Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

EARLY/MID SUMMER HORSE RACING COMPETITION

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather

Morning all,

With my MID/LATE SPRING Horse Racing Competition, reaching a climax Tomorrow Afternoon, I would now like to start a new Competition Thread, for my next venture.

The EARLY/MID SUMMER Horse Racing Competition, will commence on Friday 4th June,

The Competition will begin with a "bang", starting next Friday with the 3rd Classic of the Flat Season, the Epsom Oaks.

An hour and twenty minutes earlier, sees the running of the Group 1, Coronation Cup.

The following Day, the Epsom Derby is scheduled to take place.

Thunder lovers amongst you might be interested to know, that the Derby Meeting has coincided with some celestial fireworks, in the past.

Indeed on 31st May, a ferocious Thunderstorm erupted over Surrey/South London on Derby Day, with tragic consequences See archive chart below:

image.thumb.png.603ec354b0f9f95dbce28f8cfe842cc0.png

The Derby Meeting was held a Week earlier than normal, due to the crowning of King George V, in early June.

The oppressive heat of that Afternoon, suddenly broke and all "hell let loose", on the unsuspecting Racegoers.

The violent T/Storm left 5 people dead, others were burnt and injured.

In the early hours of Weds. 1st June 1983, an area of heavy thundery rain, moved north from France. See archive chart below:

image.thumb.png.6d4436e12ca4237a955d9bc27994aa89.png

The overnight thundery deluge, which kept Yours Truly awake turned the ground heavy at Epsom, for the Derby.

The 1983 Derby, saw 47 Year Old Lester Piggott ride his 9th and Final Winner, in the most important Classic, of them all.

Some of you may remember Super Filly/Mare ENABLE, won the Epsom Oaks in a heavy, thundery shower. See Youtube clip, below:

Although still a long way off, Forecast Models are suggesting we could see a humid and thundery interlude, next Week.

Ten Days after the Epsom Derby, will see the start of the Royal Ascot Meeting, which is scheduled to run from Tues. 15th June to Sat. 19th.

I will post up more details of the Format for this 2 Month Competition, early next Week.

I'm hoping the usual "Racing Crowd" will take part and would like to take this opportunity of inviting other Members who would like to enter, to join in as well.

Could those Members that wish to enter, please indicate your intention to do so, by posting on this Thread, so that I can get an idea of numbers.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 193
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right, having been medicated, fed and watered, in performance order!! Lol. I will now finally bring you those couple of anecdotes, about Derby Day working. Returning South to London, after a

Morning all, With my MID/LATE SPRING Horse Racing Competition, reaching a climax Tomorrow Afternoon, I would now like to start a new Competition Thread, for my next venture. The EARLY/MID SU

I would now like to give you my 1-2-3-4, in the "Sunderland most pleasant Celebrity Punter Stakes":   1st - LORRAINE KELLY- for reasons mentioned, earlier this Morning. 2nd - STEVE HARLEY -

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

🐎💨 Super thanks 👍

• Like 2
    Posted

Evening all,

I hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

Welcome to the - EARLY/MID SUMMER Horse Racing Competition. 

Forecast Models are still suggesting that some Thundery type Rainfall may be close to Epsom Racecourse, during Wednesday.

Maximum temperatures in the Greater London area, expected around 25c/26c on Tues/Weds, before the Rain arrives.

Thereafter, a Ridge of High Pressure should settle the Weather down again, with Maximum temperatures dropping slightly.

Below, is the 12z GFS Ppn Chart, for 9 P.M. on Wednesday Evening. 

image.thumb.png.8da5094fe8f490b727217f5a91560e62.png

The description of the current Going at Epsom, is as follows:

GOOD [Good to Firm in places], with watering of the Course, taking place.

As I stated in my Final post, in the  MID/LATE SPRING HORSE RACING COMPETITION. 

I will now post up that new sliding scale of Points on offer, in the revamped Scoring System, I posted about Yesterday.

WINNERS POINTS VALUE

1/4 and Less  = 1 Point. 2/7 to 40/85. = 2 Points. 1/2 to EVENS = 3 Points. 11/10 to 3/1. = 4 Points. 100/30 to 6/1 = 5 Points.                        13/2 to 10/1 = 6 Points. 11/1 to 16/1 = 7 Points. 18/1 to 28/1 = 8 Points. 33/1 or More = 10 Points.

