Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 16th June 2021 onwards

1 hour ago, chionomaniac said:

Lol. The surface based storms all died. The storms from France earlier are giving me the usual miserable rain from the forward spreading anvil. New elevated storms are forming on the eastern side of the french dross and these have initiated because of the mid level destabilisation moving north, not because of the French storms. In fact, it is quite obvious that the fallout from the surface french storms have actually interfered with anything elevated forming further west.

Yeah storms can become elevated over time... a bit bias but I'm personally not very impressed by the current observations / severity of the system. Early days yet tho.

Edited by Kasim Awan

Posted

Few nice pink lightning strikes in Bexhill when heading back towards Eastbourne, looks like the rain was heavier in Eastbourne! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

I have to say. I can finally see flashes! 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Torrential convective rain here now

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

We'll have to wait and see what the 18Z churns out, as the previous run wasn't exciting. Typical MCS there though, lightning activity flanking the East side.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jason H said:

Certainly made me chuckle.

If you dare my friend I can give you my post code it has hammered down with rain the last 2hrs. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

A shot I could only dream of getting.

That is absolutely naughty. I’m pretty sure I’ll never see anything like that. Mother Nature showing off for that picture. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
2 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

I have to say. I can finally see flashes! 

Looks like it’s picked up a lot since being here, though it’s still going here all be it a bit less flashy and noisy and a lot more rainy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

We'll have to wait and see what the 18Z churns out, as the previous run wasn't exciting. Typical MCS there though, lightning activity flanking the East side.

Unless lightning activity picks up overnight which I really doubt tonight really will be a very big fail in general and not just here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
1 minute ago, Luke Best said:

Bournemouth beach. 

The drizzle has intensified into steady, light rain. 

DSC_0103.JPG

Love the photo of steady light rain.  We don’t see enough of them on here!!  

I’m still hopeful there will be a second wave of storms further west, you can see it on the radar:

0C7E5402-9A35-4A14-B881-6264CE6B2B4E.thumb.gif.c8aa53a2d20dd9e9cfdb9914d6c8cc0b.gif

How exciting it will be is anyone’s guess, but that’s always the way with these situations!  We will see….

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, london-snow said:

If you dare my friend I can give you my post code it has hammered down with rain the last 2hrs. 

I think you missed your typo?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
2 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

Love the photo of steady light rain.  We don’t see enough of them on here!!  

I’m still hopeful there will be a second wave of storms further west, you can see it on the radar:

0C7E5402-9A35-4A14-B881-6264CE6B2B4E.thumb.gif.c8aa53a2d20dd9e9cfdb9914d6c8cc0b.gif

How exciting it will be is anyone’s guess, but that’s always the way with these situations!  We will see….

Pretty much pinning my hopes on the western edge perking up later on this evening. Raining here at the moment, and as refreshing as it is, it's not exactly exciting.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Unless lightning activity picks up overnight which I really doubt tonight really will be a very big fail in general and not just here.

20210616_214228.thumb.jpg.1da3632f3028c5657b4cf54bfa541046.jpg

Actually surprised nothing is firing yet through the channel cos things look to be building in my eyes.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

I'm  charging the drone batteries up and hoping to get some night stuff, havnt had it up there since the great storms of the first lockdown when it could go high as it wanted to as there were no planes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Gee give it chance mate, pretty much everything Iv heard is for after midnight into the early hours. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
Just now, It's a Philcast said:

Developments heading up in Alcester, Warwickshire area now.

20210616_214058.jpg

Ditto Northants...

20210616_214703.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Dark clouds looming in over the SE midlands now along with an increase in wind speeds. Could be a very lively night over the midlands in the early hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Well after sitting and waiting for a while, I think now is a good time to get something to eat, that we'll probably be all mother nature need to get the show started.

But in all seriousness, I think this will need another hour or so, before we get a better idea if it's going to be and early night or not

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
16 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Yeah storms can become elevated over time... a bit bias but I'm personally not very impressed by the current observations / severity of the system. Early days yet tho.

Me neither, but have come to expect it over time.  Still a few more opportunities over time, and an excellent shelf cloud observed over Dungeness