Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
43 minutes ago, Polar. said:

Hottest day on record for Northern Ireland after Ballywatticock in County Down recorded 31.2C this afternoon. Beats the 30.8C set in 1983 and 1976.

Cant be true. Record for ireland is 33.3C Plus i remember them reaching 32C in July 2006. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_by_extreme_temperatures?wprov=sfla1

Edited by 38.7°C

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

St Bees Head on the Cumbrian Coast has some of, if not the coolest summer temperatures in England, it's warmest month, July has an average high of just 17.6C! Ideal climate for people like me and Markyo. I might move there one day. Beautiful place too looking at the pics on google maps. They do very poorly for snow though.

flooded-railway-line.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

St. Bees Head UK climate averages

Been in that general area quite a few times, been to Whitehaven, Workington, Cockermouth and Maryport in the last 5 years. As you say it tends to be cooler there, especially if you head a little east into the Lake District mountains. I remember a few summers ago trekking round Bassenthwaite which was certainly a bit of a hike when your not really used to it! Amazing view of Skiddaw though and we also got treated to a low flybe of a military jet engine plane.

I'm still very impressed by NI breaking their record!

• Like 1

Posted

This weather is horrid. We're still at 28.4C with a dewpoint of 20.2C at nearly 7pm.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
58 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Oh yeah, the weather itself is gorgeous, it's just that the temperatures are about 10 degrees too high! 

Yep totally agree, weather is perfect, but temp is both totally unuseable both for doing anything thing and sleeping in! Not looking forward to next few days at all. By far the worst part of the Summer so far.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
38 minutes ago, IanR said:

29c  a lot hotter than forecast, dont like it,   the bbc forecasts seem to underestimate the temps  

really dont like  heat anymore ,  how you change when you get older 

Agree. I do not rely on the BBC app but you do check it the real weather and it is unbelievably off for my area a lot of the time. 
28c and wall to wall blue sky sunshine today but BBC app shows 21c and sunny intervals. This happens a lot. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

UKV suggesting 33°C in London tomorrow.

755591618_viewimage(2).thumb.png.e19e78e8c1143b02a8ef903e7b7b2eff.png

Hopefully, I can get the first 30°C on the board here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Still 25C outside, at 7:40 pm! Phew, what a scorcher! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
1 hour ago, Northwest NI said:

Hottest day ever recorded in Northern Ireland

27.5c where I am

73D6AF22-2936-4B99-8847-929FD18B88FB.jpeg

Like to see an accuracy check on this, other official highs in the area were around 28°C. Seems suspect, no ice cream vans parked near by, per chance?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

This weather is glorious! 

Would love if the entire summer was like this. Picnics and ice creams in the afternoons and then evening BBQs. Perfecto. 

• Like 1

Whinge whinge whinge after one day! 

Temperatures lifted back up to about 25C here after dropping back to 23C from 28.5C in mid afternoon. A really pleasant day, hopefully a few degrees warmer the next few days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
9 minutes ago, mathematician said:

Way too hot, today. I absolutely hate this kind of weather. It's just pointless suffering. Looking forward to having some rain again soon .

Jeez it was 28c, not 40c The people of Lytton in Canada suffered. They had 50c to contend with. I think we might just be able to manage with a couple of days in the high 20s in what has been a summer devoid of any real heat.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

This summer was never going to be a belter but today does show we can make our own heat if the weather Gods put their mind to it. I'm pleased for heat lovers in Northern Ireland today as that part of the world hasn't been benefiting from global warming. (if you consider warmer conditions a benefit)

Here in Kent it's been rather uneventful, maxxed at 26c here with a NE breeze which is pleasant enough. I'd like a 30c tomorrow simply because I just fancy a bit of heat!

Edited by Bradley in Kent

Posted
1 minute ago, Bradley in Kent said:

This summer was never going to be a belter but today does show we can make our own heat if the weatherGods put their mind to it. I'm pleased for Northern Ireland today as that part of the world hasn't been benefiting from global warming.

Here in Kent it's been rather uneventful, maxxed at 26c here with a NE breeze which is pleasant enough. I'd like a 30c tomorrow simply because I just fancy a bit of heat!

What is 26C not hot enough for you?

Posted

Cooling off now in East Lancs, currently 22.8C with 61% humdity and feeling very pleasant outside now. I suppose becuase it feels a lot cooler in comparison to the 27C I had earlier. Bedroom temp now 25.7C, the highest I've seen it since 25th July 2019, the hottest day on record.

Looking forward to getting my USB fan tommorow, I'll need it!

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Northwest NI said:

Hottest day ever recorded in Northern Ireland

27.5c where I am

73D6AF22-2936-4B99-8847-929FD18B88FB.jpeg

What's strange is that the synoptic setup is nothing out of the ordinary, we are not pulling up a long-fetch southerly from North Africa, it's just intense high pressure sat over the UK.

3 hours ago, Polar. said:

Hottest day on record for Northern Ireland after Ballywatticock in County Down recorded 31.2C this afternoon. Beats the 30.8C set in 1983 and 1976.

Silliest place name I've ever heard!  Imagine someone asking you where you live "oh I live in bally what i chicken". "Erm, where?"

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

What's strange is that the synoptic setup is nothing out of the ordinary, we are not pulling up a long-fetch southerly from North Africa, it's just intense high pressure sat over the UK.

Silliest place I've ever heard!  Imagine someone asking you where you live "oh I live in bally what i chicken". "Erm, where?"

Next it'll be the bleedin' Ballywatticock variant, that will be less effective against vaccines, much more transmissable and all that rubbish

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!
13 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

What is 26C not hot enough for you?

Absolutely it's a very pleasant temperature! But for me to get that real heat feeling, we're talking 30c or above, ideally 33c or above but dew point has a major bearing of course!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It always seems that the sea breeze is strongest on this part of the coast in england, we were stuck at around 20-23c most of the afternoon after a max at midday of 25. I really hope it can get a bit higher tomorrow just for that real 'hot  feel'. 30c is rare here but we need a slight easterly for it to happen like last August.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Freeze said:

It always seems that the sea breeze is strongest on this part of the coast in england, we were stuck at around 20-23c most of the afternoon after a max at midday of 25. I really hope it can get a bit higher tomorrow just for that real 'hot  feel'. 30c is rare here but we need a slight easterly for it to happen like last August.

Not much breeze here today and imo not enough of a breeze this summer here. I wish I lived nearer to the coast, would get more of a refreshing breeze then.

• Like 1

Posted

I guess my definition of "heat" is a lot different to a lot of other people on here then.

For me in summer:

Below 15: Cold

15-18C: Cool

19-21: Comfortable

22-23: Warm

24-26: Hot

27+: Scorching 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
40 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Silliest place name I've ever heard!  Imagine someone asking you where you live "oh I live in bally what i chicken". "Erm, where?"

Despite the earlier talk of climate change actually at this time of year (the UK thermal maximum is Aug 12th) and with lapse rates about as high as you can get them (near 15C) we are seeing more or less what we'd expect from such a setup. Remember that even most summers do produce 30C and it just so happens the high center is just north of NI.

Very hot, yes but not exceptional for the time of year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Monday is looking like a belter too!

viewimage.thumb.png.1f3c820877099ef663ec0a360270a40f.png 1395435029_viewimage(1).thumb.png.7f536a07c2b6b4a84660f36eb7610c21.png

Looking forward to spinning for some bass down at Kimmeridge.

• Like 1