Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 16th June 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
24 minutes ago, Zak M said:

I can see that storm in East Sussex from here.. it looks absolutely gorgeous. Saw an overshooting top too.

Yep! Just came on to share a pic of the overshooting top from my vantage point. 

9520116E-FDD3-4138-A367-80C7B9D674E8.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

Cell to the north of Eastbourne is now producing some very bright echoes on the rainfall radar, perhaps some hail mixed in but very intense.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

Disappointing it’s travelled too far inland to produce anything spectacular down here other than distant rumbles and a spot of light rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
2 minutes ago, Electricmumma said:

Disappointing it’s travelled too far inland to produce anything spectacular down here other than distant rumbles and a spot of light rain

It did a distinct and irritating left turn at the last moment it seems, leaving us with the spotty rain overhang. Loud rumble as I typed this though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

I'm in Eastbourne and it's painfully close but no cigar. I've got blue sky one side and a thunderstorm the other side. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

It did a distinct and irritating left turn at the last moment it seems, leaving us with the spotty rain overhang. Loud rumble as I typed this though!

Yes that was a long loud rumble. Hoping for a return lol

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Htid said:

I'm in Eastbourne and it's painfully close but no cigar. I've got blue sky one side and a thunderstorm the other side. 

I feel you. Sounded amazing and looked promising on approach and then turned, such a tease

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

It certainly seems to be building on its left hand side, might get interesting between Brighton and Eastbourne in a bit.

Interesting storm motion on radar. Initial cells in the south east moved SE, the second line that fired propagated south westwards from the same location, radar I thought almost looked like it was showing a bow Echo type return. Must of been some very well sculpted clouds on the south western flank. 

Posted

I see some cells trying to brew up around the Midlands but they seem to fade straight away before they can even get started 

Posted

It’s official here in Brighton, huge formation overhead and an 80% chance of thunderstorms.

F166B6B2-775B-487B-95BE-7673BA681739.jpeg

Edited by Superstormuk
  • Like 2

Posted
54 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep! Just came on to share a pic of the overshooting top from my vantage point. 

9520116E-FDD3-4138-A367-80C7B9D674E8.jpeg

I spy the house with the giant ‘guard dog’ in that photo. What a very small world it is

I live in Northampton and no storms here today but tomorrow their is a 70% chance of storms so I'm expecting baseball size hail and deadly F4 or F5 Tornadoes.

Only joking but I wouldn't mind seeing a small Tornado that doesn't cause any injuries or deaths. 

We will have to wait and see how intense tomorrows storms will be.

It would be nice to at least get some frequent fork lightening and loud thunder. 

Edited by DragonFire
  • Like 5

Posted
16 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I live in Northampton and no storms here today but tomorrow their is a 70% chance of storms so I'm expecting baseball size hail and deadly F4 or F5 Tornadoes.

Only joking but I wouldn't mind seeing a small Tornado that doesn't cause any injuries or deaths. 

We will have to wait and see how intense tomorrows storms will be.

It would be nice to at least get some frequent fork lightening and loud thunder. 

I'm out of the area for the day tomorrow so you can guarantee some big storms for the county before I get back at 6pm!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

The sea breeze has done for the storm here on the coast, it has been eating away at the edges and buffering the track SE toward us.

Some cracking rumbles just inland of here, the bbq looks doomed with some residue rain in the next hour

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
46 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

I see some cells trying to brew up around the Midlands but they seem to fade straight away before they can even get started 

There were some very domineering clouds over Melton Mowbray way about an hour ago. Five minutes later they were gone

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!
3 minutes ago, Smokeone said:

Used my 4k camcorder today looking towards the east from Fareham, it was great to watch. Hopefully get some more video this week. Maybe try 4K next time. Still working out how to use it, I'm much better at Photography with my cameras.

That's a nice video! And I love the music that you have put with it. 

I have my fingers crossed that this warm spell doesn't just fizzle away without giving us any storms, like most warm spells  tend to do these days.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, BB1979 said:

I spy the house with the giant ‘guard dog’ in that photo. What a very small world it is

No way really?? Very small world indeed

Nailed on convective forecast from @staplehurst and @Nick F today too well done, guys 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2