I think that Sliding Scale of Points is more fair, than the one I've been using, in the last few Competitions.

It will be my Daughter [HAYLEYBR7] turn to choose the first additional Wager, in Category 1 of the new Competition.

More details on that, in the next couple of Days.

I will post up the Racing Post links to the Declarations for Friday's Competition Races and additional Category 1 Wager, around Wednesday Lunchtime.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇

• Like 2
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

Morning all,

As I stated Yesterday, my Daughter [HAYLEYBR7], will have the honour of choosing the first additional Category, of this Competition

She has chosen a Patent. Additional Category 1, will be entitled - HAYLEYBR7's DERBY DAY Patent.

Category 1 will comprise of the 2.00, 3.45 and 4.30 [Derby], at Epsom on Saturday.

I will post up the Racing Post links to the Declarations for Friday's 5 Competition Races 2.00, 2.35, 3.10, 3.45 and 4.30 [Oaks], at Epsom, around Tomorrow Lunchtime.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Thanks 1
    Posted

Posted
    Posted (edited)
    6 hours ago, Dreckly said:

Evening Jackie,

Yes the old 'fella is amazing isn't he. Those of you that watched ITV Racing's last Broadcast, would've heard them mention that there will be a special feature about Galileo, in their programmes at the end of the Week.

The "Special One", is very well represented as usual, as both Sire and Grandsire, in the feature Races at Epsom.

Below, is a list of Progeny currently declared to run, in Friday's Group 1 Races: 

CORONATION CUP: Albaflora [Grandsire], via Dam.  

Alpinista [Grandsire], via Sire - Frankel.  Broome [Grandsire], via Sire - Australia.  Highland Chief [Grandsire], via Sire - Gleneagles.

Japan [Sire]. Love 💓 [Sire and last Year's Oaks Winner]. Mogul [Sire]. Serpentine [Sire and last Year's Derby Winner].

Incredibly, GALILEO is directly [Sire] or indirectly [Grandsire], responsible for 8 of the 10 Runners, currently declared in the Race.

OAKS: Divinely [Sire]. Dubai Fountain [Grandsire], via Sire - Teofilo. La Jaconde [Grandsire], via Sire - Frankel. Noon Star [Sire].

Ocean Road [Grandsire], via Sire - Australia. Save A Forest, via Dam. Snowfall, via Dam. 

So another 7 Family members there, and that's before we get to Saturday's Derby.

I havn't been through all the Breeding of the current declared Runners, in the Derby but GALILEO is Sire, of the Following:

Bolshoi Ballet, High Definition, Kyprios, Lone Eagle and The Mediterranean, I can see that GALILEO is also involved as a Grandsire, in quite a few of the other Runners, as well.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, that GALILEO could repeat last Year's Epsom Derby/Oaks Double, as a Sire.

You may be asking where my fascination for Breeding, comes from.

During my 25+ Years of working in the Bookmaking Industry, our Credit Phones weren't ringing continuously.

So one way of bridging the gap between Phone calls, was to read the Trade Newspapers.

Originally, the Sporting Life and latterly, the Racing Post. Both had excellent Breeding Columns.

Our Boss at Sunderland, would fly into a rage, if he saw a Daily Newspaper draped across our desks!!

If you were caught, he would give you a menial task to perform, such as cleaning our Kitchen.

Before Sunderland Bookmakers were fully computerised, all Bets taken were hand written on Betting Pads.

Evidently, a couple of Years before I joined Sunderland, a member of Staff "lost" a Bet, amongst the pages of a Newspaper.

The Bet was "travelling", meaning a Winner or two had occurred in a Multiple Bet and had it been spotted, the liability would have "hedged", to another Bookmaker. The Bet ended up costing Sunderlands, quite a few thousand £'s.

Hence our Boss's annoyance, if you were caught reading an ordinary Daily Newspaper.

But it was acceptable if you were reading the Sporting Life or Racing Post, as long as you didn't lose a Bet, amongst the pages!!

So, Yours Truly read these Trade Newspapers from Front Cover, through to the Sports section, in the final few pages, and sometimes, back again. Thereby, not incurring the wrath of our Boss!! 

