Local
Radar
Pollen

UEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2020 COMPETITION

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather
    Posted (edited)

Morning all,

I am currently in the process of putting together a Fantasy Competition, for the rescheduled image.png.8a3975b3601497be4c40ed94a911d011.png  UEFA European 2020 Championship, 

The Tournament was cancelled last Year, due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.

I will have my own version of VAR to help me "host" the Competition, in the form of a NAR [Netweather Assistant Referee].

My NAR will be Callum [KIRKCALDY WEATHER], who is nearing the end of his very well put together Champion's League Competition.

Over the next few Days, I will flesh out the Format for the Competition.

When I "hosted" Fantasy Competitions for World Cups, European Championships and Champion's League Competitions, I got Entrants to predict every Result/Correct Score. in the Group Stage of the Competition. That is probably too much to ask of prospective Entrants, so I've decided to approach the Group Stage, in a different way.  I will begin with explaining the Format and Scoring System, for OUTRIGHT WINNERS and NAME THE FINALISTS.

OUTRIGHT WINNERS PREDICTIONS

Predict which Team you think will win the Tournament.

You will be allocated a "Virtual" Stake of £5, on the Team of your choice. 

You will be able to place your "Virtual" Stake as a WIN Bet, or an EACH WAY Bet, the choice is yours.

You will be given the Betting Odds stated below. If you think England will Win the Tournament, £5 WIN @ 5/1 will gain you £25.

These Betting Odds are an approximation of Bookmaker's Odds, currently on offer for the Tournament.

Should you decide to place your "Virtual" Stake on England as £2.50 EACH WAY, and England are losing Finalists, you will receive half of the Odds, for your "Virtual" Wager. E.G. - £2.50 @ half of 5/1 = £2.50 @ 5/2 = £6.25 minus £2.50 losing Win Stake, gives you a Return of £3.75.

The amount of Points won, will be given on a sliding scale of Points, based on their Betting Odds, which I will make a decision on, in the next couple of Days.

Please Copy/Paste your prediction, into the OUTRIGHT WINNER Box, below. Please make sure you indicate whether you want £5 WIN or £2.50 EACH WAY.

OUTRIGHT WINNER

TEAM                                                           ODDS

image.png.1e7bd09a39adfbe94130b0b13db11324.pngEngland                                                            5/1

image.png.e1a0f45f29d94f7353442a360161f40b.pngBelgium                                                          11/2

image.png.b1ea4fa85d05a28f3eed5ea5950bfdac.pngFrance                                                             11/2

image.png.b2ddc9202c34539dfb01d69d3fb8f980.pngSpain                                                                 7/1

image.png.c586671d4b083c2a6ab8e7c6cb98a6a5.pngGermany                                                        15/2

image.png.9018509563421ebf5e27309a592d6c25.pngNetherlands                                                    9/1

image.png.f8aa9ea676ef82ec485eefb975f8cdb1.pngPortugal                                                          10/1

image.png.37f90ced3557db02ef9d915c82ae97dd.pngItaly                                                                  12/1

image.png.3c2f8badbb97e4393b85fa743a2d0ad2.pngCroatia                                                             28/1

image.png.aad4694e538c258da4137e038e511a51.pngDenmark                                                         66/1

image.png.a4a0a9546bf6de8d3c6a6ed66b60bd9f.pngPoland                                                              80/1

100/1 BAR THESE TEAMS.

1/2 the Odds, 1st and 2nd.

Others on request.

OUTRIGHT WINNER [£5 WIN or £2.50 EACH WAY] - Please indicate which.: -    

Later Today, I will post up details for the next part of the Format [NAME THE FINALISTS], and selecting "GOALSCORERS", for the Tournament.

Plus predicting the finishing order, in each of the 6 Groups [A,B.C.D.E and F]. 

Regards,

Tom. 👍 

Edited by TomSE12
    • Thanks 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 79
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I am co hosting with Tom, we will be including goal times like in my champions league competition how it works is you will be asked to predict the time of the first goal in the matches and 3 points

Afternoon all, I hope I find yourselves and your Families, well. I had to contact Kirkcaldy Weather, regarding his 4th "Goalscorer", Marco Reus. Reus has failed to make the German 26 M

Morning all, I am currently in the process of putting together a Fantasy Competition, for the rescheduled   UEFA European 2020 Championship,  The Tournament was cancelled last Year, due to t

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm.

