Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion 11th July onwards

Posted

Evening all

It would be wrong to say there are no signs of any settled conditions on the 12Z output this evening.

It would be fair to say it's all still in FI but there are hints and trends of the trough finally aligning positively and allowing the Azores HP to ridge NE across southern Britain.

The 850s are reasonable without being spectacular in far FI so if you want dry and warm (rather than dry and hot) there are clear signs of something more to your liking.

However, the more immediate is less promising and we could still have 10-14 days of this unsettled spell to get through.

Posted

And anyway, cutting through all the nonsense the ECM this evening shows low after after low impacting on the UK right out to day 10, very poor for our limited 'high summer' window. 

10 days is a stretch with any model, so looking past that to maybe 14 days, and your back in the extended guessing game again....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

To my untrained eyes, tonight’s ECM 12z ensemble mean day 10 looks slightly better than the 0z?...anyway, the potential interest is currently beyond ecm range but thankfully the Gfs / GEFS does now reach mid august and there’s been some great signs today...it’s just the beginning, I have a good feeling that summery weather will return, either just before or during mid month!... ☀️  

1EB4DE3F-D691-4CE9-90BB-61458A1B1CF9.thumb.gif.51e845ae446dd638fb3b75d8d28851d0.gif490368FE-9A7B-4360-8667-2DD54ED92EC6.thumb.gif.cca4c666876e3d5ae71b77bb2a6ba31c.gif

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 5

Posted
On 30/07/2021 at 21:11, MATTWOLVES said:

There's a little more to it than purely guessing. The last settled spell was picked up several weeks earlier regarding rising AAM! There's not much point in anyone coming on here to issue a forecast beyond a few days,if its merely going to be a case of guessing! I'm pretty sure Exeter and the like do a little more than guess when they issue there monthly forecasts! Yes beyond 10 days is fraught with error at anytime of the year! But there are signs for sure of things settling down before much longer on a fair amount of data.

Can't you come on here once in a while and issue a forecast,rather than to keep saying its all pretty pointless second guessing the models beyond a certain timeframe!

Not here to issue forecasts, just comment on what the models show, if members wish to post about their abundant knowledge of rising AAM , and then guess what that may bring in the future is fine by me, just remember there are many other 'signals', drivers at play all at the same time, so again guessing is fine, and fun too.

No need to take it so personally, it's just the usual unpredictability for the UK , with our geographical location. not easy, and requires guessing for things to fall 'right'

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Looked to the Navgem this evening to see if I could find any comfort . Suffice to say I didn't find it . 

E7B96FA7-B7E9-42C5-A2DA-5B13B1B4A877.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I feel that there is tentative signs that there will be a better spell of finer weather come mid month onwards the Scandi high is flexing it's muscles

"watch this space".

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
On 29/07/2021 at 09:57, carinthian said:

I am not sure how accurate these storm tracking charts are but looking at the one below some agreement from these members that show Southern England in the Bulls Eye for any potential Atlantic storm for this time next week. Still a long way off but the low latitude jet not helping for a quick return to nice summer temperatures.

C

GFS runs continue to power the jet well south with another Atlantic Low heading for Southern Britain next week. The exact positioning not yet determined with ECM indicating its track further south  nearer to the mainland continent but a development one to watch unfold over the coming week.

C

GFSOPEU00_144_21.png

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
10 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Not here to issue forecasts, just comment on what the models show, if members wish to post about their abundant knowledge of rising AAM , and then guess what that may bring in the future is fine by me, just remember there are many other 'signals', drivers at play all at the same time, so again guessing is fine, and fun too.

No need to take it so personally, it's just the usual unpredictability for the UK , with our geographical location. not easy, and requires guessing for things to fall 'right'

Indeed I think some people have nothing better to do than just make random comments about the upcoming weather. Yes this is the model output discussion and literally know one knows how things will pan out to give us a quick return to Summer. Yes a very volItile situation coming up next week one to watch....

• Like 2

Posted

Not often the 500 mb anomaly chart from NOAA shows a broad band of troughs from one side of the chart to the other! North of it a broad band of ridging!

• Like 4

Posted

week 2 looks to improve …..gefs most keen with geps least. Eps in the middle.  There are certainly straws to clutch although few sustained signs that temps will go anomalously high if we do settle down somewhat. I’m sure most would take a more settled period irrespective of temps ….

