Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

UEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2020 COMPETITION

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather

Afternoon all,

I hope I find yourself and your Family, well.

Much thanks ROSS90 for your Entry, and welcome to the Competition crowd.

But I will have to ask you to "drop", one of your "SUPER STRIKERS".

Below, is the relevant part of the Rules, regarding "SUPER STRIKERS".

"GOALSCORER"/"SUPER STRIKER" SELECTIONS

You may only select 2 **starred** Players, from your 6 selected Goalscorers.

These Players will be referred to as “SUPER STRIKERS". 

**Kylian MBAPPE [Fra]**, is also a “SUPER STRIKER" . so one of **LUKAKU**, **KANE** or **MBAPPE"", will have to be discarded.

I see you also have **Cristiano RONALDO**, on the bench.

Remember, you're only allowed to have 2 **SUPER STRIKERS** in "Play", at any one time.

Therefore, if you use a **SUPER STRIKER** from the Subs Bench, he can ONLY replace one of your other **SUPER STRIKERS**.

I realise there is plenty to look at, in the Format but having "hosted" plenty of Competitions for these Month long Football Tournaments, when I used to work for a Bookmaker in Croydon, Surrey, [World Cups, European Ch'ships and Champions League], I became used to this type of Format.

One other prediction you need to make Ross, is to predict your - PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT. See Betting Odds Guide, below:

PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT

PLAYER                                                    ODDS

Kylian MBAPPE [Fra]                                       9/1

**Kevin DE BRUYNE [Bel]**                           14/1

Harry KANE [Eng]                                           14/1

Antoine GRIEZMANN [Fra]                          16/1

Cristiano RONALDO [Por]                            20/1

Virgil VAN DIJK [Neth]                                   22/1

Paul POGBA [Fra]                                            25/1

Bruno FERNANDES [Por]                               28/1

Phil FODEN [Eng]                                            28/1

Romelu LUKAKU [Bel]                                   28/1

Eden HAZARD.[Bel]                                        33/1                                   

WIN ONLY.            

40/1 BAR THESE PLAYERS.

OTHERS ON REQUEST.

**NB** - As you are no doubt aware Kevin DE BRUYNE picked up a nasty facial injury, in the Champions League Final, on Saturday. Although quite a few Bookmakers still have him at around 8/1/9/1, one Bookmaker has pushed him out to 14/1.

Although DE BRUYNE could play with some sort of facial protection, he must still be considered as doubtful, for the Tournament.

I will be contacting Ross via P.M., regarding the above points,

But if you read this post Ross, much thanks for your Entry.

Just want to reiterate, those of you that have already registered an Entry, can still change your Entries and along with those Members wanting to register an Entry, have until 9 P.M on Weds. 9th June, to post up their predictions.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom. 👍                       

• Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 170
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon all, I hope I find yourselves and your Families, well. I had to contact Kirkcaldy Weather, regarding his 4th "Goalscorer", Marco Reus. Reus has failed to make the German 26 M

One very final post, from me. UEFA EURO 2020 Team of the Tournament revealed: Tuesday 13 July 2021                                                                                  

Evening all, Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well. Below, is the Format/Scoring System for the Semi-Finals. UEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020 COMPETITION  Predict the Scor

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Unable to edit my previous post..

Updated Scorers -

1. **Lukaku**

2. **Kane**

3. Lewandoski 

4. Morata

5. Depay

6. Yilmaz

Sub 1 - Werner, sub 2 - Immobile

Player of the Tournament - Lukaku

• Like 2
    Posted
    7 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Unable to edit my previous post..

Updated Scorers -

1. **Lukaku**

2. **Kane**

3. Lewandoski 

4. Morata

5. Depay

6. Yilmaz

Sub 1 - Werner, sub 2 - Immobile

Player of the Tournament - Lukaku

Much thanks Ross, for your prompt reply.

I will adjust your predictions accordingly and post up an image of your Prediction Slip, Tomorrow.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

• Like 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

Morning all,

I hope I find yourself and your Family, well.

I will now post up an image of Prediction Slip of ROSS90, who posted his Entry, Yesterday Afternoon.

image.thumb.png.1468f740c1e3c57461f136761bdbd165.png

As with every Entry, you will also be allocated a £1 Double, on your Outright Winning Team combined your Leading Goalscorer, of the Tournament.

In the case of Ross90. this England and Romelu Lukaku. The Betting Odds are 50/1.

I will be posting my own Entry, at the Weekend.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 

20210601_074159 (4).jpg

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 2
    Posted

Morning all,

I hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

I just want to clarify a couple of Points, about the Format for the Competition.

Regarding the use of Substitutes,

You can only use a Substitute to replace a Player who has been injured, suspended, or out of form.

