Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
On 05/09/2021 at 10:58, Alderc said:

It’s a lovely warm and hazy morning with light winds. Already 21C, first time it’s felt pleasant like this since mid July really. 

Yesterday was by far the best day since the July hot spell. Long clear sunny spells, and something that was lacking for much of summer 2021.

I'm looking forward to 27-30c over the next few days. Bring it on.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

How nice to see much of the UK enjoying a beautiful spell of weather in early autumn, especially after enduring such dreary rubbish in August. Might hit 30°C somewhere this week, lovely ☺️ 

And still you get one or two individuals who will complain about it being too hot, after we've endured some of the worst summer weather during much of 2021 lol.

• Like 4

Posted
12 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Give over! Today was far more pleasant than the heat of July, at least u can sleep at night!

July wasn't unpleasant at all. It's called proper summer weather. Beats weeks of dull cloud fests, and damp conditions by far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cloudy day here so far with some light showers currently.. Temp 23c and feeling humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Don't know what is going on here where i am in the South East but it was a nice sunny morning and bizarrely, as i sat outside, we had about 30 or so planes in the space of around 45 minutes completely haze over the sky. Very weird and extremely annoying. Does this kind of thing normally happen?

Posted

Yes the Davis showing 82% Humidity here..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
48 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

And still you get one or two individuals who will complain about it being too hot, after we've endured some of the worst summer weather during much of 2021 lol.

Well, the nights are are significantly  longer now than in midsummer and the sun isn’t as high in the sky (so hopefully the melodrama will be minimal). Even high 20’s°C shouldn’t feel too hot.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Lol, its only a few days of warm to hot weather. I don't understand why your moaning about it. We had to suffer with chilly 17-19c during the late August bank holiday with lots of cloud and a cold north east wind.

This is the perfect tonic, that most of us need right now, before the onslaught of darker months and cooler cloudy weather.

I don't know how many times that this has to be pointed out, especially considering that it's in the title, but moans are allowed in here. If you don't want to read moans, don't read the thread. It's really not that difficult (well, to most).

Meanwhile, this is probably the nicest week of the year by some distance in my opinion. Far better than the July heatwave! Note I said better, not hotter.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Well it is too hot for some people (me included), and our tolerance or otherwise of heat isn't boosted by the fact it hasn't been a "good" summer.  If anything the fact this weather has come so late in the year and after such a long stretch of cool and cloudy weather makes it even worse.

• Like 1

Posted

Gorgeous weather! Makes you feel so happy to see the sun. And like already said 28c really doesn't feel like 28c. Not got the humidity issue here only coming in at 59%.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I don't know how many times that this has to be pointed out, especially considering that it's in the title, but moans are allowed in here. If you don't want to read moans, don't read the thread. It's really not that difficult (well, to most).

Meanwhile, this is probably the nicest week of the year by some distance in my opinion. Far better than the July heatwave! Note I said better, not hotter.

Understandable but it does get a bit annoying when the people who get their preferred weather type of unusable trash for 350 days out of 365 won't show a bit of grace and humility in the 15 days they don't. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy L said:

Understandable but it does get a bit annoying when the people who get their preferred weather type of unusable trash for 350 days out of 365 won't show a bit of grace and humility in the 15 days they don't. 

In which case, use the ignore function for repeat "offenders".

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

28c at Jersey

27c Cranwell (Lincolnshire)

Lots of places 25/26c too.....what a glorious day!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I must admit this is lovely compared to the last few weeks. I’m sorry but endless grey skies are pretty horrid, whatever your preferences are weather wise. The fact that this happened in a period of the year where we should be getting to higher thresholds of sunshine amounts makes it worse (Gloomy winter days can happen in many scenarios, especially as the days are short).

• Like 3

Posted

UKV has some parts not dropping below 19C tonight, might have to dust off the A/C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

A little high level cloud here and there but still hot and sunny enough out there to raise my spirits considerably. Yesterday started very misty but the afternoon was glorious and warm enough for a quick river swim! I really hope we can hold on to something like this for a the next 2-3 weeks so i can go on holiday somewhere hot (ish). It is an absolute joy - and I've bothered to hang the washing outside as it'll be dry in an hour or two

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Made it to 29°C on both my stations. I didn't expect that, but it definitely feels like it.

Edited by Mapantz

31 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Made it to 29°C on both my stations. I didn't expect that, but it definitely feels like it.

Yes it’s very warm, I guess with sea temps at there peak breezes should be limited. 30C tomorrow? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Looked to be a beautiful day for most people today, however, where i am, although it wasn't awful, its just been a consistent swirl of slow moving clouds that seem to follow the sun as though they are trolling me. I can see vast blue skies to the north but a persistent grey mound is constantly following the path of the sun here so it hardly ever appears from within. Disappointing but hopefully tomorrow and wednesday will be as good as forecasted.