It was beneficial for the Company as well, as you became more conversant with some of the more exotic names, in the World of Sports Betting, such as Thai Golfer, Kiradech Aphibarnrat [who became known as Kill the deaf, Alfie the Barn Rat}

You also had to get used to hearing the names of foreign Football Teams, such as PSV Eindhoven, not to be confused with the Dutch fetish wearing Football Team, PVC Eindhoven!!

When I first started "hosting" my Champions League Football Competitions, we came across European Teams, such as Bate Borisov [Belarussian], FC Cluj [Transylvanian] and FC Metalurh Donetsk [Ukrainian but went bankrupt in 2015].

So, reading those Trade Newspapers, broadened my Sporting knowledge and gave me an interest in Racehorse Breeding, at the same time.

Here endeth, more tales from a Bookmaker's Credit Office.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 2
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

Morning all,

From a very warm and humid, S.E. London.

Just spent about a half an hour, preparing 22 "Betting Slips" for the usual 11 suspects, of the "Racing Crowd."

1 for Friday/Saturday's Races at Epsom and 1 for your additional Wagers.

I hope I havn't wasted my time and stationary items [Paper, Pens, etc], because as far as I can tell, only Jackie [DRECKLY] has posted her intention, to enter this particular Competition. I was hoping to avoid sending out P.M's/Sticky Notes, as that can be quite time consuming.

But I might still have to do that, in respect of Bristle Boy, Callum [K/WEATHER], Lassie and Gav [SUMMER SUN], if they don't post their intention to enter, at some point Today. 

I already know that ANTONYBR7 [posthumous entry], AVENGERSE12 [Stepson], CASSIE/SE12 [Wife, Colette], HAYLEYBR7 [Daughter] and PAULBR7 [Daughter's Partner], will be entering and not forgetting myself, of course.

It's just that I like to be prepared and to know how many numbers, I'm dealing with?

On the subject of "Betting Slips", below are images of the ones "I made earlier":

Jackie's "Betting Slip" for Friday's/Saturday's Races, at Epsom.

I've gone for a gradual introduction on Friday [Oaks Day], with just the 5 ITV Live Races.

But I've "pushed the boat out" on Saturday!! Although ITV will be showing only the first 5 Races, I've included all of the 7 Race Card, including 64 x 5p Permed Placepots [2x2x2x2x2x2], on the first 6 Races of the Meeting.

550717028_20210602_081240(5).thumb.jpg.cfd2386754679da3967e2e902ae2a6d4.jpg

Below, is an image of the top part of Hayley's additional Wager's, "Betting Slip":

1353300230_20210602_081342(2).thumb.jpg.9f06581070f77878542f5dddc73b0f7c.jpg

This shows her choice for Category 1 - HAYLEYBR7's DERBY DAY PATENT. 

This will comprise of the 2.00, 3.45 [Epsom Dash Handicap] and 4.30 [Derby].

I will post up the Racing Post links to Friday's declarations, around Lunchtime Today.

The Racing Post links to Saturday's declarations, which will include the Category 1 Patent, will be posted around Lunchtime Tomorrow.

I will now pop back to the MID/LATE SPRING Competition, to dot the i's and cross the t's.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 2
    Posted

Morning all.

Below, are the Racing Post links to the declarations for the 5 Competition Races, on the first Afternoon of the Early/Mid Summer Horse Racing Competition.

The feature Race of the Afternoon, sees the running of the 3rd Classic of the Flat Season, the Group 1 Oaks. 

Select 1 Horse in each Race. Please Copy/Paste your selections into the Boxes, provided below.

Your selections for Friday's 5 Competition Races, MUST be posted on this Thread by NOON on Friday [4th June].

Thank you. 

Fri. 4th June

EPSOM image.png.ea2e72e335c869db2835efde7d0fcb77.png

2:00 Epsom | Standard Racecard | 4 June 2021 | Racing Post

2.00: - Selection -

2:35 Epsom | Standard Racecard | 4 June 2021 | Racing Post

2.35: - Selection -

3:10 Epsom | Standard Racecard | 4 June 2021 | Racing Post

3.10: - Selection -

3:45 Epsom | Standard Racecard | 4 June 2021 | Racing Post

3.45: - Selection –

4:30 Epsom | Standard Racecard | 4 June 2021 | Racing Post

4.30: - Selection [Oaks] -

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇

• Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Looking forward to it 😎

• Like 2
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

Afternoon all,

From an even warmer and more humid, S.E. London.

I will now post up the selections for Friday's 5 Competition Races, for the BR7 Entrants.