You can NOT use a Substitute to replace a Player from a Team, that has been eliminated.

You may only claim Goals scored by a Substitute, once they're "in Play" for you, and not before.

On the subject of Goals. 

In the Knockout Stage, you will be asked to predict the Result/Correct Score in each Match, during each Round.

Just as in a Result/Correct Score Bet with a Bookmaker, the Result/Score at 90 minutes will count for the purposes of this Competition.

But any Goals your "Goalscorers"/"Super Strikers" score in Extra Time, will count but NOT Goals scored in any subsequent, Penalty Shoot-Out.

Regards,

Tom. 👍  

• Thanks 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

Morning all,

I will now post up the remaining predictions, in the initial Phase of the Competition, for my Stepson [AVENGERSE12}:

"GOALSCORERS"/"SUPER STRIKERS" CATEGORY

SUBSTITUTE:     1 - image.png.f750374593c18ac9acf72727dd53d9cc.pngRaheem STERLING [Eng].

SUBSTITUTE:     2. - ** image.png.e9a14501b94849b4f1c601b1b8e87f31.pngKylian MBAPPE** [Fra].

HIGHEST SCORING TEAM: - £2image.png.acc30a3c6a23372d8e1eb219998db907.pngPortugal @ 12/1.

Soon, I will post up the remaining predictions, in the initial Phase of the Competition, for ANTONYBR7, CASSIE/SE12 and TOMSE12.

Regards,

Tom. 👍  

Edited by TomSE12
    • Thanks 2
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

image.png.928e62551d73f55febfa75fae1d4dc4e.pngUEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020 COMPETITION 

I will now post up some more Entrant's predictions, for the UEFA European Championships 2020 Competition.

I'll begin with AVENGERSE12's final Wager, in the initial Phase of the Competition:

AVENGERSE12

BONUS WAGER - OUTRIGHT WINNER/TOP GOALSCORER DOUBLE

image.png.e21f18ddc66126b83d1199f17cac6015.pngEngland/image.png.e21f18ddc66126b83d1199f17cac6015.pngHarry Kane. £1 @ 16/1. 

Now, the final predictions for ANTONYBR7, in the initial Phase of the Competition:

ANTONYBR7

"GOALSCORERS"/"SUPER STRIKERS":

1. - **Kylian MBAPPE** [Fra]. 2. - **Romelu LUKAKU** [Bel]. 3. - Alvaro MORATA [Spa].  

4. - Ciro IMMOBILE [Ita]. 5. - Timo WERNER [Ger]. 6. - Burak YILMAZ [Tur].

SUBSTITUTE - 1 - **Harry KANE** [Eng]. SUBSTITUTE - 2. - Raheem STERLING [Eng]. 

PLAYER OF THE TOURNANENT

image.thumb.png.8a7429905d13ec40b3ca0973e9c4d900.pngKylian  MBAPPE [Fra]. £2 @ 9/1.

BONUS WAGER - OUTRIGHT WINNER/TOP GOALSCORER DOUBLE:

image.png.01bf701e6008543151eb3c270dc46a45.pngItaly/image.png.3a1aa03b4a74dbf64b706fdbabe1d1ce.png Kylian  Mbappe. £1 @ 100/1. 

In a short while, I will post up the final predictions for CASSIE/SE12, in the initial Phase of the Competition.

Regards,

Tom.  👍  

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by TomSE12
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

image.png.928e62551d73f55febfa75fae1d4dc4e.pngUEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020 COMPETITION 

Now, the final predictions for CASSIE/SE12, in the initial Phase of the Competition:

CASSIE/SE12

1. - **Harry KANE** [Eng}. 2. - **Kylian MBAPPE** [Fra]. 3. - Alvaro MORATA [Spa].  

4. - Cristiano RONALDO [Por]. 5. - Timo WERNER [Ger]. 6. - Federico CHIESA [Ita] .

SUBSTITUTE - 1 - . **Romelu LUKAKU** [Bel]. 2. - Raheem STERLING [Eng]. 

PLAYER OF THE TOURNANENT

image.png.7fdee03fff75b54a16a33c765b70b1c2.pngHarry KANE [Eng]. £2 @ 14/1.

image.png.3fff13d81f2f3315fc16c79ca84b4caf.pngEngland/image.png.5702caa0dd5270c82de4646ac52312e2.pngHarry Kane. £1 @ 16/1.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

image.png

image.png

Edited by TomSE12
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

UEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020 COMPETITION

Now, the final predictions for TOMSE12, in the initial Phase of the Competition:

TOMSE12

OUTRIGHT WINNERS CATEGORY 

£5 WIN image.png.8dc66e3f21605fdccd41558b185bb971.pngFrance @ 11/2. £2.50 EACH WAY image.png.bfd6be2e9ceb2a891bff1dedd01c12ba.pngGermany @ 15/2.

