Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 16th June 2021 onwards

Plenty of fuel just the other side of the channel, Le Touquet on the channel coast currently 24C with a 20C dew point.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It looks like a member of the warnings team at the Met Office has just got in to work after oversleeping.

• Like 7

Posted

Reports of tornadoes touching down earlier this morning along the French/ Belgium border along with a Report of sisters.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather
52 minutes ago, Purplepixii said:

I gotta ask, would it not be more responsible for the Met Office to replace the thunderstorm warnings with rainfall warnings? The rate this stuff is falling, and the time it’s taking too, must be causing more issues than the (low) possibility of a thunderstorm?

That's exactly what they've just done. Revised warning for rain now in place:

"Spells of prolonged and often heavy rain will continue to affect parts of England today, before clearing from most areas this evening. 20-40 mm of rain will fall quite widely, with a few locations seeing 50-70 mm within around 12 hours - the wettest weather is likely to be over parts of East Anglia, the East Midlands and southeast England, as far west as Hampshire. Some thunder and lightning is also possible, most likely over parts of East Anglia and southeast England but heavy rain is the main hazard."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
Just now, suffolkboy_ said:

That's exactly what they've just done. Revised warning for rain now in place:

"Spells of prolonged and often heavy rain will continue to affect parts of England today, before clearing from most areas this evening. 20-40 mm of rain will fall quite widely, with a few locations seeing 50-70 mm within around 12 hours - the wettest weather is likely to be over parts of East Anglia, the East Midlands and southeast England, as far west as Hampshire. Some thunder and lightning is also possible, most likely over parts of East Anglia and southeast England but heavy rain is the main hazard."

Yeah, finally.

• Like 2

Posted

I think we need to look closer to home rather than constantly looking over the other side of the channel. It’s alright if you live in Kent (which may as well be part of France) but for the majority of the country, I think it’ll just be a dull and wet day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

I think we need to look closer to home rather than constantly looking over the other side of the channel. It’s alright if you live in Kent (which may as well be part of France) but for the majority of the country, I think it’ll just be a dull and wet day. 

If you go up the eastern heights, that's the cliffs by Dover port, eastern docks, where the ferries are, your phone goes on to French Mobil network.

Posted

Still humid here, and misty rather than clear. Even when raining it's misty. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It looks like a member of the warnings team at the Met Office has just got in to work after oversleeping.

Bit ridiculous honestly, you can't issue a warning for rain after the rain has started.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Bit ridiculous honestly, you can't issue a warning for rain after the rain has started.

I swear that's how forecasting is done these days lol, bbc app for example is always wrong and can give a dry day, will then just update as it happens

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Purplepixii said:

I gotta ask, would it not be more responsible for the Met Office to replace the thunderstorm warnings with rainfall warnings? The rate this stuff is falling, and the time it’s taking too, must be causing more issues than the (low) possibility of a thunderstorm?

Well said. The reliability of the Met Office warnings system will rightly come under fire if there are flooding issues today. Remarkable that they took so long.

Northants looks to be in for an interesting afternoon to say the least.

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, NorthantsSnow said:

Well said. The reliability of the Met Office warnings system will rightly come under fire if there are flooding issues today. Remarkable that they took so long.

Northants looks to be in for an interesting afternoon to say the least.

I'm pretty sure the original warning mentioned heavy rain and flash flooding, would be a strange thunderstorm warning without that. Only difference is, they don't expect much lightning to accompany the rain now.

Posted

Nice and chilly fresh no humid air left in this part of London almost chilly went out in my shorts to uncover the plants now the worst of the rain has moved on.

Wednesday storm barely put a dent into filling the pond back up but last nights rain has done the trick.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, WeatherWatchmanG said:

Nice and chilly fresh no humid air left in this part of London almost chilly went out in my shorts to uncover the plants now the worst of the rain has moved on.

Wednesday storm barely put a dent into filling the pond back up but last nights rain has done the trick.

How I wish it was the same here. Still feels hot and humid, even though the weather is rather cool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

That was some serious heavy rain about 30 mins ago, haven't seen that for a while.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Aside from possibilities in Kent, or the coast of Suffolk and Norfolk I do not see any thunderstorms today. Plenty of rain for some of us definitely, and possibly the odd rumble, but no more than that.

Severe thunderstorms across the near continent but these won't affect the UK unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Aside from possibilities in Kent, or the coast of Suffolk and Norfolk I do not see any thunderstorms today. Plenty of rain for some of us definitely, and possibly the odd rumble, but no more than that.

Severe thunderstorms across the near continent but these won't affect the UK unfortunately. 

Yea agreed, nothing except messy rain today

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Trying to find a webcam around Zeebrugge, best I can do atm!

Its a beast that's for sure, moving away into North Sea now where all the best storms go

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
1 minute ago, Storm_Sikher said:

Few images from around 1A.M yesterday morning from Minnis bay Kent looking towards Reculver Castle.
I decided to stay put and see how things panned out as I've had a shot in mind for years but the storm decided otherwise so around 10:30PM I headed down to the coast in torrential rain and deep puddles, I was a bit restricted as I picked up a couple of friends, they'd never chased before, I rarely chase with others but it was great to get them their first Arcus and a decent lighting show, also managed to keep out the rain mostly, also nice to give them a heads up on outflow and other things they wouldn't have experienced.
It was great to brush the cobwebs off after no chasing for a couple of years apart from a small storm near Hastings last year.

_8509046.jpg

_8509049_DxO.jpg

_8508946.jpg

wow those first 2 shots doesn't even look like it's from the UK 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells
Just now, Atmogenic said:

wow those first 2 shots doesn't even look like it's from the UK 

Ha! Thank you, My second decent shelf cloud in a matter of weeks, both in the dark but it's always nice to see them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Nothing to get excited about tomorrow night on the latest UKV, unless you're in Benelux (as per)