ANTONYBR7

Fri. 4th June

EPSOM image.png.32ce6a1d63954d807c185d27dbd8cdb4.png

2.00: - image.png.5b571b56a520745760c7192d4a11089b.pngFlaming Rib.

2.35: - image.png.b415d86e79cc5c21d222b59871ac8c9d.pngIrish Admiral.

3.10: - image.png.d86703104a6dd1dff7ea5ae35c1e9341.png Albaflora 

3.45: - image.png.6b769f427110f3438cd6949a16d19c9c.pngHMS President.

4.30: - [Oaks] - image.png.44317ef0417ffd0d9a2ae4a49c92d02c.pngSnowfall.

HAYLEYBR7

Fri. 4th June

2.00: - image.png.97dc596e61cb5370e8b61832fc652cb4.png Dalrerin .

2.35: - image.png.05a751cc404567323a83988004858766.pngCorazon Espinado.

3.10: - image.png.1e056aeed7420e6433f0f17f6986b1e2.pngJapan.

3.45: - image.png.f2dbdb1a8c9722b6c1c9cf90b9c0a471.pngBlue Cup.

4.30: - [Oaks] - image.png.d317db77fcf4c44206e39e1418dffa32.pngSanta Barbara,

PAULBR7

Fri. 4th June

2.00: - image.png.c9b8d1c90df8f2845adbd199fe085e41.pngDusky Prince.

2.35: - image.png.1b36a88112808abe3daa6ed832a2d32b.pngStorting.

3.10: - image.png.bdf848a432b5382722207bf9821c22d8.pngAl Aasy.

3.45: - image.png.7d454c28ae15d08a3cf7b3e502209112.pngStrait Of Hormuz.

4.30: - [Oaks] - image.png.7f30f7c954aa9a86f15f0ba0815dbe24.pngDivinely.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    Posted
    Posted (edited)
    1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Looking forward to it 😎

Thanks to Callum, for his message above.

Just sent Paul [BR7], the following Radar grab:

image.thumb.png.e18cd6fe4b49071afacaa747e0b769cd.png

Paul is playing Golf, at the Weald of Kent Golf Club at Headcorn, just S.E. of Maidstone, in Kent.

I warned him a couple of Days ago, that there may be some Thundery Showers about, later this Afternoon.

But at the moment, it looks like another case of the infamous "Kent Clipper", and for Brontophobic me, hope they stay well away, from S.E. London.

I do bang on about this every Year, These sferics, have yet again fallen foul of the Cherbourg Peninsula test.

The steering flow for this thundery activity, looks to be from the S.S.W,

On that type of flow, any T/Showers/T/Storms that form on or to the East of the Cherbourg Peninsula, are likely to trundle harmlessly away [for Yours Truly], and head towards East Kent [at best], and more generally out into the N.Sea/Low Countries.

On the subject of my Brontophobia, I see that SANTA BARBARA takes her place as 5/2 Favourite, for the Epsom Oaks, on Friday.

image.thumb.png.8759b86938725b3ed63c6f475237a082.png 

My wonderful Italian Mother [R.I.P.], inadvertently caused my Brontophobia, by making the "Sign of the Cross", and calling on the Lady above [Santa Barbara]. She is the Patron Saint of Lightning and Storms in general, in Italy.

So this young Lad, grew up fearing Lightning/Thunder and I could never fully enjoy the majesty of a Cumulonimbus cloud, unless it was delivering Snowfall.

There you go, what a good Forecast for the Oaks - SANTA BARBARA and SNOWFALL.

Apologies Lightning/Thunder lovers but Yours Truly is hoping that he doesn't have to call on her, in the next couple of Days!!

You Brontophiles, have the whole of Summer, and I'm hoping it's a repeat of the last couple of Years, down here.

Even though we had some very warm/hot spells but very little Thunder.

I can remember having a conversation, with an acquaintance of mine, local Meteorologist Ian Currie.

Mr Currie ascertained, it can be quote "as hot as Hell" but if there is no triggering mechanism, it simply won't Thunder.

This has certainly been the case, in the last few Summers.

I see that my Equine "Girlfriend" - image.thumb.png.92fdee8b051553baff33fad63b9dce3a.png  LOVE,

isn't coming out to play on Friday and staying at home in Ireland, as Mr. O'Brien has withdrawn her, from the Coronation Cup.

