Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I know there's a load of helpful people on this forum so I'm really crossing my fingers that somebody knows something which we could do to progress things in this situation

A few days ago my daughter left a bag containing all her keys in an Uber she got from the Hertford area.

She realised soon after she got out of the car but the driver had already gone.

Despite contacting Uber almost immediately, she has still not heard back from the driver and now Uber are telling her they have have done all they can do and will not be pursuing the matter any more.

All she knows about the driver is that he goes under the name Bruce and drives a Nissan Leaf.

Is there anything more than can be done to contact the driver and secure the return of her bag? She is understandably pretty distraught about the whole thing, especially as she had keys on her which were for her work.

Any assistance in the shape of ideas of what can be done would be much appreciated

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted

Does she still have her phone? I don't have the Uber app, but I would have thought there's history of the journey in the app. The support doc suggests this should include the reg number....

How to identify a driver and vehicle

When you request a ride, your app sends your request to nearby drivers. After you're matched with a driver, your app shares info about the vehicle and driver headed to your pickup location.

Tap the bar that includes the driver's name, photo, and vehicle. This displays a photo of your driver along with the vehicle's make, model, and license plate number.

When you see your driver's vehicle at your pickup location, confirm that the license plate number displayed in your app matches the actual vehicle. Drivers will often ask your name before starting the trip.

HELP.UBER.COM

When you request a ride, your app sends your request to nearby drivers. After you're matched with a driver, your app shares info about the vehicle and driver headed to your pickup location. Tap the bar that includes...

Google Uber journey history for instructions.