Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I think some of the comments about it being hot next week are exaggerated to say the least. A few days of early to mid 20s in early September is certainly nothing out of the ordinary, and with the sun being lower in the sky as well as longer nights and reduced humidity, I think it will feel quite pleasant. On the other hand, I suppose it does feel kind of weird seeing Christmas stuff in supermarkets whilst it is 24 Celsius outside.

The first half of September is now looking changeable, which is good as I do like a variety. Be nice to have some weather for once.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 6

Posted
10 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I think some of the comments about it being hot next week are exaggerated to say the least. A few days of early to mid 20s in early September is certainly nothing out of the ordinary, and with the sun being lower in the sky as well as longer nights and reduced humidity, I think it will feel quite pleasant. On the other hand, I suppose it does feel kind of weird seeing Christmas stuff in supermarkets whilst it is 24 Celsius outside.

The first half of September is now looking changeable, which is good as I do like a variety. Be nice to have some weather for once.

Christmas is still a long way off though. I never start thinking about it until late October, or even early November.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Another day of full-on overcast, thick cloudy grey in the South East today. Starting to forget what a clear sky actually looks like.

Got my hopes up as a few rays of sun appeared a couple of hours ago but as expected that last for about as long as it took for me to go outside and sit on my bench in the garden. Awful. Genuinely think this has been one of the worst 4 - 5 week periods of weather I've seen in years in this area of the country. Just completely unchanging, cloudy weather for weeks on end. So boring. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
52 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Sun comes out, infill piles in! Why can’t this stupid just have the sun out for more than ten minutes 

Because it’s the UK! Cloud magnet, unfortunately 

• Like 1

Posted
On 02/09/2021 at 10:03, MP-R said:

Yes indeed. December 2004, 2006, and 2007 all had long periods of gloom. Also January 2002, 2006 and 2011. It's kinda forgiven at that time of year. Very depressing at this time of year.

Highly unusual to have a high pressure delivering so much cloud at this time of year especially given the strength of the sun. Should be enough to clear N Sea cloud. Alas the south continues to be plagued by the stuff.. and the north west doing much better. Also turning into a lengthy dry spell. Most places are on there 11th dry day in a row. Not much rain for the next few days either away from NW parts. There has been a stubbornness to all high pressures this year. Atlantic has been exceptionally weak. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
58 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Highly unusual to have a high pressure delivering so much cloud at this time of year especially given the strength of the sun. Should be enough to clear N Sea cloud. Alas the south continues to be plagued by the stuff.. and the north west doing much better. Also turning into a lengthy dry spell. Most places are on there 11th dry day in a row. Not much rain for the next few days either away from NW parts. There has been a stubbornness to all high pressures this year. Atlantic has been exceptionally weak. 

Yes very unusual, from this position anyway. You could imagine cloud over the top of a high centred more to the SW.

And yes, only 10mm of rain here since August 08th, and the majority of August’s rainfall came on the 05th and the 07th... Great for walking and outdoor stuff though. Just a shame August’s dryness didn’t come with sunshine...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Can finally join in with the moans and grumps. Currently 13C with drizzly rain at times. Heating came on this morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

24, possibly 25c around Glasgow on Wednesday. That would be one of the warmest September days I can recall in this area.

Posted
1 hour ago, Josh Rubio said:

Can’t wait to go from a cool cloud fest to a warm and muggy cloud fest. Think some people in the MOD forum are getting a bit too overexcited as per usual 

Yes could be alot of cloud trapped in the muggy air mass..  we shall see. Many have had enough of the cloud past 2 weeks. A cloudy warm air mass will see this thread fully alive with moans.

More notable for me is the dry theme. Chance we might see some rain late Sunday, Monday morning though. Always nervous when we have lengthy dry spells often followed abruptly by very wet conditions . The April/May switch over case in point .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, Norrance said:

Can finally join in with the moans and grumps. Currently 13C with drizzly rain at times. Heating came on this morning.

Stafford weather last week or so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

been a lovely day, there has been a few times with the sun going in but most of the day has been sunny and warm. It makes me miss it so much 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Perfect autumn day here today..was 0c first thing this morning ..now its 22c clear blue sunny skies  ..not a breath of wind 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Turned out to be a decent enough day over here. It started off as being overcast, but the sun soon made an appearance during the afternoon burning away some of the cloud and giving us a top temp of 19 Celsius. Fairly reasonable for early September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A barely acceptable day here. Drizzle in the morning, then brighter but still overcast until well into the afternoon. Some sun thereafter, though not a huge amount. Didn't quite reach 20 °C, though it felt reasonably warm.

As others have mentioned above, the fear for the upcoming warm spell is that it brings yet more cloudy weather. The one thing I desperately want is a day with a reasonable amount of sunshine before tea-time. Barring a couple of odd days, it seems like forever since that's happened here. Yet more muggy, overcast weather will not go down well in these parts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat

Uggghh I hope this warm spells delivers something at least, it's been unrelenting grey cloud and drizzle here all week. Very glad to have spent the previous week on the coast in West Wales where it was sunny the whole time! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

First signs of autumnal foliage appearing on some trees in central London. 

However, a flaming September coming up? September heat is more bearable than July heat and so it should be pleasant for most.. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
31 minutes ago, GokouD said:

Uggghh I hope this warm spells delivers something at least, it's been unrelenting grey cloud and drizzle here all week. Very glad to have spent the previous week on the coast in West Wales where it was sunny the whole time! 

horrid here today, Telford must be same, no high ground to the east, prone to north sea mist, will lift around 6pm likely