1. - **Kylian MBAPPE** [Fra]. 2. - **Romelu LUKAKU** [Bel. 3. - Alvaro MORATA [Spa].  

4. - Federico CHIESA [Ita]. 5. - Raheem STERLING [Eng].  6. - Kai HAVERTZ [Ger].

SUBSTITUTE - 1 - **Harry KANE** [Eng]. 2. - Burak YILMAZ [Tur]. 

PLAYER OF THE TOURNANENT

image.png.725a2dea1be151058148288c0e0d280c.pngKylian  MBAPPE [Fra]. £2 @ 9/1. 

image.png.8dc66e3f21605fdccd41558b185bb971.pngFrance/image.png.8dc66e3f21605fdccd41558b185bb971.pngKylian Mbappe £1 @ 22/1.

Tom. 👍 

Edited by TomSE12
    • Thanks 1
    Posted

Afternoon all,

I had to contact Kirkcaldy Weather, regarding his 4th "Goalscorer", Marco Reus.

Reus has failed to make the German 26 Man Squad. Callum has opted for Bayern Munich's, Thomas Müller. 

“GOALSCORER” 4 –Marco Reus Germany. Thomas Müller. [Germany].

Evidently, Callum was inspired to call on Müller, because of my Christian name.

But there's nothing light about this Thomas, he was always a popular choice in my previous Football Competitions.

image.png.f932078d11e1617962d0f268af2396cb.png  Müller has scored a total of 252 Goals for Club and Country.

He has been a loyal servant to Bayern, throughout his entire career.

Interestingly via my Father, my blood is actually 25% German and via my Mother, 50% Italian, with the other 25% being English.

I'm quite a "Heinz 57" but with a decent Football pedigree!!

I have checked all those Members that have entered so far, and all their "Goalscorers"/"Super Strikers", have made their respective Squads.

For those Members still wishing to Enter, and please remember that the Entry Deadline is 9 P.M., on this coming Wednesday. below is a link to competing Country's, 26 Man Squads:

All the EURO 2020 squads | UEFA EURO 2020 | UEFA.com

Regards,

Tom. 👍   

• Like 2
    • Thanks 2
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

image.png.543379b5fef380c0073b79b4aefe2b9c.pngUEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020 COMPETITION 

Morning all,

I have decided to extend the Entry Deadline, until 9 P.M. Tomorrow Evening [10th].

That should give those Members still looking to enter, enough time to complete their Entry.

I will now pull each strand of the initial predicting Phase, together in a few Posts..

PART 1 [GROUP STAGE]

OUTRIGHT WINNERS

Using the Betting Odds as a Guide, posted at the start of the Competition Thread, on 11th May and employing your allocated "Virtual Stakes.

1] - Indicate your "Virtual" £5 to Win, on your Team/Country of choice, that you think will win the Tournament.

2] - Indicate your "Virtual" £2.50 Each Way, on a Team/Country of choice, that you think may get to the Final but end up losing Finalists.

Please Copy/Paste your predictions, into the boxes provided below:

OUTRIGHT WINNER [Win Prediction]: -

OUTRIGHT WINNER [Each Way Prediction]: - 

NAME THE FINALISTS

Using the Betting Odds as a Guide, posted the same Day, as above and employing your allocated £2 "Virtual" Stakes.

Indicate which 2 Teams/Countries you think, will contest the Final.

**NB** - Your NAME THE FINALISTS prediction, doesn't have to be the same 2 Teams, that you've Selected in the OUTRIGHT WINNERS Category.

NAME THE FINALISTS: -

GROUP PREDICTIONS

Rather than predict the Correct Score and therefore the Result in each Match of the Group Stage [I'll leave that to the Knockout Stage], predict the finishing positions in each of the 6 Groups [A,B.C,D,E and F[. You will receive 2 Points, for each correct prediction.

See posts containing the 6 Groups [A,B,C,D,E and F], Betting Odds Guide and Selection Box, made on the same Day, as above.

GROUP A - 1st] -      2nd] -      3rd] -     4th] –                      GROUP B - 1st] -      2nd] -      3rd] -     4th] –

GROUP C - 1st] -      2nd] -      3rd] -     4th] –                      GROUP D - 1st] -      2nd] -      3rd] -     4th] –

GROUP E - 1st] -      2nd] -      3rd] -     4th] –                       GROUP E - 1st] -      2nd] -      3rd] -     4th] –

In a short while, I will post up the Format and Selection Boxes, for the Goalscorers/Super Strikers, Player of the Tournament and Highest Scoring Team, Categories.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

image.png.543379b5fef380c0073b79b4aefe2b9c.pngUEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020 COMPETITION 

Select 6 “Goalscorers.” ONLY 1 from any one Team. You may only select 2 **starred** Players, from your 6 selected Goalscorers. These Players will be referred to as “SUPER STRIKERS. Your “Goalscorers” will earn you Points, as they hopefully progress through the Tournament.

