Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 16th June 2021 onwards

4 minutes ago, Newben76 said:

As expected, a total bust for 99.9%. Now we are left with the cloud and mizzle. 

It wasn’t a total bust here however a 3 out of 10 storm after seeing nothing at night for almost exactly 2 years is better than nothing. 

But the mizzle here is now moderate rain….

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Just in the 30% storm risk for today and I believe I am on the convergence line but I could be wrong.

Well I awoke at about 4am. More due to humidity than anything else. One bright flash that I was aware of even with my eyes closed. Apart from that just a few distant flickers and no thunder. Bit odd really. One minute there were storms south of us. The next minute North of us. Must've had the pause button pressed as they passed over ... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Thunder heard to the south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Disappointing here last night. Fair bit of lightning during the night. Heard a couple of rumbles of thunder. It rained, but no where near the amount I was expecting from the forecast.Now we are left with drizzle and dreary skies.

Posted

Oh wow, didn't see that thunderstorm just north of me happening. Sad it didn't form 10 miles further south so I would have been able to hear it haha

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Thunder heard to the south

Theres some activity in the bristol channel but it looks like its dying down now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Certainly not the most impressive of nights here but the sound of the thunder changed notably from quite elevated to more of a deep booming noise by 6am.

Now just cloudy and cool. Could do with a clearance and let daytime heating do its work!

• Like 2

Posted

Hardly any sleep last night - not because of heat or snoring wife. I recently wrote that my last night time C-G was early on 18th October 2019, but I saw several last night. Storms at different times of the night till about 5am but not too much rainfall - any heavy rain was short lived. 

• Like 5

Posted

Naff all here, not even any rain, glad some got some decent storms. The wait continues!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Most notable thing for me with last night's storms was how loud the thunder was. Usually with elevated storms the thunder is quiet but had some real loud deep booming rumbles overnight, best I've heard in a long time. 

• Like 1

Posted

It hasn't even rained in west London! 

Looking at the Euro, I am not expecting anything for the rest of the day. I just wish this dull cloud would lift.

Tomorrow is looking more promising, especially for the southeast. However, a northeasterly flow may also mean a lot of low cloud.

• Like 1

Still drizzling here however quite a decent clearance now coming into the south coast, temps and humidity should increase quickly and I can’t imagine it’ll take long to get some showers and possible storms going just inland. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

Still drizzling here however quite a decent clearance now coming into the south coast, temps and humidity should increase quickly and I can’t imagine it’ll take long to get some showers and possible storms going just inland. 

Still just miserable dribble here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe
28 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Certainly not the most impressive of nights here but the sound of the thunder changed notably from quite elevated to more of a deep booming noise by 6am.

Now just cloudy and cool. Could do with a clearance and let daytime heating do its work!

Similar here in Portishead. A couple of loud claps of thunder between 0500 and 0600, a bit of rain but that was it for the event. Still, the thunder was loud enough and close enough to send me and the other half scuttling downstairs for the remainder of our kip.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

A big bust in Andover......bust roof that is...

_119557273_lightning.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Southern Britain is hit by torrential rain but there's a sunny start to school holidays further north.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

Morning all. It looks like the west got the feast last night! I watched the storm around Southampton on webcam before hitting the sack.  I think my "ball lightning" video can join the bloopers lists. Damn seagulls.

In Reigate here there's a thick cloud cover capping humid but not hugely warm air. The sun is trying to break through, but it's going to have to work a lot harder to gain any ground forcing here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 minute ago, Azuremoon2 said:

Another vid captured of the meteor shower on the Southampton webcam last night. Thunderstorm and meteors on same cam? I'd take that any day lol

They where seagulls mate

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
46 minutes ago, Liam Burge said:

Still just miserable dribble here.

No drizzle here but I see that the met office app has taken away the thunder symbol from my Taunton forecast . 

I think that given it's breezy but dull and no sign of sun here they are correct in their thinking. 

I'm still feeling very warm indoors though and very humid I just hope I'm not coming down with anything!  

• Like 2

Posted
33 minutes ago, matty40s said:

A big bust in Andover......bust roof that is...

_119557273_lightning.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Southern Britain is hit by torrential rain but there's a sunny start to school holidays further north.

This is why lightning makes me paranoid, especially as my bedroom is in the roof and this was less than a mile away. Surprised  the noise didn’t wake me up. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

No drizzle here but I see that the met office app has taken away the thunder symbol from my Taunton forecast . 

I think that given it's breezy but dull and no sign of sun here they are correct in their thinking. 

I'm still feeling very warm indoors though and very humid I just hope I'm not coming down with anything!  

Yeah I feel like there's not gonna be any storms here today. Maybe the odd heavy shower but nothing like the MetOffice was predicting. 

Edit: Not sure what MetOffice forecast you're looking at, but for me it has 3 hours of potential thunder for you.

image.thumb.png.285ae9605cb7fb534cbed3dfeb126084.png

Edited by Liam Burge
  • Like 1