I'm sure there will be plenty more "fish to fry", during the coming Flat Season for LOVE.

But he still has 2 Sons of GALILEO, running. Those being, JAPAN and MOGUL.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 2
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

I might have join my Daughter Hayley, with her selection of CORAZON ESPINADO [Spanish for "Thorny Heart"].

It's a track by my favourite Band, Santana,

Any excuse, to post it up now!!:

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

Morning all,

From a still very warm and humid, S.E. London.

As I was hoping for Yesterday Afternoon, those Thundery Showers didn't get any closer to S.E. London, and even Paul down in the Weald of Kent, managed to finish his round of Golf, with no interruption from the Weather.

So, it's 1-0 to the Cherbourg Peninsula test.

But no complacency from Yours Truly. That may be the first battle won but one battle, does not maketh a War, won.

Brontophile Utd have plenty of time, to get back in the game, with the rest of Summer still to come.

I do find the Storm/Convection Thread hilarious at times though and the "Hopecasting" that goes on when there's a bit of Lightning/Thunder around, is as bad as in Winter, with the prospect of Snowfall.

It was patently obvious from Forecasts/Radar images, that the great majority of the U.K, wasn't going to experience any "fireworks", fortunately for Yours Truly and I didn't need to evoke Santa Barbara. 

But Yesterday's heat was already starting to get to myself and Colette.

You may recall Fabrizio Fan, from the last few Summers:

image.thumb.png.b5b5f3b481e216f85cd6f3e48ebd7b2b.png

Colette likes to give alliterated names to all the electrical appliances, in our house.

Evidently he's Italian, as he walks around with a comb in his back pocket!!

She claims that's what I did, when we first started dating. Me vain, I don't know where she gets that from. Whenever!!

I first met Colette in late 1999 and she recalls one Evening, when I turned up at her House, a couple of Miles, from where we live now. When I did have hair, it was very fine and the slightest breath of wind, blew it all over the place and Yours Truly used copious amounts of gel spray, to keep it in place. This particular Evening, it poured with Rain, on the walk from the Bus Stop to Colette's House but the gel in my hair, repelled the water and it just ran off my hair, leaving it untouched and still in place.

Colette remarked, that it was as if my hair was supported by scaffolding. How cruel!! It was such a "cross to bear", being a vain half-Italian!! We still have a chuckle about those Days, now. Once walked into a Hairdressing Salon, while Colette was having her hair done. Evidently, a real "faux pas" but my defence was that Colette's Mum, told me where she was and I thought I would surprise her, and it certainly did!! But Colette still looked great, with her shock of Brunette hair, gleaming after being conditioned.

Last Night Fabrizio was joined by Todrana, a female friend of his Cousin, don't ask!!:

image.thumb.png.ad820740834e618a02703d4b02656bf2.png

Both Fabrizio {Fan] and Todrana [Tower Fan} were on full blast, in our tiny Bedroom last Night [aka the Black hole of Kolkata].

They seemed to spend a lot of time, looking at each other during their many revolutions.

Both myself and Colette, think that they will soon become an item, and we may soon hear the sound of Wedding Bells!!

As soon as the Weather turns warm, both myself and Colette suffer, in our tiny Bedroom.

It lies directly above our Kitchen and although the Oven grill was only on for a short time, it was long enough for some more heat to find itself upstairs, into our Bedroom. After the last few scorching Summers, we were going to invest in a water cooled unit but Colette is worried that water will become stagnant, and we will catch Legionnaires Disease!!

Poor Colette, her already ultra hygiene consciousness, has been made a hundred times worse by the Coronavirus Pandemic!!

She is still disinfecting everything that moves and comes into the House and opens the door to delivery men. in a Face Mask.

She is feeling very nervous about Today, as we have a couple of Men coming in to finally repair a hole in our Lounge ceiling, which was caused by a leak, in our Wet Room. Which will mean, I will be banished upstairs to our Bedroom, while they're here, in case I contact the Coronavirus from them, bless her. She has been shielding me brilliantly, during the Pandemic though.

As I've stated before, Colette is a fantastic Cook and we have decided to have lots of Salads this Summer, to avoid having the Oven on, for too long.

Yesterday, Colette cooked some Pork Loins, covered in a Teriyaki sauce and accompanied by her home-made, Potato Salad, covered in Greek Yoghurt, Mayo and a dash of Mustard. It was absolutely delicious!!