You will also be allocated 2 Substitute "Goalscorers" [1 of which can be a "Super Striker"].

**NB** - You can only Substitute "Goalscorers" who have been Injured or Suspended and NOT if they play for a Team, that have been eliminated from the Tournament. Also, you can only Substitute a "Goalscorer" at the start of a Stage, and NOT after. You will have to wait until the next Stage, is about to begin. And as in "actual" Football, your Substituted "Goalscorer", can play no further part in the Competition.  

**NB**- You may also choose Players, who are NOT shown in the Betting List, below. But please remember, ONLY one "Goalscorer" per Team and a total of 2 Players starred, with **asterisks.**

Please Copy/Paste your 6 “Goalscorers” into the Boxes, provided below. You may only select 2 Starred “Goalscorers” ["Super Strikers"], amongst your 6 selections, and 1 Substitute "Super Striker." Please ensure that you place your predicted Leading “Goalscorer”, in Box 1, as this will earn you extra Points, should your prediction prove correct.     

You will find a  "Goalscorers"/"Super Strikers" Guide, for the leading 12 Teams in the Tournament, contained in Posts I made on 12th and 13th May.

*NB** - You may ONLY Substitute one of your "Goalscorers"/"Super Strikers", if they have been injured or suspended but NOT if their Team has been eliminated, from the Tournament.

Substitutions can ONLY be made at the start of a Stage, and not mid-Stage.

Once a Player has been Substituted, he CAN'T re-enter the Competition at a later date.

**NB** - Statistics for each Player have NOT been updated, after the recent Friendlies.    

“GOALSCORER” 1. -

“GOALSCORER” 2. –

“GOALSCORER” 3. –

“GOALSCORER” 4 –

“GOALSCORER” 5 –

“GOALSCORER” 6 -

SUBSTITUTE     1 -

SUBSTITUTE     2. - 

PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT

Predict the Player you think will be voted Player of the Tournament.

Using the Betting Odds as a Guide, posted on 17th May.

Please Copy/Paste your prediction, into the Box provided below: 

PLAYER OF THE TOURNANENT: - 

HIGHEST SCORING TEAM

Predict the Team you think will score most Goals, during the Tournament.

Using the Betting Odds as a Guide, posted on 25th May.

Please Copy/Paste your prediction, into the Box provided below: 

HIGHEST SCORING TEAM: -

That completes the predicting Format, for the initial Phase of the Competition.

In a short while, I will post up the Scoring System, for the above Phase of the Competition.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

I will now post up the Scoring System for those 6 Categories above:

OUTRIGHT WINNERS 

Allocated "Virtual" Stakes : £5 WIN on the Team, that you think will win the Tournament, at the Betting Odds quoted.

£2.50 EACH WAY on the Team, that you think will be Losing Finalists in the Tournament, at the Betting Odds quoted.

NAME THE FINALISTS: 

Allocated "Virtual" Stakes : £2 WIN on the 2 Teams that you think will contest the Final, at the Betting Odds quoted.

GROUP PHASE Goals = 1 Point.  ROUND OF 16 Goals = 2 Points. QUARTER FINAL Goals = 3 Points.

SEMI-FINAL Goals - 4 Points. FINAL Goals - 5 Points.

PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT

Allocated "Virtual" Stakes : £2 WIN on the Player that you think will be Player of the Tournament, at the Betting Odds quoted.

HIGHEST SCORING TEAM

Allocated "Virtual" Stakes :

£2 WIN on the Team that you think will be the highest scoring at the Tournament, at the Betting Odds quoted.

The Scoring System is identical to the one I use, in my Horse Racing Competitions.

Any Points gained will be converted to "Virtual" £'s and added to any "Virtual" Returns, gained.

The Entrant gaining the most "Virtual" Returns, by the end of the Tournament, shall be deemed the Winner. 

That completes the Format and Scoring System for the initial Phase, of the Competition. Apart from possible Substitutions, you do not need to do anything, until the Knockout Phase, where you will be asked to predict the Result/Correct Score, in each of the 15 Matches.

So, all you need to do now is sit back, enjoy the Football and let the Tournament unfold, until the Knockout Phase.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 2
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

image.png.499b64cdb4ac7630930a4e1f433ae34d.pngUEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020 COMPETITION 

Afternoon all,

A little bit disappointed not to see any more Entries, as of yet.

Not long to wait now, with just 4 hours to the Entry Deadline, and a little more than 24 hours, to the kick-off of the first Match.

This will be the Group A encounter in Rome, between Italy and Turkey. 

