Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Has there been any plumes this summer or indeed this year?  I am struggling to recall if I had seen any altocumulus castellanus/floccus around here this year.   

There was the half plume at the end of the July, but it wasn’t a proper one. Like everything this year it was a complete let down. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Honestly this is awful , more light drizzle kids outdoor party cancelled again 

Posted
8 hours ago, al78 said:

I don't like high temperatures (e.g. the week in July) but the general cloudy unsettled crapness of this summer is highly undesirable as well. Again, it is not a case of wanting one extreme or another, it is enjoying moderation, and four months of crapness is not moderation. This summer has been an endurance test which is really not needed after a year and a half of pandemic restrictions, and to extract the urine to the max the weekends have been particularly bad since early May. There are only two good things about this summer. Firstly, the first half of June and the second week of August was quite decent and the heatwave, although uncomfortable, was uplifting from the sunshine perspective. Secondly, I nailed one of the best week's weather for my hiking trip in the Scottish highlands late May/early June, which had followed a month of cool unsettled cloudy crud. It is rare I can say one of my best weeks weather of the summer was when I was in Scotland given I live in SE England, which says a lot about the SE England summer this year.

You were lucky. Glad you had the chance to enjoy the sunny weather during that time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

Looks like another weekend of sunshine rationing, at least it isn't raining.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

For me in the SE it definitely has been one of the worst summer's I can remember. I also don't remember such quick changing forecasts in a long time. Today we have a family BBQ. On Monday today was forecast to rain all day and since then has gone anywhere from raining and 17c to sunny all day and 25c with so many fluctuations. I don't remember so much constant change in the past.

• Like 4

Posted
13 minutes ago, Lauren said:

For me in the SE it definitely has been one of the worst summer's I can remember. I also don't remember such quick changing forecasts in a long time. Today we have a family BBQ. On Monday today was forecast to rain all day and since then has gone anywhere from raining and 17c to sunny all day and 25c with so many fluctuations. I don't remember so much constant change in the past.

Yeah, they promised a 25 or 27c the other day on itv weather, and maybe a thunderstorm. None of that came to pass, but just the usual 19-21 or scraping a 22c with mostly damp cloudy weather.

No proper dry weather, so not able to take the bike out, or go for a long walk like last weekend. Hopefully it stays dry for the rest of the day, despite cloud cover.

This summer has been vile. 

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Alderc said:

And it’s drizzling….unbelievable what does it take to get a dry weekend day! Utterly ridiculous! 

The curse of the Euros.

Most summers when the Euros take place are either very average or poor.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Hang on a minute it’s brightened up here , suns not out but the world doesn’t look grey at the minute I will take that 

Desperate times

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Another very useable Summers Sunday, nice breeze, sunshine coming and going, bit of patchy drizzle at first but not bad at all. Only had a few Sundays this season when outside activities were curtailed. Can't complain at all.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.

The Sun's come out now.

Is it just me or is the MetO having real difficulty pinning this summer's weather down?  Yesterday they extended today's Yellow warning for rain westward to include my part of the Midlands, yet waking up this morning the warning has been withdrawn. Today's widespread rain has now been downgraded to a chance of showers and sunny spells, and this isn't the first time they've flip-flopped on their forecasts.

Posted
51 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Credit where credit is due it’s actually turned into a reasonably nice afternoon. 

Lucky you. Standard August concrete grey skies and drizzle here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

A few showers around yesterday but mainly dry but today they forcast a better day unfortunately it has been showery most of the day so far and just as it was looking brighter it is now torrential,what a dismal August it has been here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Beautiful day here! The sunniest it’s been since Tuesday 10th. 22 degrees to boot - but most importantly SUNNY!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

In all fairness, temperature wise it has been pleasant enough in my neck of the woods. I would like to see some sun though as the skies have been looking very monotonous. 

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Another very useable Summers Sunday, nice breeze, sunshine coming and going, bit of patchy drizzle at first but not bad at all. Only had a few Sundays this season when outside activities were curtailed. Can't complain at all.

Any day is useable when you’re alive, not sure why you defend such mediocrity for majority of people they find it depressing when they don’t get sufficient sunshine.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
39 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Any day is useable when you’re alive, not sure why you defend such mediocrity for majority of people they find it depressing when they don’t get sufficient sunshine.

That's only your opinion though. My opinion is different, i respect your view but neither of us is right or wrong. But  Defend? very weird choice of word in my view.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

That's only your opinion though. My opinion is different, i respect your view but neither of us is right or wrong. But  Defend? very weird choice of word in my view.

lol why is it weird?

I think your being condescending towards others who disagree with you.

Posted

A nicer afternoon, and more sunshine, but still too much cloud for my liking though.

Did finally manage to have a cycle for an hour or so, mixed in with a walk. Got back in time before the skies clouded over again and started to rain. 

Recorded 23c today, which felt nice when the sun was there, and humid when the cloud was around. A few days with more wall to wall sunshine at that temp would be good, but even that seems hard to achieve.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
28 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

A nicer afternoon, and more sunshine, but still too much cloud for my liking though.

Did finally manage to have a cycle for an hour or so, mixed in with a walk. Got back in time before the skies clouded over again and started to rain. 

Recorded 23c today, which felt nice when the sun was there, and humid when the cloud was around. A few days with more wall to wall sunshine at that temp would be good, but even that seems hard to achieve.

Unfortunately we didnt fair so well,it was supposed to be dry today but it has been showery all day and temps topped out at 16 deg,no sunshine in sight!

Edited by hillbilly