OUTRIGHT WINNER

image.png.5c90ec8db7646038fe3d2c3cca165910.png France £5 WIN

image.png.e1a0f45f29d94f7353442a360161f40b.png.e74b6d79819eaba3fd1aa88e7a99c16f.png Belgium £2.50 Each Way

I'm not too sure what I'm supposed to do, so that's all I've done for now @TomSE12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

OUTRIGHT WINNER

Italy                                                                  12/1             £5 WIN

• Like 2
    Posted
    3 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

OUTRIGHT WINNER

image.png.5c90ec8db7646038fe3d2c3cca165910.png France £5 WIN

image.png.e1a0f45f29d94f7353442a360161f40b.png.e74b6d79819eaba3fd1aa88e7a99c16f.png Belgium £2.50 Each Way

I'm not too sure what I'm supposed to do, so that's all I've done for now @TomSE12

Much thanks for your Entry Eagle Eye. I should have made it clear, I meant only one Wager on the Team you think would win but you've given me an idea. I will allocate 2 "Virtual" Wagers to each Entrant, one WIN and one EACH WAY.

If France were to win, you would gain 11/2 [5 and a half] x £5 = £27.50.

If Belgium were to win, you would gain 11/2 [5 and a half] x £2.50 = £13.75 plus 11/4 [2 and 3/4] x £2.50 = £6.88 [for getting to the Final].

Your "Virtual" Profit for France winning = £27.50. Your "Virtual" Profit for Belgium winning = £20.63.

Your "Virtual" Profit for Belgium being losing Finalists = £4.38 £6.88 minus £2.50 losing WIN Stake.

In a short while, I will post the next part of how to Enter the Competition, with details of NAMING THE FINALISTS and GROUP PREDICTIONS.

Regards,

Tom.  👍   

• Like 2
    Posted
    11 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

OUTRIGHT WINNER

Italy                                                                  12/1             £5 WIN

Much thanks Callum but as I stated above, you can have a "Virtual" £2.50 EACH WAY, as well on another Team.

At the moment, if Italy were to win, your "Virtual" Profit would be 12 x £5 = £60.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
    Just now, TomSE12 said:

Much thanks Callum but as I stated above, you can have a "Virtual" £2.50 EACH WAY, as well on another Team.

At the moment, if Italy were to win, your "Virtual" Profit would be 12 x £5 = £60.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 

£2.50 EW Spain 7/1

• Like 2
    Posted

NAME THE FINALISTS PREDICTIONS 

Predict the 2 Teams you think will contest the Final. Instead of a Points Scoring System, I've decided to allocate a "Virtual" Stake of £2 to each Entrant, to place on the 2 Teams they expect to contest the Final.

**NB** - Please note, the route to the Final has already been predetermined, and your 2 Selections might be expected to meet before the Final.

Back in 1974, yes I'm that old!! I was just short of 19 at the time and had a £1 at 28/1 for the Netherlands to meet West Germany, in the World Cup Final, of that Year. I got lucky because  West Germany managed to lose to neighbours East Germany, in their Group Match and ended up finishing 2nd in their Group. The Netherlands [Johan Cruyff was their star, and my favourite Player of all time], won their Group, and meant they could then meet West Germany, in the Final.

I still consider that Dutch side to be the best International side I've witnessed in all the Years I've been watching Football.

They played "Total Football" and each of their Players were comfortable on the ball, and could interchange positions. 

In the 2nd Round of Matches they blew the Brazilians away 2-0,Cruyff finishing off a great move, with a side foot volley. The Brazilians had tried to kick that very talented Dutch Side, off the Park but couldn't get near them!!

Anyway, enough of my Football/Betting memories and back to the Competition!! 

If it should be an England/France Final, your "Virtual" Profit would be 10 x £2 = £20.

If it should be an France/Italy Final, your "Virtual" Profit would be 20 x £2 = £40.

Please Copy/Paste your prediction, in the NAME THE FINALISTS  Box, below.      

NAME THE FINALISTS   

FINALISTS                                                         ODDS

England/France                                                    10/1

France/Belgium                                                    10/1

England/Netherlands                                          12/1

France/Belgium                                                    12/1

Belgium/Netherlands                                         14/1

England/Belgium                                                  14/1

England/Germany                                                14/1

England/Spain                                                       14/1

France/Netherlands                                            14/1

Belgium/Germany                                                16/1

Belgium/Spain                                                       16/1

France/Germany                                                   16/1

France/Spain                                                          16/1

Belgium/Italy                                                          20/1

England/Italy                                                          20/1

France/Italy                                                             20/1

Netherlands/Germany                                         20/1

Netherlands/Spain                                                20/1

25/1 BAR THESE.

