Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

More Northern Blocking....why?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Just out of interest, the models appear to be suggesting more extensive northern blocking is expected to develop and my question is this.... What is driving it?  Now im not very good with the teleconnections and i dont pretend to be. But i am interested into why northern blocking is predicted to develop and am wondering what is driving that development ....

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

Just out of interest, the models appear to be suggesting more extensive northern blocking is expected to develop and my question is this.... What is driving it?  Now im not very good with the teleconnections and i dont pretend to be. But i am interested into why northern blocking is predicted to develop and am wondering what is driving that development ....

Not sure, but maybe it’s something connected to La Niña, coupled with low solar activity and the recent volcano. 

Im possibly talking out of my rear end, lol.

It does look as if a cooler theme has set in, and if temps are still struggling to top 21c moving into June, I’ll be concerned. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
2 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

I am no expert MMR but could it be to do with the last demise of the pv or final warming?

pole10_nh.thumb.gif.827dceeb0d0a8abba5c7a8f062239736.gifpole30_nh.thumb.gif.e019e779f5985e1949a3d28c076892ae.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Even gave a chilly impressive thunderstorm today,very impressive hail only and a dusting.

The lop sided jet and very persistant Greenland high.

• Like 1

Posted

Might be of interest

Jet stream: Is climate change causing more ‘blocking’ weather events?

The past few months have seen some remarkable weather, from the UK’s sunniest spring on record to Siberia’s dramatic heatwave and “zombie wildfires”.

Key to this unseasonable weather are persistent high-pressure “blocking” weather systems, which bring clear, dry conditions on the ground below for many days or weeks.

Blocking events bat away oncoming low-pressure systems that would bring the prospect of clouds and rain. They are particularly synonymous with heatwaves and drought in summer and bitterly cold conditions in winter.

But what are the prospects for blocking events in a warming climate? And could a rapidly warming Arctic also have a role to play?

In this Q&A, Carbon Brief takes a closer look at the causes of blocking events and the potential changes in the future.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/jet-stream-is-climate-change-causing-more-blocking-weather-events?utm_content=buffer51c23&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1