Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

I really feel that September and April are the most underrated months. Almost every time I book a week off in these 2 months, it always seems to turn out settled and mostly sunny, sometimes even hot. Really glad I have this upcoming week off and what a lovely day today! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.

A pleasant enough day today but with temps set to rise a little more in the next few days I fear things may start getting a little uncomfortable.  I'm certainly looking forward to the cooler weather due by next weekend.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, Nick L said:

This is a nicer day than anything summer offered up. I love September.

I agree. For me its the intensity of the sunshine at this time of year, gone is the harshness of June and July, far more mellow but temps still more than respectable. Humidity also down, again a bonus. Days like this are why September can be one of the best months of the year

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Nick L said:

This is a nicer day than anything summer offered up. I love September.

What?! Not quite the azure blue skies of June and July!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

A bit unexpected that today would hit 26c and be so glorious….but no complaints here! Well overdue. A 4 day mini heatwave it is then!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Just hit 25c here. Just popped up the pub in t shirt and shorts to watch the England match. Really looking forward to next 3 days.  Could be the last blast of summer . Or maybe Sept and Oct will be kind to us. It's a long long time until May! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

There is a bloke playing for Andorra called Marcio. Reminded me of a regular contributor to this forum!!

As in, he'll refuse to come out for the second half -- because it's too hot!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
27 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

A bit unexpected that today would hit 26c and be so glorious….but no complaints here! Well overdue. A 4 day mini heatwave it is then!

good riddance E'ly! much better now

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely afternoon on the High Peak Trail here..

IMG_20210826_161322.thumb.jpg.5f3a779cce86bafdc8fcbcc315b6af07.jpgIMG_20210826_161316.thumb.jpg.90ebce9a2bff948b6363526e07990b28.jpgIMG_20210826_134222.thumb.jpg.03a3fe4e4b32b9bd2e599510ef5e4664.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

What a stunning day today! Late summer warmth & sunshine has a really lovely feel to it. ☀️

Could enjoy this for a few more weeks before the fog, frosts and storms of autumn arrive..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Glorious in the Surrey Hills today - but no matter how warm it gets it feels like a September heat wave and not summer - the angle of the sun and the shorter days make it different , very golden soft light too ! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The mist is beginning to clear a bit with regards to how I think autumn will pan out. 

A more settled autumn compared to average with long pleasant spells and chilly/cold nights. 

November to be the crescendo which will feature a higher than average possibility of notable cold plunges for the time of year. This will lead into a first half of December that could be colder than average, before a +NAO sets in and predominates throughout the rest of winter.

It's how it's looking to me at present. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

After such a long spell of overcast weather, the next four days in this part of the world have highs of 27c, 28c, 28c and 26c even on Thursday according to the GFS before cooler air reaches us.
Sometimes the weather does appear to troll the U.K. at times. I guess it is not so bad as an adult where work is 52 weeks a year.

33 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

After such a long spell of overcast weather, the next four days in this part of the world have highs of 27c, 28c, 28c and 26c even on Thursday according to the GFS before cooler air reaches us.
Sometimes the weather does appear to troll the U.K. at times. I guess it is not so bad as an adult where work is 52 weeks a year.

And it’s trolling me again…..working until Thursday, then 3 days in Nottingham from Friday. Standard Chris bad timing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

On top of it being the warmest day for some time and warmer than nearly every day during the summer, it's been a nice warm evening this evening. The last evening like this was probably during the brief hot spell in July. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, matt111 said:

On top of it being the warmest day for some time and warmer than nearly every day during the summer, it's been a nice warm evening this evening. The last evening like this was probably during the brief hot spell in June. 

Where were you during the heatwave in July?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
On 05/09/2021 at 20:40, MP-R said:

Where were you during the heatwave in July?

Doh I meant July, although saying that there weren't really that many warm evenings here then either as it often cooled down during the afternoon thanks to the sea breeze and never really recovered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I just knew this settled warm spell (particularly from tomorrow onwards) would bring us weather enthusiasts hurrying straight to this thread. 

But yes, I agree with the comments above. Hot spells at this time of the year are usually far more comfortable than hot spells during July. Summer is done and gone, but it doesn't feel like autumn yet either. Whilst I don't rate September as being a very interesting month from a meterological point of view, from a personal point of view it often delivers the most pleasant weather of the year along with May.

I am still looking forward to those cold crisp autumn/witner mornings though. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Doh I meant July, although saying that there weren't really that many warm evenings here then either as it often cooled down during the afternoon thanks to the sea breeze and never really recovered.

Oh fair enough. Yes a much clearer high pressure based spell in July. Very still at the moment.

Posted

I've known spells similar to what we had in July with lovely warm evenings as the temperate shot up again after the breeze dropped late in the afternoon but during that spell it didn't on most days which was disappointing really. A benefit of it though was it meant the nights were comfortable. 

Despite the plume, looks like they’ll be no thundery breakdown, models indicating barely a few hundred j/kg of CAPE. Still time to enjoy the next few days where possible. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

30 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I just knew this settled warm spell (particularly from tomorrow onwards) would bring us weather enthusiasts hurrying straight to this thread. 

But yes, I agree with the comments above. Hot spells at this time of the year are usually far more comfortable than hot spells during July. Summer is done and gone, but it doesn't feel like autumn yet either. Whilst I don't rate September as being a very interesting month from a meterological point of view, from a personal point of view it often delivers the most pleasant weather of the year along with May.

I am still looking forward to those cold crisp autumn/witner mornings though. 

Its only Sept 5th of course its not going to feel like Autumn just yet.. The Northern hemisphere is still warm. Mid 30Cs still possible in the UK until around 20th.   Autumn doesn't officially begin until 21st.  

Edited by 38.7°C
  • Like 1