I do have 3 more Entries, which are guests and Family Members.

I'll begin with the Entry of my Daughter [HAYLEYBR7]

HAYLEYBR7 

PART 1 [GROUP STAGE]

OUTRIGHT WINNERS - image.png.13c6389207d08702081d85e011fb1bf2.pngBelgium £5 WIN @ 11/2. image.png.39315400eed573cf97cecdd59f884ff1.pngFrance £2.50 EACH WAY @ 11/2.

NAME THE FINALISTS - image.png.13c6389207d08702081d85e011fb1bf2.pngBelgium/image.png.39315400eed573cf97cecdd59f884ff1.pngFrance. £2 @ 12/1.

GROUP PREDICTIONS  

GROUP A - 1st] - Italy.2nd] - Turkey. 3rd] -  Switzerland. 4th] – Wales.

GROUP B - 1st] - Belgium.2nd] - Denmark. 3rd] - Russia. 4th] – Finland.

GROUP C - 1st] - Netherlands. 2nd] - Ukraine. 3rd] - Austria. 4th] – North Macedonia.                     

GROUP D - 1st] - England. 2nd] - Croatia. 3rd] - Czech Republic. 4th] – Scotland.

GROUP E - 1st] - Spain. 2nd] - Sweden. 3rd] - Poland. 4th] – Slovakia.                       

GROUP E - 1st] - France. 2nd] - Germany. 3rd] - Portugal. 4th] – Hungary.

“GOALSCORER” 1. -  image.png.2f2cd11e716f4620f47aac75094d5b4b.png**Romelu LUKAKU** [Bel].  “GOALSCORER” 2. – image.png.39315400eed573cf97cecdd59f884ff1.png**Kylian MBAPPE** [Fra].

“GOALSCORER” 3. –  image.png.ba390ee9e752d5eac8c7014616283ead.pngThomas MULLER [Ger]. “GOALSCORER” 4 – image.png.aee75471bce4075a622b93fe5c03b2fe.pngRaheem STERLING [Eng].

“GOALSCORER” 5 –   image.png.be5561aa45d6079b276882d06707af3a.pngAlvaro MORATA [Spa]. “GOALSCORER” 6 -image.png.c3b40751cf8a665cd7c4a5c5b8b54e7b.pngMemphis DEPAY [Neth].  

SUBSTITUTE     1 -   image.png.aee75471bce4075a622b93fe5c03b2fe.png**Harry KANE** [Eng]. SUBSTITUTE     2. - image.png.ba390ee9e752d5eac8c7014616283ead.pngTimo Werner [Ger].  

PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT - image.png.c4731c9ad59f513367b4c23d360b8fb8.png - image.png.2f2cd11e716f4620f47aac75094d5b4b.png Youri TIELEMANS [Bel].

HIGHEST SCORING TEAM - image.png.2f2cd11e716f4620f47aac75094d5b4b.pngBelgium.

In a short while, I will post up the predictions of my Daughter's partner - PAULBR7.

Regards,

Tom.  👍  

Edited by TomSE12
    • Thanks 1
    Posted

image.png.3ae1bf135334e7911f55eb6f3ef191a8.pngUEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020 COMPETITION 

I will now post up the Entry of my Daughter's partner - PAULBR7.

PAULBR7 

PART 1 [GROUP STAGE]

OUTRIGHT WINNERS -  image.png.8d44e88caccfb7c8f127cfd7bc0b591e.pngFrance. £5 WIN @ 11/2. image.png.641a4fc8075778973b17aa320ecbd266.pngGermany. £2.50 EACH WAY @ 15/2.

NAME THE FINALISTS - image.png.8d44e88caccfb7c8f127cfd7bc0b591e.pngFrance/image.png.641a4fc8075778973b17aa320ecbd266.pngGermany. £2 @ 12/1.

GROUP PREDICTIONS  

GROUP A - 1st] - Italy. 2nd] - Turkey. 3rd] -  Switzerland. 4th] – Wales.

GROUP B - 1st] - Belgium. 2nd] - Russia. 3rd] - Denmark. 4th] – Finland.

GROUP C - 1st] - Netherlands. 2nd] - Ukraine. 3rd] - Austria. 4th] – North Macedonia.                     

GROUP D - 1st] - England. 2nd] - Croatia. 3rd] - Czech Republic. 4th] – Scotland.

GROUP E - 1st] - Spain. 2nd] - Poland. 3rd] - Sweden. 4th] – Slovakia.                       

“GOALSCORER” 1. -   image.png.a8845699694a71e1e4b300f468f7ca78.png**Kylian MBAPPE** [Fra].  “GOALSCORER” 2. – image.png.451c62078d2765f490e7951ca85b74a5.png**Romelu LUKAKU** [Bel]. 