OTHERS ON REQUEST.

NAME THE FINALISTS: -

In a short while, I will post up details of the GROUP PREDICTIONS part of the Competition.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

• Thanks 1
    Posted

GROUP PREDICTIONS 

I will begin with Groups A,B,C and post Groups D, E and F, in a short while.

Predict the Finishing order in each of the Groups [A,B and C].

E.G. If you think Italy will win Group A, place A in the 1st Box. If you think Switzerland will finish 2nd in Group A, place B in the 2nd Box. Repeat this process for all of the 3 Groups [A ,B and C].

Please use the current Betting Odds, for that particular Team to Win the respective Group, as a guide.,

You will receive 2 points, for each correct prediction.

GROUP A                       

TEAM                        ODDS    

A]  ITALY                        8/15

B]  SWITZERLAND         9/2

C]  Turkey                       6/1

D]  Wales                       13/2

1st] -      2nd] -      3rd] -     4th] –

GROUP B

TEAM                          ODDS    

A] BELGIUM                     4/6  

B] DENMARK                   3/1

C] Russia                          9/2

D] Finland                      16/1   

1st] -      2nd] -      3rd] -     4th] –

GROUP C

TEAM                            ODDS    

A]  NETHERLANDS          2/5

B]  UKRAINE                     5/1

C]  Austria                        6/1

D]  North Macedonia   22/1

1st] -      2nd] -      3rd] -     4th] -  

The Teams in CAPITALS are those that Bookmakers expect to qualify, into the next Stage of the Tournament.

In a short while, I will post up Groups D, E and F, for prediction.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 

• Thanks 1
    Posted

Finalists

image.png.5c90ec8db7646038fe3d2c3cca165910.png.4506453a4343bedd5fecbc9be3bd9a26.pngFrance/Belguimimage.png.e1a0f45f29d94f7353442a360161f40b.png.a98bf241e755efa5468be733ec276702.png 10/1

Groups

Group A

1)Italy(A)

2)Turkey(C)

3)Switzerland(B)

4)Wales (D)

Group B

1)Belguim (A)

2)Russia (C)

3)Denmark (B)

4)Finland (D)

Group C

1)Netherlands(A)

2)Austria(C)

3)Ukraine(B)

4)North Macedonia(D) 

• Like 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

GROUP PREDICTIONS 

I will now post up the details of Groups D, E and F, for predicting.

Predict the Finishing order in each of the Groups [D,E and F].

E.G. If you think England will win Group D, place A in the 1st Box. If you think Croatia will finish 2nd in Group D, place B in the 2nd Box. Repeat this process for all of the 3 Groups [D ,E and F].

Please use the current Betting Odds, for that particular Team to Win the respective Group, as a guide.,

You will receive 2 points, for each correct prediction.

GROUP D

TEAM                        ODDS    

A] ENGLAND                    2/5 

B] CROATIA                      7/2 

C] Czech Republic        12/1

D] Scotland                    16/1

1st] -      2nd] -      3rd] -     4th -

GROUP E

TEAM                        ODDS    

A]  SPAIN                           1/3   

B]  POLAND                       6/1

C]   Sweden                      13/2

D]  Slovakia                     14/1

GROUP F

TEAM                         ODDS    

A]   FRANCE                      11/8    

B]   GERMANY                  11/8

C]    Portugal                      4/1       

D]   Hungary                     40/1

The Teams in CAPITALS are those that Bookmakers expect to qualify, into the next Stage of the Tournament.

A little later, I will post up details of the Final part of predictions, for the Group Stage of the Tournament.

You will be asked to Select 6 "Goalscorers" [including 2 "Super Strikers"], who you are hoping will progress as far as possible in the Tournament, and appear on the Scoresheet frequently, as their Goals will earn you Points, the value of which will increase, as the Tournament progresses.

More details on LEADING "GOALSCORESR"/"SUPER STRIKER" Selections, a little later.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Back in Edmonton Alberta(via Chelmsford, Exeter & Calgary)
  • Location: Back in Edmonton Alberta(via Chelmsford, Exeter & Calgary)

how are England the Favourites? surely they should be more like 12/1 not 5/1

• Like 1
    Posted
    5 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

how are England the Favourites? surely they should be more like 12/1 not 5/1

Not sure either, we've got enough right backs to fill a league though. 

