Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 16th June 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Another MCS develops tomorrow morning according to NMM 12z, you can see why judging by the Theta-E charts being further west and feeding off instability from the near continent with lightning on its eastern flank again.

te1.thumb.png.2e01ab0272c3b5b79138865934e946de.pngte2.thumb.png.27de392217457d097965021253264786.pngcape2.thumb.png.c742b533cfb37e525a87fdce259b4c6e.png

dls2.thumb.png.1b0c801e8a373a70abb2e49d59ed7325.pngprecip2.thumb.png.ce06a0249efc3ef483e514a8359496e4.png

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
4 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Another MCS develops tomorrow morning according to NMM 12z, you can see why judging by the Theta-E charts being further west and feeding off instability from the near continent with lightning on its eastern flank again.

te1.thumb.png.2e01ab0272c3b5b79138865934e946de.pngte2.thumb.png.27de392217457d097965021253264786.pngcape2.thumb.png.c742b533cfb37e525a87fdce259b4c6e.png

dls2.thumb.png.1b0c801e8a373a70abb2e49d59ed7325.pngprecip2.thumb.png.ce06a0249efc3ef483e514a8359496e4.png

Got a test then, want a direct hit before school and/or at break time. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

Cloud cover all day, sea mist moving in with a cool breeze, when the breeze ain’t blowing it’s too sticky to even wear skin. 

edit: temp 23, dew point 17, humidity 76, pressure rising 

Edited by Electricmumma
Added readings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Just arrived in Winchester from Romsey, in downpour and pretty sure I saw a funnel cloud. Can’t see anything obvious on radar. Was about 17:50 to south east when I driving near Braishfield 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
58 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Here’s my video of the storms here last night...

IMG_5404.MOV

Correct me if i am wrong Tim but i think you were showing that there wernt any storms here last night, certainly not in wgc....

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Correct me if i am wrong Tim but i think you were showing that there wernt any storms here last night, certainly not in wgc....

Yer there wasn’t any...that was the joke sorry if you all just upgraded your phones

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm
11 hours ago, Windblade said:

Another strong storm forecast for the southeast, another bust for me. Heard about five distant rumbles about 12.30am, didn't see any flashes though, and that was it. Happy for those who saw some action but for me personally I give up.

I’d have driven an hour personally to view it. I’m way too far west but if it was that close and I felt storm starved I’d be after a storm in a flash 

Posted

Just taken a look at latest ecm and agrees with ukv down to the tee!!!we could be looking at serious flash flooding issues tomorrow for the midlands,east anglia and lincoln area!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Going by the weather forecast, storms are on the way from France should be here soon, look at radar, rain, look at lightning maps, no lightning in most of the rain, may be the thin line.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

ITV Anglia weather just mentioned torrential thunderstorms tomorrow with frequent lightning... really don’t know what to believe at the moment! This setup is proving to be quite a headache. 

• Like 1

I have to say I think we are looking at heavy rain event opposed to a thunderstorm event. Its already a very messy picture over France, I think 'thundery rain' is more likely for most than discrete storm cells. 

Interestingly the Euro4 has 100mm of rain near Pompey through the day tomorrow. Just 10-15mm here.

Edited by Alderc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
16 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

Timelapse from last night. A notable roll cloud followed by turbulent skies around 4 am.

Facinating timelapse Jamie showing the different clouds going in different directions and quite a lot of lightning ...

• Like 1

Posted

Humidity quickly rising in the south midlands along with very warm air coming in from the SE along with dark clouds. Something definitely brewing up here. Could be a very lively night.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Peachy said:

Humidity quickly rising in the south midlands along with very warm air coming in from the SE along with dark clouds. Something definitely brewing up here. Could be a very lively night.

nothing will happen up here mate

• Like 1

Posted

Those cells across Northern France are about to cross the Channel and look to be heading north west into the Midlands by the early hours. With current conditions and a bit of luck we could be in for a fantastic display come morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
9 minutes ago, Peachy said:

Those cells across Northern France are about to cross the Channel and look to be heading north west into the Midlands by the early hours. With current conditions and a bit of luck we could be in for a fantastic display come morning. 

They're dying off and breaking apart, not that they were up to much in the first place.