“GOALSCORER” 3. –  image.png.7ada1be64fae51b67d942cc5f9df76e0.pngLeroy Sane [Ger]. “GOALSCORER” 4 – image.png.ed95d2653a28350f00f7274775b881e4.pngMarcus Rashford [Eng].

“GOALSCORER” 5 –   image.png.6d70a202d94261796456376cfd574e07.pngAlvaro MORATA [Spa]. “GOALSCORER” 6 -image.png.6f2a94d8970d09701a3337a539011679.pngRobert LEWANDOWSKI [Pol].

SUBSTITUTE     1 -   image.png.ed95d2653a28350f00f7274775b881e4.png**Harry KANE** [Eng]. SUBSTITUTE 2. - image.png.7ada1be64fae51b67d942cc5f9df76e0.pngKai HAVERTZ [Ger].  

PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT -image.png.31563085a6a217c2b5a6f676c287f92d.png  - image.png.a8845699694a71e1e4b300f468f7ca78.pngN'Golo Kante [Fra].

HIGHEST SCORING TEAM - image.png.a8845699694a71e1e4b300f468f7ca78.pngFrance.

Regards,

Tom. 👍  

• Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

I think I have entered all of mine so far? Let me know if I've forgotten anything 👍

• Like 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)
    1 hour ago, Dreckly said:

I think I have entered all of mine so far? Let me know if I've forgotten anything 👍

Evening Jackie, 

all you need to do, is to predict the HIGHEST SCORING TEAM, in the Tournament:

HIGHEST SCORING TEAM: -

You will find the Betting Odds for this Category, in a post I made on May 25th.

Much thanks.

I forgot to post up the Bonus Wager Category, for HAYLEYBR7 and PAULBR7.

HAYLEYBR7

image.png.a9e6707614d27a13973f486e98cae9e1.pngBelgium/image.png.a9e6707614d27a13973f486e98cae9e1.png Romelu  LUKAKU. £1 @ 22/1. 

PAULBR7

image.png.3cb5657f432031491a8d9e86d45b2e20.pngFrance/image.png.3cb5657f432031491a8d9e86d45b2e20.png Kylian  Mbappe £1 @ 22/1.

UEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020 COMPETITION 

I will now post up the final Entry, for this Evening. That of the Husband of my Niece, RAFFABR1.

RAFFABR1

PART 1 [GROUP STAGE]

OUTRIGHT WINNERS -  image.png.9c4620ec9bb228cd63993f18c81db85a.pngItaly. £5 WIN @ 12/1. image.png.3cb5657f432031491a8d9e86d45b2e20.pngFrance. £2.50 EACH WAY @ 11/2.

NAME THE FINALISTS - image.png.3cb5657f432031491a8d9e86d45b2e20.pngFrance/image.png.9c4620ec9bb228cd63993f18c81db85a.pngItaly. £2 @ 20/1.

GROUP PREDICTIONS  

GROUP A - 1st] - Italy. 2nd] - Turkey. 3rd] -  Switzerland. 4th] – Wales.

GROUP B - 1st] - Belgium. 2nd] - Russia. 3rd] - Denmark. 4th] – Finland.

GROUP D - 1st] - England. 2nd] - Croatia. 3rd] - Scotland. 4th] – Czech Republic.

GROUP E - 1st] - Spain. 2nd] - Poland. 3rd] - Sweden. 4th] – Slovakia.                       

“GOALSCORER” 1. -  image.png.3cb5657f432031491a8d9e86d45b2e20.png **Kylian MBAPPE** [Fra].  “GOALSCORER” 2. – image.png.a9e6707614d27a13973f486e98cae9e1.png**Romelu LUKAKU** [Bel]. 

“GOALSCORER” 3. – image.png.9c4620ec9bb228cd63993f18c81db85a.pngCiro IMMOBILE [Ita]. “GOALSCORER” 4 – image.png.683d62a4bb07bbce129b3d42b404474a.png Timo WERNER .

“GOALSCORER” 5 –   image.png.cee9e2ea916cce04e20eb3e1889f60a7.pngAlvaro MORATA [Spa]. “GOALSCORER” 6 -image.png.124f262f10c0d4b6bf7beb6462c0ed9f.pngRobert LEWANDOWSKI [Pol].

SUBSTITUTE     1 -  image.png.4b539d025c99ce656156291f286dda7f.png**Harry KANE** [Eng]. SUBSTITUTE 2. - image.png.9c4620ec9bb228cd63993f18c81db85a.pngFederico CHIESA [ITA].  

PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT -image.thumb.png.b3157bafa0d61697b5e43437d53602a1.png - image.png.9c4620ec9bb228cd63993f18c81db85a.pngFederico CHIESA [ITA].   