Posted

Group D

1) Croatia(B) 

2)England(A)

3)Scotland(D) 

4)Czech Republic(C) 

Group E

1)Spain (A) 

2)Sweden (C) 

3)Poland(B)

4)Slovakia(D)

Group F

1)France(A)

2)Germany(B)

3)Portugual(C)

4)Hungary(D)

Reasons Why

Croatia - I think they have a good team spirit and reached the Final in the 2018 World Cup. 

England - We always seem to end up second. 

Scotland - A great team spirit. 

Czech Republic - I think they'll be unlucky. 

Group E

Spain - Back to their best.

Sweden - Underrated. 

Poland - Lewandowski is being relied on them too much. 

Slovakia - Ilicic will find it hard to score a lot against these Keepers. 

Group F

France - Mbappe. 

Germany - Werner. 

Portugual - A lot of controversy on Ronaldo. 

Hungary - Unlucky. 

• Like 1
    Posted

"GOALSCORER"/"SUPER STRIKER" SELECTIONS

Select 6 “Goalscorers.” ONLY 1 from any one Team. You may only select 2 **starred** Players, from your 6 selected Goalscorers. These Players will be referred to as “SUPER STRIKERS. Your “Goalscorers” will earn you Points, as they hopefully progress through the Tournament.

You will also be allocated 2 Substitute "Goalscorers" [1 of which can be a "Super Striker"].

**NB** - You can only Substitute "Goalscorers" who have been Injured or Suspended and NOT if they play for a Team, that have been eliminated from the Tournament. Also, you can only Substitute a "Goalscorer" at the start of a Stage, and NOT after. You will have to wait until the next Stage, is about to begin. And as in "actual" Football, your Substituted "Goalscorer", can play no further part in the Competition.  

Please Copy/Paste your 6 “Goalscorers”, into the Boxes, at the end of this Post. Please ensure that you place your predicted Leading “Goalscorer”, in Box 1, as this will earn you extra Points, should your prediction prove correct.   

**NB**- You may also choose Players, who are NOT shown in the Betting List, below. But please remember, ONLY one "Goalscorer" per Team and a total of 2 Players starred, with **asterisks.**

Points value of Goals scored by your "Goalscorers"/"Super Strikers", will rise as the Tournament progresses, and will be as follows:

GOALS SCORED IN GROUP STAGE - 1 Point. GOALS SCORED IN ROUND OF 16 - 2 Points. GOALS SCORED IN 1/4 FINALS - 3 Points.

GOALS SCORED IN SEMI-FINALS - 4 Points. GOALS SCORED IN FINAL - 5 Points.  There will be NO 3rd Place Play-Off, in Euro 2020.

**NB** - Any disputed goals, in terms of which Player scored them, will be decided by which Player appears as the Goalscorer, on UEFA's official Euro 2020 Website.            

“GOALSCORER”/"SUPER STRIKER" List     

PLAYER                                                                        ODDS

image.png.8dd5087f34cd2675279121bef8a0af97.png**Harry KANE [Eng]**                                                11/2

image.png.9ee2c6c1fbbac37b58c11ed14c61f7c3.png**Romalu LUKAKU [Bel]**                                          9/1

image.png.3fbc254514fab3e6902a4a85408a646d.png**Cristiano RONALDO [Por]**                                   9/1

image.png.4e43982a45482dc1e1a061c1e2e52bcc.png**Kylian MBAPPE [Fra]**                                          10/1

image.png.0c15bdaf1eff3794ad9393bdece89cda.pngMemphis DEPAY [Neth]                                             16/1

image.png.fd90332b82ebcaf0c1993c22b6fbd347.pngSerge GNABRY [Ger]                                                   18/1

image.png.4e43982a45482dc1e1a061c1e2e52bcc.pngAntoine GRIEZEMANN [Fra]                                      20/1

image.png.27de0862358c0efbd1bf90172ef90d8c.pngAlvaro MORATA [Spa]                                                 20/1

image.png.fd90332b82ebcaf0c1993c22b6fbd347.pngTimo WERNER [Ger]                                                    20/1

image.png.9ee2c6c1fbbac37b58c11ed14c61f7c3.pngEden HAZARD [Bel]                                                     22/1

image.png.8dd5087f34cd2675279121bef8a0af97.pngRaheem STERLING [Eng]                                            22/1

image.png.2941617ebec17ba3a124855f9dfc344d.png Ciro  IMMOBILE [Ita]                                                    25/1

image.png.4e43982a45482dc1e1a061c1e2e52bcc.pngOlivier GIROUD [Fra]                                                  28/1

image.png.95ee32b3d66b51e763b21933713cd06d.pngRobert LEWANDOWSKI [Pol]                                    28/1

40/1 BAR THESE.

