Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

25c at midday, slowly dropping all afternoon now at 23c lovely day not too hot.

• Like 1

Posted

The 2 closest Wunderground stations that are on Southern facing hills (like my home) are both showing temps of 30.7C and 30.4C

(For some reason Stoke on Trent doesn't have an official Weatherstation, closest one is Leek and that's up in the Moor's  )

It's only the second day and it's too hot already, Make it stop!

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

A stretch from Teeside to Bristol at 29C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Fair to say the position of the high has helped a lot here. However a new record high for Northern Ireland and will be close to (Or will be) the hottest temperature in the U.K. today

• Like 2

Posted

Interesting. Must admit I never clocked that in advance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
54 minutes ago, Frigid said:

45% humidity here which is about as low it gets during a hot summers day. I can't imagine how it would feel to be 28c and humidity in the high 80s though 

That would be incredibly difficult in the UK to get 25C dew points, which is what 85% at 28C is. Low 20s is good going.

A very humid day in the UK would be with dew points of about 21C/70F, with air temps of 30C the relative humidity would only be about 50%. This is why relative humidity is a poor measure of describing how humid it is.

Edited by Nick L
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Not often you see this over the British Iles

image?type=visual&region=gb
DE.SAT24.COM

Aktuelle Wetter Satellitenbilder Vereinigtes Königreich und Irland, Niederschlag, Schnee, Temperaturen, Blitze, Wolken, Sonne - SAT24.com

Eg nothing but clear sky!

Posted

Today and tomorrow both look like outstanding days across the country. Not sure down here it makes up for nearing 4 weeks of utter garbage but it certainly is very nice. 

Down here about 26c at the moment, very warm but not so hot that you can't get out and really enjoy the day. Tomorrow may start to tip into that category.

Also I have to say I'm amazed at the fact NI has beaten its all time record, again yet another sign of our old friend AGW...

Ps, at least we know the UK has now had a 30c day, even if its far from the usual suspects!

Edited by kold weather

27 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Fair to say the position of the high has helped a lot here. However a new record high for Northern Ireland and will be close to (Or will be) the hottest temperature in the U.K. today

Well that’s a turn up for the book. A national record in what is a pretty ordinary setup. shows you how important the positioning of the high is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Today and tomorrow both look like outstanding days across the country. Not sure down here it makes up for nearing 4 weeks of utter garbage but it certainly is very nice. 

Down here about 26c at the moment, very warm but not so hot that you can't get out and really enjoy the day. Tomorrow may start to tip into that category.

Also I have to say I'm amazed at the fact NI has beaten its all time record, again yet another sign of our old friend AGW...

Ps, at least we know the UK has now had a 30c day, even if its far from the usual suspects!

Sorry, probably silly question but,  AGW?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, Frigid said:

I myself don't enjoy this weather but it's only a week out of the whole year we get heatwave conditions. Soon enough the weather will become autumnal and chilly which is what we've been through since October. 

Thank goodness! 

1 hour ago, Frigid said:

45% humidity here which is about as low it gets during a hot summers day. I can't imagine how it would feel to be 28c and humidity in the high 80s though 

Like a sauna probably.

33 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

And yet another summer where somewhere has reached 30C yet again. Too much to expect these days not for anywhere to reach 30C in summer these days. All it takes is one whiff of high pressure, and 30C is acheieved somehwere.

Whats even more surpising is that temperature was acheived by somewhere near the coast too.

Posted
2 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Sorry, probably silly question but,  AGW?

I was wondering that too!

Posted

I think AGW may be referring to anthropogenic global warming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Maxed out at 28.3C here, now currently 27C. Easily the hottest day here since last August!

Stayed at a comfortable 21C on the Cumbrian Coast, at St Bees Head. Nearly always the coolest place in summer in North West England, esspecially for maximum temperatures. I wish I lived there! Nothing too hot next week there either. It's not that far away from Northern Ireland as well!

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

St. Bees Head last 24 hours weather including temperature, wind, visibility, humidity and atmospheric pressure

image.thumb.png.ccff792887912bc5306d98ae68b73db8.png

image.thumb.png.0531431e83e4cc366bbf7a9d9fde493b.png

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted

Only 20c here now, dropped quick.

I expect it'll rise in the evening 

Edited by Freeze

Posted

St Bees Head on the Cumbrian Coast has some of, if not the coolest summer temperatures in England, it's warmest month, July has an average high of just 17.6C! Ideal climate for people like me and Markyo. I might move there one day. Beautiful place too looking at the pics on google maps. They do very poorly for snow though.

flooded-railway-line.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

St. Bees Head UK climate averages

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

St Bees Head on the Cumbrian Coast has some of, if not the coolest summer temperatures in England, it's warmest month, July has an average high of just 17.6C! Ideal climate for people like me and Markyo. I might move there one day. Beautiful place too looking at the pics on google maps. They do very poorly for snow though.

flooded-railway-line.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

St. Bees Head UK climate averages

In the last couple of months you've gone from taking the Mick out of markyo about his heat tolerance to now all of a sudden being exactly the same hating any warmth, I swear you never used to hate heat like you say you do now, not from your previous posts anyway.

Posted

Finally relented and bought one of these! 

SMILE.AMAZON.CO.UK

Free delivery and returns on eligible orders. Buy USB Fan, OCOOPA USB Desk Fan Table Fan with Strong Airflow & Quiet Operation, Portable Cooling Fan Speed Adjustable 360°Rotatable Head for Home Office...

Posted
3 minutes ago, Freeze said:

In the last couple of months you've gone from taking the Mick out of markyo about his heat tolerance to now all of a sudden being exactly the same hating any warmth, I swear you never used to hate heat like you say you do now, not from your previous posts anyway.

I'm not sure what's happened but for some reason my heat tolerance is very poor this summer, only reason I can think of is the colder spring this year so my body has not had chance to adjust yet, hopefully I'll acclimatise soon. If not, autumn is just around the corner!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Hottest day ever recorded in Northern Ireland

27.5c where I am

73D6AF22-2936-4B99-8847-929FD18B88FB.jpeg

Edited by Northwest NI
  • Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

29.4°C not long ago. Beautiful day! 

Oh yeah, the weather itself is gorgeous, it's just that the temperatures are about 10 degrees too high! 

• Like 3

Posted

29c  a lot hotter than forecast, dont like it,   the bbc forecasts seem to underestimate the temps  

really dont like  heat anymore ,  how you change when you get older 

• Like 4