HIGHEST SCORING TEAM - image.png.9c4620ec9bb228cd63993f18c81db85a.pngItaly.

BONUS WAGER - OUTRIGHT WINNER/TOP GOALSCORER DOUBLE  

image.png.9c4620ec9bb228cd63993f18c81db85a.pngItaly/image.png.3cb5657f432031491a8d9e86d45b2e20.png Kylian  Mbappe £1 @ 22/1.

If any Members would still like to Enter, I will pick up your Entry in the Morning.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom.  👍  

Edited by TomSE12
    Posted
  • Location: Solihull, WestMidlands, 121m asl -20 would be nice :-)
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
  • Location: Solihull, WestMidlands, 121m asl -20 would be nice :-)

Wow Tom, I’m loving your enthusiasm, but from your first post and Maybe I’ve got things wrong....things have changed from ...1st post (please Copy/Paste your prediction, into the OUTRIGHT WINNER Box, below. Please make sure you indicate whether you want £5 WIN or £2.50 EACH WAY) 👍 simplicity was that......to, too much is going on now, lost it ...I don’t know what’s happening 🥴 can I have first and second teams ? Regards DWW

Edited by Dancerwithwings
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

Good morning 🍀

Can I have top scoring team as France please Tom 👍

🏆

• Like 1
    Posted
    12 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Wow Tom, I’m loving your enthusiasm, but from your first post and Maybe I’ve got things wrong....things have changed from ...1st post (please Copy/Paste your prediction, into the OUTRIGHT WINNER Box, below. Please make sure you indicate whether you want £5 WIN or £2.50 EACH WAY) 👍 simplicity was that......to, too much is going on now, lost it ...I don’t know what’s happening 🥴 can I have first and second teams ? Regards DWW

Morning all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

Hi Dww,

No well spotted and I'm glad that somebody, reads my posts.

Yes, originally I said that you could either have £5 WIN or £2.50 EACH WAY, on a Team in the Outright Winners Category [May 11].

But a little while after my introductory post, EAGLE EYE posted up his predictions, and had £5 WIN France and £2.50 E.W. Belgium.

I liked the idea of allocating Entrants a Win Wager and an E.W. Wager., and a couple of posts later, I made this alteration, to the Format. QUOTE:

"Much thanks for your Entry Eagle Eye. I should have made it clear, I meant only one Wager on the Team you think would win but you've given me an idea. I will allocate 2 "Virtual" Wagers to each Entrant, one WIN and one EACH WAY."

Therefore, yes you are allocated BOTH "Virtual" £5 WIN and £2.50 EACH WAY Wagers, on the Teams of your choice.

If the confusion over this initial post has prevented you from entering, I apologise.

I have decided to extend the Entry Deadline to 6 P.M. now, so if you still would like to Enter Dws, please feel free to do so.

But 6 P.M. will definitely be the FINAL Deadline.

I tend to announce this Entry Deadlines a little in advance  of the start of a Football Tournament Competition, to avoid a last minute, scramble.

When I "hosted" these Fantasy Sports Competitions when I was working for a Credit Bookmakers in Croydon, Surrey, I did so for quite a but of Prize Money, involved.

But I still had a couple of Entrants trying to their Entries in, e.g. the Morning after Matchday 1, in a Champion's League Competition, and their Entry already a couple of Score correct and a few Goalscorers.

Had I accepted these Entries, "after the off", I would have no doubt been lynched by my Colleagues.

For one Champion's League Competition, I had 35  Entrants in one Champion's League Competition, each paying an Entry Fee of £30. Therefore, it was only right that I should have a strict Entry Deadline, to adhere to.

Obviuosly, there is no Entry Fee/Prize Money in these Competitions on Netweather, just a bit of fun.

And yes you're right Dws, I do like to be enthusiastic about these Competitions, as a way of "drumming up" Entries.

I've always find a "one dimensional" Competition boring, and you might as well just pick names out of a hat, as in an Office Sweepstake.

I think the good thing about this sort of Competition, more than likely in some form or another you will have an interest, in each Match of the Tournament.

I think there is enough depth/layers in this Competition, to keep each Entrant interested throughout the duration of it.

I would normally as Entrants into a World Cup, Euro Championships or Champion's League Competition to predict every Result/Score in the Tournament but I think that's too much to expect, Entrants to predict. Therefore, I've asked Entrants just to predict the finishing order, in each of the 6 Groups [A,B,C,D,E and F], and that way even if you don't have a "Goalscorer", playing in a Match, you will still have an interest in it.

Just to reiterate before I sign off and go attend to my current Horse Racing Competition, which is entering a very busy phase now. After this Saturday's action, Tuesday see the start of the Royal Ascot week, I'm quite happy for any other Member along with Dws, to post an Entry into this Competition but please NO later than 6 P.M., this Evening.

