Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
5 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

To be honest, I can't see this September being much better than the August we just had. We always do get a warm settled period at some point during Sept, but overall I have a feeling it's going to end up as being a fairly mediocre month this year. Similar to Sept 2015.

Other than that, I am looking forward to the cold crisp sunny mornings, beautiful autumn colours, warm sunny days accompanied by cold foggy nights and so on. ?️

Wasn't Sep 2015 rather good though? I remember a cool and rather cloudy start but then one sunny week from the 5th-11th or so and a further sunny week at the end of the month, from the 24th or 25th onward. Think it was more unsettled in between (not totally sure, was out of the country) but the sunny weather early and late meant I'd rate it as relatively good overall.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
6 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Yes it’s been a while since we’ve had a really warm October, I think the last one was 2014 or maybe 2011.

Autumnal again today, 14°C and thick cloud, I hope the pattern changes soon, fed up of this now.

Wasn't 2018 fairly warm, and also dry and sunny overall?

Also 2017, the year of Ophelia and the red sky, I seem to remember that was also warm - and mostly settled but rather disturbed for around 10 days following Ophelia, peaking with storm Brian.

Not sure whether either were really notably warm, but 2018 in particular was very pleasant.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Please please please settled, sunny, mellow and atmospheric.

Same! Although im expecting gales at some point in September like we experienced at the end of the month last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Passable day in early September. The morning was cool and cloudy. The sun came out during the afternoon. Then the evening was cloudy again. Despite the sunshine the max temperature was only 15.4°C but it felt pleasant in the sunshine. The overnight low was 12.1°C, so a very small durinial range. It stayed dry throughout. About as benign a September day as you can get.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

September the 33rd today and the weather continues the same down here...

Fourth day in a row of completely leaden sky. That’d be quite something in winter let alone early autumn.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
3 minutes ago, MP-R said:

September the 33rd today and the weather continues the same down here...

Fourth day in a row of completely leaden sky. That’d be quite something in winter let alone early autumn.

I'm really struggling to remember such a prolonged period with virtually no sunshine. I can recall a couple of cold, foggy Decembers, but at least that added some festive feel to the weather.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I'm really struggling to remember such a prolonged period with virtually no sunshine. I can recall a couple of cold, foggy Decembers, but at least that added some festive feel to the weather.

Yes indeed. December 2004, 2006, and 2007 all had long periods of gloom. Also January 2002, 2006 and 2011. It's kinda forgiven at that time of year. Very depressing at this time of year.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
36 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Yes indeed. December 2004, 2006, and 2007 all had long periods of gloom. Also January 2002, 2006 and 2011. It's kinda forgiven at that time of year. Very depressing at this time of year.

I don't think you notice it as much in the depths of winter as it's dark for 16 hours of the day anyway. The gloom is far more noticeable at this time of year.

• Like 1

Absolute lol - the SC finally broke up, within minutes a much lower level of Cu bubbled up into a 100% blanket….

Edit it’s actually started raining now

Edited by Alderc

Well this is unfortunate! The layer of thick cloud that’s plagued us for days broke quickly but subsequently allowed for a much lower level of Cumulus to form, cloud bases have fallen to just 2000ft now. Airshow flying now in danger, we were better off under the old crap! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Beautiful spell here with hedgerows laden with wild fruit. Starting to feel Autumnal purely from that point of view although summer is very much alive weather wise!

391B0529-39DC-4907-B285-8728F990ABC2.jpeg

A6B1F54E-830D-4854-859D-A5860DAFF28D.jpeg

D829BEBB-B21B-41CA-9F3F-E4CDE990574F.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 02/09/2021 at 21:55, Alderc said:

Rather unbelievably the sky has almost cleared, was shocked to see stars when I took the bins out!! 

Should be favourable for some decent sunshine for Southern areas tomorrow. I'm also looking forward to some higher temps next week, and maybe the risk of some thunder.

• Like 1

Posted

The 'Sept' in September is going to deliver synoptics more akin to the 7th month of the year over the next week... thankfully! Let's make the most of it.

• Like 1

In a new turn of events looks like we’re going to get smothered by the bank of cloud that’s now encroached from the channel, NE wind, SE wind, they all the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow
19 hours ago, Northwest NI said:

Haha just heard this on the radio too…..

The most depressing song .....  EVER!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I remember comparably gloomy anticyclonic spells in the summer half-year near the Tyne and Wear coast, notably early June 2007, but that area of the UK is prone to occasional prolonged overcast spells when easterly winds dominate.  It must be somewhat rare to get it over such a large swathe of England.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I just booked a weekend camping last weekend of the month, so obviously we are going to get a late Sept heatwave (/S)

• Like 1