If it is to be a "Heatwave Summer" bring it on, if it results in cooking of such high quality.

As you have seen before, I've even included some of Colette's culinary handiwork, as part of "Virtual" Prizes, at the end of some of my Fantasy Sports Competitions.

Right, enough of Tales from Tom's House in Lee, it's time for my Medication and Breakfast.

In a short while, I will begin posting up Tomorrow's selections for the SE12 Entrants.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 2
    Posted

Evening all,

Still very warm and humid, here in S.E. London.

The plasterer arrived at 8 A.M., to see to the hole in the Lounge ceiling, and I retreated to our very warm Bedroom, for a couple of hours. I heard Colette giving him a telling off, for not wearing a Face Mask, Evidently, the chap had a negative CV test the Day before, as part of his Company's policy, before entering someone's House,

Colette then spent half an hour, disinfecting every part of the House, where the chap had been.

When I came back downstairs, I spent the time before Lunch, thinning out my Competition Folders.

I keep them on a shelf on a trolley, that was a Disability aid, given to me when I came out of Hospital, after my Stroke in 2015.

You wouldn't believe how much A4 paper I threw out. It must have amounted to half a Brazilian Rainforest!!

My new Laptop, sits on the shelf above my Competition Folders. Colette was complaining that they were getting so full, that they kept sliding off the shelf and falling on to the Lounge floor, meaning that Colette felt she had to disinfect them.

As I stated this Morning, during the Pandemic, my Wife has become a Serial disinfector, of all things.

As well as being a bit of a Nigella Lawson in the Kitchen, Colette proved this Afternoon that she has another talent. Steady on!!

After my Afternoon nap, Colette supervised me having a shave and then decided to give me a bit of a trim. Like a lot of people during the Pandemic, my hair, what's left of it, has become a bit unruly.

Using some very inappropriate scissors, she has made a really good job of it. So, eat your heart out, Nicky Clarke!!

Just had a look at Meteox Radar returns, and there looks to be some quite light Showers, tracking into Southern England, not that far away from Epsom, although they don't appear to be electrified, at present. At this time, most of the Thundery activity looks to be way to our East, over the Low Countries and Germany. 

Just watched the latest BBC Weather Forecast, and Tonight should be mainly dry, just a chance of a bit of showery rain, over the South East but nothing on the heavy side, likely. Tomorrow sees a greater chance of some more noticeable rain, close to the Epsom area.  IMO this Rain, could be a little Thundery in nature but MeteoGroup, courtesy of Ben Rich, aren't sure how far West this will get. Looking at the BBC graphics, the Epsom area could receive a bit of Ppn.

After my dinner, I will reveal details of how the 1st-2nd-3rd, in the Mid/Spring Competition, want their "Virtual" Prize money to be spent on. I will also post up the selections of CASSIE/SE12 and myself, for Tomorrow's 5 Competition Races, which will feature the 3rd Classic of the Flat Season, the Oaks, plus the Group 1 Coronation Cup.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

EARLY/MID SUMMER HORSE RACING COMPETITION

Fri. 4th June

EPSOM 

2:00 Epsom | Standard Racecard | 4 June 2021 | Racing Post

2.00: - Selection - Oscula

2.35: - Selection -mythical madness

3.10: - Selection -japan

3.45: - Selection –victory chime 

4.30: - Selection [Oaks] -ocean Road 

• Like 1
    Posted

Epsom Selections for Friday 4th June

2.00 Dairen

2.35 Irish Admiral

3.10 Al Aasy

3.45 Blue Cup

4.30 🌳Zeyaadha

Haleys Saturday Patent CAT1

2.00 King Frankel

3.45 Stone of Destiny

4.30 🏆 Mojo Star

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Epsom

• 2.00 Dairerin
    • 2.35 Corazon Espinado
    • 3.10 Albaflora
    • 3.45 Strait Of Hormuz
    • 4.30 Snowfall
    • Like 1
    Posted

Evening all,

A quick thank you to Callum [KIRKCALDY WEATHER], Jackie [DRECKLY] and Gav [SUMMER SUN], for Tomorrow's selections.

Feeling really tired Tonight, think the very warm Weather down here is getting to me or having my hair trimmed, has weakened my stamina!!

I will post up the selections of the SE12 Entrants, Tomorrow Morning.