OTHERS ON REQUEST.

Please Copy/Paste your 6 “Goalscorers” into the Boxes, provided below. You may only select 2 Starred “Goalscorers” ["Super Strikers"], amongst your 6 selections, and 1 Substitute "Super Striker."           

“GOALSCORER” 1. -

“GOALSCORER” 2. –

“GOALSCORER” 3. –

“GOALSCORER” 4 –

“GOALSCORER” 5 –

“GOALSCORER” 6 -

SUBSTITUTE     1 -

SUBSTITUTE     2. - 

I will flesh out more details of the Scoring System and Format for the Knockout Stage of the Tournament, in terms of the Competition Tomorrow, when time permits, as I have a continuation of my Horse Racing Competition to attend to.

Regards,

Tom.  👍  

• Like 1
    Posted

Morning all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

Thought I would post up an image of this Wallchart.

image.thumb.png.10d04f43ee09910cce30f25c3c94930f.png

It depicts the Roadmap [popular word at the moment] but not out of Lockdown, it shows the route to the EURO 2020 Final.

I thought it might help, when selecting your 2 Teams, to contest the Final.

In a short while, I will post up more details of the Scoring System, I'll be using for the Competition.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 

• Thanks 1
    Posted

Super Strikers

Leading Striker

Lukaku image.png.e1a0f45f29d94f7353442a360161f40b.png.e74b6d79819eaba3fd1aa88e7a99c16f.png.10d8e9f4e98b9c1e7d743c5b180be586.png

2nd Super Striker

Mbappe image.png.5c90ec8db7646038fe3d2c3cca165910.png.8d4861ad46ecf72121b7f2d4f224188f.png

Goalscorer 1 Depay image.png.0c15bdaf1eff3794ad9393bdece89cda.png.a8a42a65662b7edd785ee27c1f30fb81.png

Goalscorer 2 Gnabry image.png.fd90332b82ebcaf0c1993c22b6fbd347.png.aab6ff3cde053bc99d5da0df2dfb7519.png

Goalscorer 3 Immobile image.png.2941617ebec17ba3a124855f9dfc344d.png.232c1348ed860bd2d33dedaa8d8c7775.png

Goalscorer 4 LEWANDOWSKI image.png.95ee32b3d66b51e763b21933713cd06d.png.e3b0a72da24f9036eb5564d632cf634e.png

I'll do the subs later

• Like 1
    Posted
    13 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

Group D

1) Croatia(B) 

2)England(A)

3)Scotland(D) 

4)Czech Republic(C) 

Group E

1)Spain (A) 

2)Sweden (C) 

3)Poland(B)

4)Slovakia(D)

Group F

1)France(A)

2)Germany(B)

3)Portugual(C)

4)Hungary(D)

Reasons Why

Croatia - I think they have a good team spirit and reached the Final in the 2018 World Cup. 

England - We always seem to end up second. 

Scotland - A great team spirit. 

Czech Republic - I think they'll be unlucky. 

Group E

Spain - Back to their best.

Sweden - Underrated. 

Poland - Lewandowski is being relied on them too much. 

Slovakia - Ilicic will find it hard to score a lot against these Keepers. 

Group F

France - Mbappe. 

Germany - Werner. 

Portugual - A lot of controversy on Ronaldo. 

Hungary - Unlucky. 

Edit to group F

1)Germany

2)France

• Like 1
    Posted
    6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Super Strikers

Leading Striker

Lukaku image.png.e1a0f45f29d94f7353442a360161f40b.png.e74b6d79819eaba3fd1aa88e7a99c16f.png.10d8e9f4e98b9c1e7d743c5b180be586.png

2nd Super Striker

Mbappe image.png.5c90ec8db7646038fe3d2c3cca165910.png.8d4861ad46ecf72121b7f2d4f224188f.png

Goalscorer 1 Depay image.png.0c15bdaf1eff3794ad9393bdece89cda.png.a8a42a65662b7edd785ee27c1f30fb81.png

Goalscorer 2 Gnabry image.png.fd90332b82ebcaf0c1993c22b6fbd347.png.aab6ff3cde053bc99d5da0df2dfb7519.png

