 20-22C Tokyo is currently under a ‘cool’ condition advisory, the first one issued since January 2018. Some here would still find those temps a struggle

Its not a struggle mate for anyone, its a preference. We are all different, nothing to laugh about surely?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I couldnt really give a damn what temperature it is,sunny and warm or sunny and hot is better than 14 deg ,dull with showers or drizzle.We are blessed with a mild climate ,how would people here cope with 40+deg for weeks on end like most continental areas,a handful of days at high twenties would be concedered coat weather in some of those places.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Its not a struggle mate for anyone, its a preference. We are all different, nothing to laugh about surely?

I will laugh at anyone who complains about a maximum of 25C being uncomfortably "hot"

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy L said:

I will laugh at anyone who complains about a maximum of 25C being uncomfortably "hot"

It's certainly too hot to actually do stuff outside as opposed to sitting around in it.

If I'm doing any gardening or going out for anymore exercise than a gentle stroll I much prefer it to be below 20C. 

I have done some strenuous hill stuff abroad in my time, in temperatures ranging from -25C to 35C and my preference is definitely for the cooler end of the spectrum.

• Like 5

Overnight temps in the Channel Islands fell no lower than 20C and 17-18C in London, in July you’d fancy 33C, but I think 31C might be just about achievable today. 

Posted

Yesterday felt really damn warm - probably a combination of it actually being pretty damn warm and myself not being acclimatised to the heat after an utterly dreadful spring/summer.

Today a touch warmer - got the bbq cleaned and out ready for after work, for the first and last time this year.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Overnight temps in the Channel Islands fell no lower than 20C and 17-18C in London, in July you’d fancy 33C, but I think 31C might be just about achievable today. 

Well we managed 34c in mid September in 2016....which when you look at the chart below was even more remarkable. Doesn't really look like a 34c day!

image.thumb.png.cd12585638277803de7add921d1af93f.pngimage.thumb.png.cd0d3b7295b2f24fcd971116b3e4fc0c.png

I agree though....we hit 29c yesterday, so wouldn't be surprised to see a 30.something today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Foggy morning here, feels Autumnal with the fog. Temperatures don't though and feels pretty humid.

Posted

I'm feeling very excited about the weather today - such a beautiful morning with lots of lovely sunshine to follow...

• Thanks 1

Posted

One of those rare mornings here where sitting outside in the shade is actually pleasant. 

I used to live in South West London where such mornings were common place... Less so in Peterborough 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Could easily be one of the best 5 days of the entire year today! Feeling and looking amazing already and its not even 11am. Don't worry sun haters, your 320 days per year of grey will be coming back soon, but for now, i will be enjoying and making the most of this beautiful weather!

• Like 4

Posted

27°c Jersey Airport
27°c Lakenheath Royal Air Force Base
27°c Cambridge
27°c Bournemouth Airport

Already 27c at a number of locations just past 11am.....I'd be very surprised if we don't see 30c somewhere today.

• Like 1