I've just remembered, there is one other Scoring element to the the Goalscorer/Super Striker Category, I need to post about, which I will do in a short while.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

• Thanks 1
    Posted
    2 hours ago, Dreckly said:

Good morning 🍀

Can I have top scoring team as France please Tom 👍

🏆

Morning Jackie, I've done that for you, thanks.

Right, I will now post up details of the other Scoring element I spoke about, in my previous post.

When you selected your "Goalscorers"/"Super Strikers", I asked to place in Box 1, the Player you thought would be Leading Goalscorer, in the Tournament. You will be allocated a "Virtual" Stake of £2, for this Category.

Below is each Entrants prediction for Leading Goalscorer of the Tournament, and the Betting Odds quoted:

image.png.ae08fd8a8daa6e49aa91207e1c93b965.pngHarry KANE - 11/2 [AVENGERSE12, CASSIE/SE12and DRECKLY]. 

image.png.65fefc18be20d71ccb3afc835c12596d.pngRomelu  LUKAKU - 9/1 [EAGLE EYE, HAYLEYBR7 and ROSS90].

image.png.a2d147d3e128c93c4c3ce5f494ed533f.pngKylian  MBAPPE - 10/1 [ANTONYBR7, K/WEATHER, PAULBR7, RAFFABR1 and TOMSE12].

Later this Afternoon, I will pop back on this Thread with some comments about the Tournament, before the opening Match, this Evening. Now I really must pop over to my Horse Racing Thread.

See you all later.

Regards,

Tom. 👍

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I am fairly sure this bookie is biased making England favourates.

£3 on Germany to win
    £2 on France each way

foot.thumb.jpg.7a4ea2e4cabc4f8ed83434beeeb57bfb.jpg

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 hour ago, summer blizzard said:

I am fairly sure this bookie is biased making England favourates.

£3 on Germany to win
    £2 on France each way

foot.thumb.jpg.7a4ea2e4cabc4f8ed83434beeeb57bfb.jpg

Evening all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

The Entry Deadline to the Competition has now expired, and I won't be able to accept any more entries, as the Kick-Off for the first Match, is less than 2 hours away.

Hi sb,

Thanks for those predictions but you've only completed a small part of the Entry?

You needed to predict the finishing positions, in all of the 6 Groups [A,B,C,D,E,F[, plus you also needed to select 6 "Goalscorers", and 2 Substitutes.

If you want to continue with your Entry, you'll have to complete the other elements, of the Competition.

Otherwise, you're going to find yourself a long way behind, when we get to the Knockout Phase.

If you're not sure what to do, just have a look at those of us who have already posted an Entry.

Just about to have my Dinner, and will be back online shortly.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

Posted

image.thumb.png.eef9f23704184969324e83577884db53.png

Mbappe to be top goal scorer and player of the tournament. For everything else i'll go with this.

“GOALSCORER” 1. -   **Kylian MBAPPE** [Fra].  “GOALSCORER” 2. – **Romelu LUKAKU** [Bel]. 

“GOALSCORER” 3. – Ciro IMMOBILE [Ita]. “GOALSCORER” 4 –  Timo WERNER .

“GOALSCORER” 5 –   Alvaro MORATA [Spa]. “GOALSCORER” 6 -Robert LEWANDOWSKI [Pol].

SUBSTITUTE     1 -  **Harry KANE** [Eng]. SUBSTITUTE 2. - Federico CHIESA [ITA].  

• Like 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

Below, are the "Goalscorer"/"Super Striker" players on show in this Evening's, opening Match.

ITALY - Ciro IMMOBILE [AntonyBR7, AvengerSE12, Dreckly, Eagle Eye, Kirkcaldy Weather, RaffaBR1, Summer Blizzard].

Federico CHIESA - Substitute [Cassie/SE12, TomSE12'

TURKEY - Burak YILMAZ [AntonyBR7, Ross90].

Just a reminder, you'll receive 1 Point if one of your selected "Goalscorers", scores a goal in the Group Phase.

As I stated on Monday, I'm actually half Italian [via my Mother], and my blood is more Italian than English.

I'm firmly in the Italian camp, when it comes to Football.

But I've let my head rule my heart, in respect of my Entry.

I think that the Italian Squad, is getting a bit long in the tooth, especially in defence.

But they have been playing really well, under Manager, Roberto Mancini, and won all 6 of their qualifying Matches.

But if Italy don't manage to win, they win the National Anthem Stakes, hands down, with the stirring Fratelli D'Italia [Brothers of Italy!!

FORZA ITALIA [Come on Italy!!}. 

Regards,

Tomasino. 👍  image.png.c2f055b85c08fa09288dfa282f25ee59.png 

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1