Goalscorer 3 Immobile image.png.2941617ebec17ba3a124855f9dfc344d.png.232c1348ed860bd2d33dedaa8d8c7775.png

Goalscorer 4 LEWANDOWSKI image.png.95ee32b3d66b51e763b21933713cd06d.png.e3b0a72da24f9036eb5564d632cf634e.png

I'll do the subs later

Substitutes 

Super Striker

Kane 1514620692_image.png.8dd5087f34cd2675279121bef8a0af97(1).png.7ed4673337988de32a2b1426bea24d4d.png

Goalscorer

Morata image.png.27de0862358c0efbd1bf90172ef90d8c.png.8e12dd5ec5314e9f9b3a45a05c07c259.png

Posted
    Posted (edited)

Evening all,

Much thanks to EAGLE EYE above, for his Entry.

Your Team of 6 "Goalscorers", is in perfect ratio, with just the 2 "Super Strikers" selected in your initial Selections, and the 2 Substitutes, with just the 1 "Super Striker" selected in your Substitutes. You can still change your mind about any of your Predictions/Selections, if you so wish.

I will decide on a final Entry Deadline, in the next few Days.

I've put together a Dozen "Goalscorer" Guides, to offer assistance to Entrants, when selecting their 6 "Goalscorers"

The 12 Teams are Bookmakers suggestion of the most likely Winners of the Tournament. Apologies to Callum but they don't include Scotland.

The statistics give the age, number of International appearances  and International goals scored.

I will post up these Dozen Teams, in alphabetical order.

I will post up "Goalscorer" Guides to 4 Teams this Evening - BELGIUM, CROATIA, DENMARK and ENGLAND.

image.png.5863e9c6dc24fc36e17f09efe35731b0.pngBELGIUM                                

PLAYER              AGE  APPS  GLS

**R.LUKAKU**            28      90      55

E. Hazard                  30    106      32

K. De Bruyne           29       79      21

C. Benteke               30       39      16 

image.png.ea6f5e59b5c3ba803a85e42ded6ed924.pngCROATIA

PLAYER              AGE APPS  GLS

L. Modric             35   136     17

I. Rakitic              33   106     15

A,Kramaric         29     52     14

N. Vlasic              23     20        5

image.png.99993abb1d473da1a672fd7eb32f98b2.pngDENMARK

PLAYER              AGE APPS  GLS

C. Eriksen           29    106     36

M. Braithwaite 30      48        8

Y. Poulsen          26      53        7

K. Dolberg          23      24        7 

image.png.024110a69c766fcf1dde94ad05ae96ff.pngENGLAND

PLAYER               AGE   APPS  GLS

**H. KANE**           27       53      34

R. Sterling             26        61      14

M. Rashford          22       40      11

M. Mount               22       16       4

**NB** - These "Goalscorer" Statistics are meant as a Guide ONLY,

You may choose Players that don't appear in these Guides, if you so wish.

I have sourced most of these Statistics from Footballdatabase.eu. See link below:

Footballdatabase.eu, statistics of football players, transfers, games, clubs, LIVE, videos...

I will post up the "Goalscorer" Guides to the other 8 Teams - FRANCE, GERMANY, ITALY, NETHERLANDS, POLAND, PORTUGAL, SPAIN and SWEDEN, Tomorrow Morning.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 

Edited by TomSE12
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

Morning all,

I will now post up the "Goalscorer" Guides for those other 8 Teams, spread over 2 posts:

image.png.877cc5ca0d4135f899435093c2bf1244.pngFRANCE

PLAYER                AGE   APPS  GLS

A. Griezmann       30       87      34

*K. MBAPPE          22       40      16

P. Pogba               28       76       10 

A. Lacazette        30       16         3

image.png.c85e97ba8ff047fa77eec81744b8baae.pngGERMANY  

PLAYER             AGE    APPS    GLS

T. Kroos                31       101       17

T. Werner             25         38       15

S, Gnabry             25         20       15

L. Goretzka          26         32       13

image.png.02e4785c78029a145aec706bfd94b07a.pngITALY

PLAYER          AGE  APPS  GLS

C. Immobile   31      45      12

L. Insigne        30      40        7

M. Kean           21        8        2

F. Chiesa         23      24        1   

image.png.abf22161b2fd8e9978af014819d89dbd.pngNETHERLANDS

PLAYER         AGE APPS  GLS

M. Depay      27      62       23

L. De Jong     30      35         8

Q. Promes    29      47         7

S. Berghuis   29      24         2

In a short while, I will post up the Final 4 "Goalscorer" Guides, that of Poland, Portugal,  Spain and Sweden.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 