Also, I will reveal details of how the 1st-2nd-3rd, in the Mid/Spring Competition, want their "Virtual" Prize money to be spent.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

EARLY/MID SUMMER HORSE RACING COMPETITION

Fri. 4th June

EPSOM 

2:00 Epsom | Standard Racecard | 4 June 2021 | Racing Post

2.00: - Selection - Oscula

2.35: - Selection -corazon espinado

3.10: - Selection -Albaflora

3.45: - Selection –dream with me

4.30: - Selection [Oaks] -teona

• Like 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

Morning all,

Still very warm and humid, here in S.E. London.

A quick gander at the Meteox Radar, reveals a little showery rain making it's way across the Channel towards C.S./S.E. England, although anything electrical seems to be confined to its Eastern flank, at the moment.

The Ppn Forecast on the Meteox Website, is suggesting that a little rain could reach London around 7.30, for a short time.

Epsom Downs Racecourse is just over 20 Miles S.S.W. of Central London, so it may receive a sprinkling of Rain, just to freshen the ground up a bit. The advanced Going from the Track is GOOD [Good to Firm, in places], and they have been watering the Course in the past few Days, as you are no doubt aware, it has been dry and very warm, in the past few Days.

Before I post up any selections from the SE12 Entrants, for Today's 5 Competition Races, I'd like to turn my attention to those "Virtual" Prizes, for the 1-2-3, in the Mid/Late Spring Competition.

1st Prize -  PAULBR7, receives 100% of his "Virtual" Returns = £788.56.

Paul would like his "Virtual" Prize to be spent on a Patio, in his and Hayley's back Garden in Chislehurst, on the S.E. London/N.W. Kent border.

2nd Prize - DRECKLY, receives 50% of her "Virtual" Returns  = £248.11.

Jackie has requested a "Virtual" share in a Racehorse, and I have just the chap for her.

Some of you may recall, at the end of the Late Summer/Early Autumn Competition, my other Stepson [STEPHENSE12}, wanted to buy me a share in Corporal Jones. See below.

image.png.d46d53050a7ecfb43d51a104ab50ee46.png  

He is being Trained by Donald McCain, Son of "Ginger" McCain. 

"Ginger" McCain was famous for Training Grand National Legend, Red Rum. 

"Rummy" won a record 3 Grand Nationals, and also came 2nd twice.

Although only 3 at the moment. "The Corporal" is expected to develop into s Staying Chaser and perhaps one day in the future, will take part in the Grand National himself.

Below, is a Youtube clip, that Jackie actually posted herself of Corporal Jones and his Trainer, Donald McCain.

I'll round up Jackie's "Virtual" Winnings to £250. £180 will give her 4 "Virtual" shares and the remaining £70 Jackie would like to be donated to a Horse Charity. I think the Racehorse Rescue Centre, look a worthy candidate. See link below:

Racehorse Rescue Centre

Welcome to the wonderful World of "Virtual" Racehorse ownership but you must promise let us all know, when the Mr McCain thinks "The Corporal" is going to win, please Jackie.

3rd Prize - SUMMER SUN, receives 25% of his "Virtual" Returns = £121.14.

I did contact Gav, regarding his "Virtual" Prize but as of yet, he hasn't got back to me.

I was going to file his winning "Betting Slips", into the **Sleepers** pile.

I feel an ITV style "jargon buster", coming on.

A "Sleeper" is a Betting Shop term given to a winning Betting Slip, that has been unclaimed by a Punter.

But rather than do that, I'll round up Gav's "Virtual" winnings to £125, and award him some Ocado Food Vouchers.

As well as being a culinary genius, and closet hairdresser, my Wife Colette, after being a self-professed Technophobe, she has become very proficient using the Internet, on her Samsung Mobile.

Quite a lot of the time, Colette can be found ordering Online groceries, from the likes of Iceland, Ocado, Sainsburys and Tesco.

Colette especially likes Ocado, as their delivery Men, tend to follow Socially Distancing rules, and wear Face Masks.

Therefore, on Colette's advice, I will be awarding Gav, £125 of Ocado Food Vouchers.

In a short while, I will begin posting up Today's selections for the SE12 Entrants.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

CASSIE/SE12

Fri. 4th June

EPSOM image.png.8ecad189b8691f25de99f181b19eddf5.png

2.00: - image.png.d1e27002a55f3b42ea2c1a979ac5520e.png Dairerin .

