Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

No storms club 2021.

Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Hello. Late to the party, but since we have a chance of some fireworks and lack of, I've started the thread for this year.

Enjoy.

Posted

Fingers crossed for mid week or whenever they’re expected here, a proper storm this year wouldn’t go amiss 

Posted

yeah My end of Bedford hasn't done well, but we usually get at least one storm a year.

Posted

Yeah up here in my part usually had something by about now. Still waiting this year............(and looks unlikely for the foreseeable too)

Posted

nothing here last night apart from that overcast meh you get after a storm you didn't get.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

None here yet, still nil point

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Oh look. Another storm warning for the South.... How many have they had this summer now??? Hasn't rained in 2 months up here but hasn't been sunny either, just cool and cloudy everyday pretty much. So not only are we not getting rain but we are not getting summer weather either....

Posted

still no thunder.com

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine

I can't believe how much lightning has been striking up north.  Admittedly disorganised and sporadic but, oh my, there's been round after round of presumably photogenic discreet cells.

Meanwhile, below the waist of London over the last three years, there's a reliance on French imports that a person can never be east enough for without a boat.  

Bring on the Theta W tongues!

Edited by Chris Lea-Alex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

What's happened to the weather?! Where are the storms that used to happen most years?! Is this really what climate change has to offer, a storm free zone... Need a new hobby I think if this is the future.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine
On 07/07/2021 at 16:09, Freeze said:

What's happened to the weather?! Where are the storms that used to happen most years?! Is this really what climate change has to offer, a storm free zone... Need a new hobby I think if this is the future.

It's been a really disappointing year for me.  I'm not sure where the action is going to come from at this point.  2020 may have had an active August but it was a pit pulsey and disorganised. I kinda feel ready to look towards 2022 and hope for a dirty big plume

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
On 07/07/2021 at 16:09, Freeze said:

Their do seem to be less storms for the majority of the uk these days compared to what there used to be and i hope this isn't because of climate change otherwise the future looks very bleak for us thunderstorm lovers.

Maybe the VR of the future will make up for this though and we will be able to go into virtual reality and watch virtual thunderstorms come towards us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
35 minutes ago, Chris Lea-Alex said:

It's been a really disappointing year for me.  I'm not sure where the action is going to come from at this point.  2020 may have had an active August but it was a pit pulsey and disorganised. I kinda feel ready to look towards 2022 and hope for a dirty big plume

I was quite pleasantly surprised at how good of a year 2020 was for thunderstorms to be honest.

At least it seemed to be for our area though i don't know about how it was for other places.

Edited by wimblettben

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

still no storms here. normally had at least one.

Posted

on course for the most stormless summer of all time here.

I DID get a funnel cloud from a photogenic convective shower (no thunder) which I'm very happy for, but all i've had so far is ONE distant rumble sometime back in May and I'm not even sure it was thunder tbf.

Posted

London has done very poorly, apart from the odd rumble, which doesn’t count.

The time we had a decent thunderstorm was May 2018. And some other storms in early June and some time in July 2018.

Maybe the warmer atmosphere doesn’t allow the storms to develop like they used to. Violent summer storms here used to be accompanied by a hot day, but also a cool or even chilly day to follow. Sometimes it would still be warm and humid the next day. 

Posted

I guess after the 4am storm which I sadly missed I am out of here now - still on track to be the worst year of convective weather I can ever recall though unless something happens in the final month or so of summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

I think Here Has done poorly for storms this year,Deffo a decline in storms in this part of Warwickshire.

Hello. New member here. I live in a village which sits 585 feet above sea level just to the north of HIgh Wycombe. SO far this year we have had not even one rumble of thunder - not even a heavy shower during this 'showery' spell of post heatwave weather. Its very disappointing seeing thunderstorms in London again to the East and thunderstorms to my west over last couple of nights. I continue to live in hope for some entertainment - maybe roll on 2022 this is proving to be very frustrating.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in summer cold and snowy in Winter as it should be

Well time to come in here and moan! Really thought today would be our turn, still waiting for our first storm of the year in Telford! Looks like the storm shield is back to full power after it lowered its defences last year!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

What a boring place the no storms club is, technically I had a storm overnight on the 23/24th but I was asleep and missed it does that count? Its annoying that the only storms in the area that I live happen at silly hours in the middle of the night and are 99% elevated. 

• 4 weeks later...