Edited by TomSE12
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

I will now post up the Final 4 "Goalscorer" Guides, that of Poland, Portugal, Spain and Sweden.

image.png.593acbf88cab14f859261fa73b7cc8d0.pngPOLAND

PLAYER                     AGE APPS  GLS

R. Lewandowski      32    118     66

K. Grosicki                 33      83     17

A. Milic                        27      59     15

P. Zielinski                 27       59      6

image.png.c3a2d25bc1ebc25e31053fd81137479f.pngPORTUGAL

PLAYER              AGE APPS  GLS

*C. RONALDO    36    173    103

B. Silva              26      54         7

D. Jota               24      12         6

G. Guedes         24      26        6

image.png.eda304a031041004b99e92422824e667.pngSPAIN

PLAYER          AGE APPS  GLS

A. Morata       28     39      19

G. Moreno      29     10        5

M. Asensio      25     25        1

M. Llorente    26       4         0 

image.png.bdb2b396515f66cef7b40c7d3e45667f.pngSWEDEN

PLAYER         AGE APPS  GLS

M. Berg           34      84     23

S. Larsen        36     127      9

R. Quaison     27      24       8

E. Forsberg     29      56       8

That completes the 12 "Goalscorer" Guides. You don't have to include  "Goalscorers", from these Guides. You may want to include some of your own "Goalscorers", that you've researched yourself.

But please remember, as EAGLE EYE has done above, of your 6 "Goalscorers", no more than 2 "SUPER STRIKERS", which are those **starred** with asterisks. You are also allowed 2 Substitutes, one of which can be a "SUPER STRIKER."

Later on Today, I will post up more details of the Format/Scoring System, I'll be using in the Competition.

Also when the Entry Deadline, will be.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

Edited by TomSE12
    Posted

Morning all,

I've not had the time to post up anymore details of the Format/Scoring System for the Competition, as I've been busy with my Horse Racing Competition. But from Tomorrow I will be able to devote much more time to it.

I have decided on an Entry Deadline, though.

I will complete the Format for the Competition around midweek, next week, and will set the Entry Deadline for Wednesday 9th June, at 9 P.M.

The first Match between Italy and Turkey, will take place on the Evening of, Friday 11th June.

More details to follow.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

Posted

Afternoon all,

I will now hope to pull all the strands of the Competition together, by going through each Stage of the Competition, in terms of what each Entrant needs to predict.

PART 1 [GROUP STAGE]

OUTRIGHT WINNERS

Using the Betting Odds as a Guide, posted at the start of the Competition Thread last Tuesday and employing your allocated "Virtual Stakes.

1] - Indicate your "Virtual" £5 to Win, on your Team/Country of choice, that you think will win the Tournament.

2] - Indicate your "Virtual" £2.50 Each Way, on a Team/Country of choice, that you think may get to the Final but end up losing Finalists.

NAME THE FINALISTS

Using the Betting Odds as a Guide, posted the same Day, as above and employing your allocated £2 "Virtual" Stakes.

Indicate which 2 Teams/Countries you think, will contest the Final.

**NB** - Your NAME THE FINALISTS prediction, doesn't have to be the same 2 Teams, that you've Selected in the OUTRIGHT WINNERS Category.

As the Route to the Final has already been predetermined by an earlier Draw, you may want to consult a Wallchart, before making your predictions, in the above 2 Categories. See image of Wallchart below:

image.png.04ab667b59b50475e9756563cc9ce686.png

Additional Points on offer, for your Finalists should they progress as a "Pair", through each Stage of the Tournament.

ROUND OF 16 Qualifiers - 1 Point. QUARTER-FINAL Qualifiers - 2 Points. SEMI-FINAL Qualifiers - 3 Points.

GROUP PREDICTIONS

Rather than predict the Correct Score and therefore the Result in each Match of the Group Stage [I'll leave that to the Knockout Stage], predict the finishing positions in each of the 6 Groups [A,B.C,D,E and F[. You will receive 2 Points, for each correct prediction.

See posts containing the 6 Groups [A,B,C,D,E and F], Betting Odds Guide and Selection Box, made last Tuesday.

"GOALSCORER"/"SUPER STRIKER" SELECTIONSto the latter Stages 

See post made last Tuesday Evening, containing details of this Category.