2.35: - image.png.d480de277fcba0390b47023c32e617f5.pngIrish Admiral.

3.10: - image.png.5f1d0459d8871ae12571aad55426c938.pngMogul.

3.45: - image.png.fe937bcb7b7e488d9b5310ce09993a4e.pngDream With Me.

4.30: - [Oaks] - image.png.7aff72fb59c8d0a6c9dea8fb86ff4c5a.pngSnowfall.

TOMSE12

Fri. 4th June

2.00: - image.png.55aa704624928b485dbbcd70d21e5106.pngRaging.

2.35: - image.png.5b66315732cadaef3bd68d3f99bd7463.pngCorazon Espinado.

3.10: - image.png.9087304b58671acdeecfddb72525e5c1.pngJapan. 

3.45: - image.png.f38f5812d2649f2b271434eae98ed236.pngBlue Cup.

4.30: - [Oaks] - image.png.432793cbb60de7162d6b94f8d09be85f.pngDivinely.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    Posted

I will now post up the Place Structures for Today's 5 Competition Races, and the corresponding value of Points on offer.

Remember, I will be introducing that revamped Points Scoring System, for the Early/Mid Summer Competition: 

WINNERS POINTS VALUE

1/4 and Less  = 1 Point. 2/7 to 40/85. = 2 Points. 1/2 to EVENS = 3 Points. 11/10 to 3/1. = 4 Points. 100/30 to 6/1 = 5 Points.                        13/2 to 10/1 = 6 Points. 11/1 to 16/1 = 7 Points. 18/1 to 28/1 = 8 Points. 33/1 or More = 10 Points.

Fri. 4th June

2.00: - S.P.?, 2pts, 1pt. 

2.35: - S.P.?, 2pts, 1pt. 

3.10: - S.P.?, 2pts.

Today's Special Bonus Race, will be the competitive, 3.45 at Epsom. Select the Winner and you will receive, "Double the Points."

3.45: - S.P.?, 2pts, 1pt. 

4.30: - [Oaks] - S.P.?, 3pts, 2pts, 1pt. 

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇

• Like 1
    Posted

Morning all. Looking forward to today (and tomorrow). V competitive today, as usual at Epsom, and let's be honest not the easiest of tracks to predict winners, as i reck the course comes as a bit of a shock for many horses.

Will be having a decent punt today, for sure.

Epsom

2.00 Zolton Star

2.35 Storting

3.10 Mogul

3.45 Kaleidoscopic

4.30 Teona

Best of luck to all.

BB

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Posted

Little bit on Corporal Jones

CORPORAL JONES (IRE)
    Sex/Colour: BAY COLT
    Sire: WAR COMMAND (USA)
    Dam: BESSIE LOU (IRE) (Monjeu)
    Owner: OWNERS GROUP 071
    👍🐴

• Like 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

AVENGERSE12

Fri. 4th June

EPSOM image.png.298742d6a63d9f0aa05aa53f6dc0579f.png

2.00: - image.png.fc1c8653ceac16d785c2aa0de7371c6d.pngFlaming Rib.

2.35: - image.png.4e78995738188682338fbca1592c8208.png Hortzadar .

3.10: - image.png.40c8c3ba41434e50677f6fd8c2aae5f1.pngHighland Chief. 

3.45: - image.png.accdb5de718092e5e90c5b6e976d2a98.pngSky Defender. 

4.30: - [Oaks] - image.png.16525432d83a64e7d39c0eb367701895.pngOcean Road.

For those that are interested, ITV mentioned during last Saturday's coverage, that they will be doing a feature on the           "Special One" -  image.thumb.png.756e9ef0e2f4e9bb0bd88dbfd8df69d3.png - GALILEO.

But I'm not sure if it will be in Today's Broadcast, or Tomorrow's.

I'm hoping he will repeat last Years Oaks [LOVE]/Derby [SERPENTINE] Double.

This Year he is directly represented in the Oaks by [DIVINELY]/Derby [BOLSHOI BALLET].

But he appears in many other Runners Pedigrees, as their Grandsire.

I will post up the Racing Post links for Tomorrow's Runners, around Lunchtime Today,

Also details of additional Category 1 - HAYLEYBR7's DERBY DAY PATENT.

The very best of luck to all, "Virtually" or "Actually."

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1