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
2 hours ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Indeed I think some people have nothing better to do than just make random comments about the upcoming weather. Yes this is the model output discussion and literally know one knows how things will pan out to give us a quick return to Summer. Yes a very volItile situation coming up next week one to watch....

Well if I was allowed to talk about music and weight lifting...I would make random comments about those as well!

So here is another random comment about the output!

It's unsettled through next week,that doesn't mean relentless rain though,sunny spells also!

Guess what....it looks to settle down come week 2! And I think the ens may be getting a hold on this evolution now!

EDM1-216.gif

EDM1-240.gif

graphe1_00_294_141___.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I'm starting to see a potential lifting of the pattern around 12th August, as a pulse from the Azores High looks to push a bit further north. Looking at individual clusters, I feel it may only be enough to rescue southern areas into something more summery, but the clusters show at least a fighting chance of something better for all by the 15th.

image.thumb.png.f1077b2a44c0dd5f60d84ecbe888c493.png

• Like 3

Posted

GFS 6Z says well hello there Matthew!! I want some Summer loving also! ❤

Looks much better I'm sure you will agree.

gfs-0-204.png

gfs-0-222.png

gfs-0-240.png

gfs-0-264.png

200w.gif

Edited by MATTWOLVES
  • Like 6

Posted

The longer term ECM 0z ensemble mean now reaches 10th August and I continue to see slight improvements with each day that passes!..I certainly don’t think august will be a dud, I think there is potential for a return to summery conditions towards mid month and beyond! ☀️ 
3ABC0FB3-4EA3-4A41-B65E-0C9A970D6A8A.thumb.gif.8361f7ad61aa08ab4463f57f636ce316.gif

• Like 8

Posted
1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

The longer term ECM 0z ensemble mean now reaches 10th August and I continue to see slight improvements with each day that passes!..I certainly don’t think august will be a dud, I think there is potential for a return to summery conditions towards mid month and beyond! ☀️ 
3ABC0FB3-4EA3-4A41-B65E-0C9A970D6A8A.thumb.gif.8361f7ad61aa08ab4463f57f636ce316.gif

Tell you what mate,if this spell doesn't come off..our reputations and credentials are shot on here! That's if we ever had any to start with!

Ohh the joys of trying to compile a forecast from an enthusiasm point of view.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Was the op backed up by the mean? Yes it was! Possible improvements around the 10th of August gaining traction! 

gens-31-1-216.png

gens-31-1-240.png

gens-31-1-264.png

gens-31-1-288.png

Edited by MATTWOLVES
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

06Z looking good at T+360. It is of course not alone!

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

Edited by Ed Stone
Doh!
  • Like 5

Posted

12z continues with the High pressure building scenario,just look at those Heights towards scandy also! This looks better.

It's looking good..im happy

gfs-0-204.png

gfs-0-216.png

gfs-0-234.png

tenor-24.gif

gfs-0-264.png

Edited by MATTWOLVES
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nice looking ridge: h500slp.png  h850t850eu.png Only guessing! 

• Like 4

Posted

UKMO day 7 courtesy of Brian...looking like the improvements are ready to pounce shortly after.

Come on guys and gals...let's get behind this next potential summary spell...let's rejoice and savour

12_168_500hpa_height.png

Edited by MATTWOLVES
  • Like 4

Posted

Just a quickie as I’m watching a great movie called Blood Red Sky on Netflix! ...anyway, the Gem 12z warms up a bit later!  

37844505-0230-4A58-8429-FA19CE54A30E.thumb.png.581024904403c2a61311b397d616f3b3.png5C1FC9BF-55A6-4A6F-A469-B4BE08CB6CFF.thumb.png.eb86a11d744b66c63818aee3b4049c33.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

The prospective development of Azores-Scandinavia ridging during week 2 of August looks to be largely in response to the MJO crossing phase 8 while staying active.

GEFS have been most keen on it while EPS have slowly been coming around.

Longevity will depend on what the MJO does next - if it decides to throw a party over the Indian Ocean then we may struggle to keep fine weather through to end of week 3. If it doesn’t... who knows, it could be decent for most parts until late month ??.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1