Please pay particular attention to the Rule regarding the composition of your 6 "Goalscorers"/"Super Strikers"

**NB** - ONLY 2 starred [**Asterisked**] Players allowed in your *Team* of 6 **Goalscorers.**

ONLY one Player from any one Team/Country allowed.

Also nominate 2 Substitute Players [ONLY 1 "Super Striker" allowed].

Once a "Goalscorer"/"Super Striker" has been Substituted, he can't re-enter the Tournament, at a later date.

Please use “GOALSCORER”/"SUPER STRIKER" Betting Odds List, only as a Guide. You may select your own Players for this Category, if you so wish, as long as they are in the Ratio, stated above. You will find the Selection Box for this Category, in that post I made last Tuesday evening.

Your aim is to get as many of your "Team" of 6 "Goalscorers"/"Super Strikers", through to the latter Stages of the Tournament, as Points gained for Goals scored, will rise vas the Tournament progresses. Points gained for Goals scored, will be as follows:

GROUP STAGE Goals - 1 Pont. ROUND OF 16 Goals - 2 Points. QUARTER FINAL Goals - 3 Points. SEMI-FINAL Goals - 4 Points. FINAL Goals - 5 Points.

**NB** - Please remember to place the "Goalscorer" you think will be leading "Goalscorer" of the Tournament in Box 1 of the Selection Box, as this will earn you extra Points, should you be correct in your prediction.

I will post up the Format/Scoring System for other aspects of the Knockout Stage in the Tournament, over the next few Days.

Just to recap, the Entry Deadline is - Wednesday 9th June, at 9 P.M.

If any Member would like to Enter, please indicate by posting on this Thread.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

Posted

Just a quick P.S., to the marathon post above.

The ruling about a disputed "Goalscorer" will be resolved by the name of the Player that appears, on the official UEFA  Euro 2020 Website.

The Scoring System is pretty much the same as the Scoring System I'm using, in my current Horse Racing Competition.

That being, a combination of Returns gained from allocated "Virtual" Stakes and Points based on the Odds of a selected Horse.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 

Posted
    Posted (edited)

Morning all,

Further to my post of Yesterday Evening, I thought I would give an example of how I would like Entries to the Competition, for those Members who would like to enter, to be submitted.

I've used EAGLE EYE's predictions, in the example.

As with all Fantasy Sports Competitions I "host" on Netweather, I keep a record of Member's Entries, in my Competition folder.

I think it makes it easier to record, if Entries are in a standardized form.

I have split Eagle Eye's Entry, into 2 Posts.

I'll begin with the Outright Winner and Group Predictions, Categories:

UEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020 COMPETITION 

OUTRIGHT WINNER PREDICTION CATEGORY

OUTRIGHT WINNER [Win Prediction]: - £5 Win image.png.ac8c9f99d917cec3fbf982a59a084b43.pngFrance @ 11/2.

OUTRIGHT WINNER [Each Way Prediction]: - £2.50 Each Way image.png.7ad09b7d898a191a36e125010e7cb8a4.pngBelgium @ 11/2. [BTW, use of Flags is not compulsory].

GROUP PREDICTION CATEGORY

GROUP A 

A]  Italy. B]  Switzerland. C]  Turkey. D]  Wales.                      

1st] - A. 2nd] - C. 3rd] - B. 4th] – D.

GROUP B

A] Belgium. B] Denmark. C] Russia. D] Finland.  

1st] - A. 2nd] - C. 3rd] - B. 4th] – D.

GROUP C

A]  Netherlands. B]  Ukraine. C]  Austria. D]  North Macedonia.   

1st] - A.  2nd] - C. 3rd] - B.  4th] - D.

GROUP D

A] England. B] Croatia. C] Czech Republic. D] Scotland.                   

1st] - B. 2nd] - A. 3rd] - D. 4th - C.

GROUP E

A] Spain. B]  Poland. C] Sweden. D] Slovakia.                   

1st] - A. 2nd] -  C. 3rd] - B. 4th] - D.               

GROUP F

A]  France. B]   Germany. C] Portugal. D] Hungary.                       

1st] - B. 2nd] - A. 3rd] - C. 4th] - D. 

In a short while, I will post up the Entry charts for the NAME THE FINALISTS and "GOALSCORER"/"SUPER STRIKER" Categories, using Eagle Eye's Entry, as an example.

Regards,

Tom.  👍  

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1