Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 16th June 2021 onwards

Posted
1 minute ago, cbish8 said:

So, despite Nottingham being firmly in the yellow warning, I’ve seen one flash which might not have been owt anyway. Light rain right now, with a few bursts of heavier rain, not too much though. Feeling much fresher though, a stark contrast to the mugginess an hour ago

We just have moderate rain here, not expecting storms now, probs all going to be in the South. If anything happens it won't be until daylight anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Channel is starting to come alive.

image.thumb.png.899c738e4e1200aef732c180c40a1705.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C
19 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Absolutely bummed about this picture. Tried to recover it but there was a Cg to the left of this picture which landed about 200 yards in front of me and screwed my F-Stop up and totally took me by surprise.

Rustiness!!

IMG_1297.JPG

That looks really cool actually! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
3 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

We just have moderate rain here, not expecting storms now, probs all going to be in the South. If anything happens it won't be until daylight anyway

I don’t know, looks like something has developed around Sleaford

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

I said earlier today. I'll say it again: Kent Clipper.  I'm disappointed to find my guess was right.

What is it with our 2020-2021 weather systems that does this? It is SO frustating!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well not sure what to expect, it has been very much a Kent and very very south east affair. We'll done some good photos.

Honestly thought we may of seen more a bit further west, should of known better. Not sure I'm feeling confident of anything early hours as described in forecasts  looks messy.

The stuff in channel looks like it may take Similar track towards Kent. Let's wait and see.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
2 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

Wow

IMG_20210617_002113_BURST076.thumb.jpg.b8d78957eed3abbc9aee073583f6bd29.jpg

This was taken just a few minutes ago not in daylight. 

IMG_20210617_002331_091.thumb.jpg.c1e8050e5576b6049246535734a026ca.jpgIMG_20210617_002331_089.thumb.jpg.56976e48058c5f0349e68dd3b10bbd56.jpgIMG_20210617_002331_088.thumb.jpg.53ca7a54e54771a2345532b265931db4.jpgIMG_20210617_002331_087.thumb.jpg.5cd12a3e4700e9cb9244faeed8d3027e.jpg

Only my 4th ever day with lightning on camera, having not had my camera and not wanting to disturb my Parents when Plume Thunderstorms happen. 

• Like 2

Posted

Could not access my old account. Paul Sherman you got some great shots! I'm now living Lowestoft after many years living in Haverhill and to be honest it is a thumbs down! BUT I have seen much CC and sheet lightening to my south/southeast. Paul Sherman, I hope your well mate and in the years ahead I will be chasing with you and crew! All that matters is the here and now, and I am flying in my honours degree in Computing/IT with applied mathematics............ and unlike many that will get 50% and say I am a programming whizz......... I am on for a 1:1 and in the top 5% of damn clever men. Paul your shots are damn fantastic mate.........!!!! Some CG's here in Lowestoft now ........... BAAANNNGGGGGGG!!!!!! As I typed that the house lit up then huge crack of thunder. Clearly I want more than this but many are getting nothing at all. I moved here for this reason........ CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
46 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Storms south of Brighton will track toward you dont think this is over yet, the transport of High Theta from the East is still enhancing potential. Its like a sauna out there still

Yes I don't think it's over yet. I am watching that big mass over France too.

• Like 1

Posted

Can see a shelf cloud looking like structure, trying to take a picture but too early. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Can see a shelf cloud looking like structure, trying to take a picture but too early. 

Was just illuminated by lightning.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

Thanks mate, was not expecting a Cg to jump out about 3 miles in front of the others, also shot it in Jpeg whereas if I was on Raw could have recovered it. Just nice to see a storm again tbh

As Bob Ross would say, sometimes art is all about happy little accidents.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Distant lightning and thunder from that stuff currently in the channel

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I gave up after a one hour snooze up near Uckfield.

Please correct me if I’ve got this wrong, but it looks like the EML for the central south got ‘used up’ by the storms over Kent.

Had that first batch not worked it’s way across I think there may have been more electrical activity to the west.

Today’s chances look like a clipper, too.

Perhaps some chances for Sunday. Not hanging my hat on Friday - and won’t be chasing to the east again - that rain was a nightmare!

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!
14 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I gave up after a one hour snooze up near Uckfield.

Please correct me if I’ve got this wrong, but it looks like the EML for the central south got ‘used up’ by the storms over Kent.

Had that first batch not worked it’s way across I think there may have been more electrical activity to the west.

Today’s chances look like a clipper, too.

Perhaps some chances for Sunday. Not hanging my hat on Friday - and won’t be chasing to the east again - that rain was a nightmare!

Such a disappointing evening for my area, but really happy for those in the southeast!

I really hope we don't get a repeat of last year, I'm at the point where I would consider hopping over to France just to get a proper storm fix, but Covid has put that idea in the bin 

• Like 1

Was always only on the western fringe of possibilities but for the action to be so far to the east was frustrating but again it looked that way from 3 or 4pm. 

Again credit where credit is due, GFS was pretty rock solid with its modelling and the higher res models especially UKV really didn’t cover themselves in glory. 

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

A 5/10 thunderstorm popped up near Brighton at 11pm last night,some nice lightning and reasonably close thunder.

Nothing spectacular but a pleasant surprise after an evening of rain ( with all the tasty stuff toward East Kent)

Little cell developed in the channel and zoned in on East/West Sussex.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Well, that was unsurprisingly predictable and a waste of sleep time. 

I'm getting used to being "too far west" nowadays, not even any decent rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Well done all those who saw the storms last night. However, it’s still like a steam room out there! I have a feeling we may be a bit too far west for the next possible round on Friday, but we may see a surprise or two. We see ourselves with a Northerly tomorrow, but I can confirm back in July 2002, a real humdinger in Peterborough happened travelling S-N with a keen NNE wind counteracting it the whole time, so I still wouldn’t rule anything out yet. 

• Like 3

Posted
38 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Was always only on the western fringe of possibilities but for the action to be so far to the east was frustrating but again it looked that way from 3 or 4pm. 

Again credit where credit is due, GFS was pretty rock solid with its modelling and the higher res models especially UKV really didn’t cover themselves in glory. 

Yup said the exact same thing yesterday morning!!considering ukv is a higher reso model it was extremely poor!!gfs called this 2 days before whilst the higher resos were flip flopping!!gota question it mate??!?‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
20 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Well done all those who saw the storms last night. However, it’s still like a steam room out there! I have a feeling we may be a bit too far west for the next possible round on Friday, but we may see a surprise or two. We see ourselves with a Northerly tomorrow, but I can confirm back in July 2002, a real humdinger in Peterborough happened travelling S-N with a keen NNE wind counteracting it the whole time, so I still wouldn’t rule anything out yet. 

Quite astonishing how Norfolk is now too far west, having been too far east in recent years! Bring back the 1980s...

• Like 1